Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• aeggroupaeggroup Posts: 131
    Ouch...is it so expensive today ???
    last time i spoke with my guy - he said it will be around $750...
  • Hi, Car Man and other experts, I got a lease deal today from a local dealer. Please see below. Do you think it is a reasonable deal? Please help me. I personally think it is a fair offer. Thanks!

.Here is more information as well as a price quote on 2010 MB E-350.

E350W $48,600
    775 Iridium Silver $720
    101 Black MB-Tex

***** STANDARD ACCESSORIES *****
    K15 Factory Code - Maintenance Interval
    K22 software Control for lowbeam lamps
    R02 All Season Tires
    U10 Weight Sensing System - WSS
    U12 Floormats
    1U2 Snow screen for AC
    232 Garage Door Opener
    236 Daytime Running Lights
    249 Autodimming Mirrors
    264 License Plate Holder
    265 Delete Elegance Badging
    275 Power Dr.Seat & Steering Col. w/ Memory
    279 Electronic Drive Position Selection
    291 Pelvic Airbag
    294 Knee Bag
    301 Ashtray
    309 Cup Holders
    359 Tele Aid
    414 Glass Sunroof
    427 7-Speed Automatic Transmission
    428 Steering Wheel Gearshift Paddles
    461 English Inscriptions
    475 Tire-Pressure Monitoring System
    494 Emission Equipment
    524 Paint Protection
    543 Double Sun Visors
    551 Anti-Theft Alarm System
    580 Dual-Zone Climate Control
    634 First Aid Kit
    636 Collective Code
    668 Sea Packing & Dispatch
    690 Spare Wheel (Mini)
    763 Remote Key w/Panic Button
    800 2010 Registration Year
    875 Heated Washer System
    887 Lockable Safe Box
    919 Cooling Amplifier
    986 VIN# Code
    989 Vin Code

***** OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES *****
    P01 P01 Premium Package: COMAND with 40GB Ha $3,950
    049 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface Cable
    218 : Rear View Camera
    512 : COMAND w/Navigation and Voice Control
    518 : iPod/MP3 Media Interface
    536 : SIRIUS Satellite Radio
    540 : Power Rear-Window Sunshade
    810 : harman/kardon Sound System w/Dolby 5.1
    873 : Heated Front Seats
    R08 R08 Wheel Package: 18" AMG Twin 6-Spoke $750
    277 : Sport Steering Wheel
    786 : 18" AMG 6-twin-spoke wheel
    293 Rear Side Airbags
    321 321 Sport Package: 18" 5-Spoke Wheels in
    V04 : Tire Rating
    51U : Black Roof Liner/ W212
    677 : Sport Suspension
    772 : Sport Bodystyling
    951 : Appearance Code
    954 : Avant Garde Package (Sport)
    731 Burl Walnut Wood Trim
    917 PZEV-Emission, USA

SUBTOTAL $54,020
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY $875
    TOTAL $54,895

Lease price is $ 51.000.Term is 39 months @10k per year.
    Drive off is $2500.00
    Monthly base is $708.40.00
    Monthly tax is $65.53 base on 9.25%

Monthly payment is $773.93.00
  • what are the residual and money factors for this 2010 car offered by Mercedes Benz
    financial in October, for a 39 month 7500 mile per year lease. would appreciate
    a prompt answer
  • Hi broadbandd. You know that you're punchy after a looong week when you look at the term "Pelvic Airbag" and chuckle. Need more coffee ;) .

OK, let's take a look at the deal that you were quoted. There is probably a spread of around $3,700 between this car's full MSRP and dealer invoice price. The selling price that you were quoted appears to be right around dealer invoice, which is an excellent deal.

Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses MB's current buy rate lease money factor of .00270 to calculate your car's payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Here you go, anweisz. Mercedes-Benz Financial's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 E350 Sedan 2WD with 7,500 miles per year are .00270 and 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • sh00ksh00k Posts: 4
    i everyone! i am in nyc. here are the specs on my new e-class!

2010 E350 Sedan (Rear wheel drive only) (black exterior / black leather interior with ash (like marble) inserts)
    P2 package
    panaramic sunroof
    18" wheels
    ------------------
    sticker price for the car is about $57k

i traded in my 2006 scion xb with 37k miles on it.they gave me 8k for the car..

so it was my:
    Scion XB = $8000
    CASH = $3500
    -------------------------
    Total down = $11,500

monthly payments on the car (39 month lease, 12k miles per year) =$580/month.

Just to see how much i would be spending on the ride in total after the end of 3 years, i played with the numbers--
    $11.5k down + ($580 x 38months) = $33540 total to lease the car.

