Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• outieoutie Posts: 42
    edited April 2010
    Based on your information, this car is invoiced at $52,012. If it was $2,450 under invoice, the selling price is ~$49,562. It is best to get the exact figure for the final selling price.

For $4k drive off, if $2397 is toward the cap cost reduction, then I think the acq fee of ($795-$1095) is rolled into the lease.

Without paying any cap cost reduction (save that $2397), your monthly payment should be $684.46/mo + tax with 58% residual, 0.0025 MF. With 2397 cap reduction, it's $617.00. It's a little bit off but it's very close.

If you were to put down 2.4k in cap reduction, you might as well consider applying multiple security deposits. 2.4k is worth 3 security deposits, or a reduction of 0.00021 in mf. Your monthly would be $667.09 without cap reduction.

This is a great deal as long as they are already $2k under invoice. Good luck.
    edited April 2010
    Definitely push for more discount on the selling price.

MSRP: $53,425
    Invoice: $50,347