Does this sound like I got an OK deal guys? This is the first ever lease I've gotten. I usually buy my cars outright with cash so this felt a little odd for me....

anyway, let me know... thanks and i wish everyone luck on their car search!!
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,292
    Since you didn't post what the actual selling price [cap cost] for the car was, it is difficult to evaluate your deal. By only looking at the after trade price there is no way to tell what the dealer discounted the car. Always negotiate the price before the trade-in. That said, you may have gotten a good deal, but there is no way to tell. One thing for sure -- 11k down on a lease is not a good idea.
    hey --

the total cost of the e350 came out to roughly 56k. you're right about negotiating the price first - i did not do that. i was more worried about them giving me a good price on my car. the bmw dealer was giving me 6k for my scion but benz wound up giving me 8k. the rest is cash.

why is it not a good idea to put down a lot in cash? i figure if i can afford it up front, it'll bring down the monthly payments considerably. i was looking forward to paying ~$800/month on the e350......

i ran the numbers so on my car with a sticker of 56k, leasing would come out to about 32-33k total - that's down payment + $580/month for 38 months...

does this info help? did i get a good deal? thanks for the heads up.
    Go with as little out of pocket as possible. Should your car be totaled, you will lose everything you put down. Go to edmunds leasing site to get more info. Also you can email the forum hosts to advise you. Keep all the cash down in the bank and use it to supplement the payments. Since you traded in a car that may change things a bit. See if they will let you roll the trade in $ into the lease. Also check out the 2010 passat's. Take a test drive in one and see if it compares favorably with the mercedes. Big $ savings for a eurosedan.
    thanks jay - those are some really good tips.

they did roll the 8k (from the car i traded in) into the lease. on top of that 8k, i am putting down $3500 in cash.

that brings the monthly payment down to $580/month for 38 months on a 2010 e350 sedan, p2 options package, 18" wheels, panaramic sunroof.

question - all costs for a lease should be what % of the cars sale price? is 50% a good number to shoot for?

i just did the math and it looks like, to lease the car for 38 months, i will be paying about 60% of the MRSP.

that is, on my 56k car, my trade in + down payment + 580/month for 38 months comes out to about $34,000 which is roughly 61% of the car's price.

man, i feel uneasy... that seems like a high number to me.....
    Lot of money for sure -- check out the passat-cc or 4motion. Plenty of sweetness for a whole lot less. I know -- it ain't a mercedes so if you have to have one I would use the internet to search for a better deal. May not be one but you can try. The deals on mercedes are not great at this time. Go to ridewithg.com and register. You can then post a question on this lease. Swapalease has deals for 699 and less zero down on the eclass -- check them out.
  • michaellnomichaellno Posts: 4,300
    Should your car be totaled, you will lose everything you put down.

You may want to check out the Nissan Maxima lease forum .. there is a sad tale of a poster who had this exact situation happen to him.
    What's a point to know you gotta good deal or bad ?
    You got the car already, so try to enjoy it. I'm sure it's better the Scion....
    $11K down....wow.... :)))
    I misunderstood the whole thing -- if you already leased the merc than there is no point to what I said. I thought you hadn't pulled the trigger yet. :confuse:
  • tnx for prompt answer, however dealer says residual value of 61% is for
    2WD coupe,while sedan is only 60%,for 39 months 7500 miles. Could
    you clarify?
  • Hi all;

Is getting a 39 month Tire and Rim insurance for $475.00 with tax worth it for the new E class??

What do you guys think?
  • What the heck does it cover?
    If your car has Sport package - take it. I paid for my insurance ( rims and tires ) $380 for the length of my lease. I changed already 4 tires - $230 to $270 each...
    insurance already paid off. Don't think twice.
  • covers tires and rim cracks if you are in an accident or drive over a pot hole or construction holes etc
  • Thanks for your post. I have the luxury package. Think he charged me too much? I can always have it cancelled within 30 days
    Yeah guys, I already got the car. I picked it up last night. I put 40 miles on it so far and I am in heaven. I feel like I'm driving my livingroom - and I mean that in a positive way. Absolutely soft, silent, and the electronics integration is superb. it feels like the car is a single piece and not a whole bunch of separate pieces put together, if that makes any sense.

i stepped out of the car and it felt like i hadnt driven or anything. stress free, strain free, absolutely superb ride. i already imported my blackberry contacts onto the computer and was calling friends 5 minutes after leaving the dealer.

im definitely going to enjoy this thing ;-D

i posted my q just bc i was curious about how my numbers looked. that's all.
    If you are looking for a sedan in the 50k price range the E is rated highly. Enjoy your ride.
  • poorprofpoorprof Posts: 109
    Can any of those of you who have bought your cars (lucky $%^#%@) tell me approximately how much over invoice you paid?
  • pete96pete96 Posts: 13
    What dealer is offering it for $475 plus tax?
  • pete96pete96 Posts: 13
    Whats a good deal on 2010 E-350 Mercedez lease?

Where do i Get it?
  • Thanks, Car man, for the reply. Can you educate me a bit on the drive off? They refuse to tell me so far how to break down the $2500 drive off. Does it sound high?
  • msf83msf83 Posts: 10
    @broadbandd.....dont walk, RUN away from that dealership. That's an insult and a joke.
  • Actually, I am doing email discussion with them. And they avoided this question of mine for a while.So I wonder they did this for a reason. What normally they charge for driveoff except for first payment an how much?
    Thanks.
  • harry28harry28 Posts: 29
    Does anyone have any experience with these two sites? The new 2010 E class is still very expensive so I was considering picking up a lease for a 2008 or 2009 E350.

I'm just hesitant without some feedback.
  • msf83msf83 Posts: 10
    too many factors, its impossible to say. Be up front with them, tell them if they can't break down what you're paying you can't do business with them.
This discussion has been closed.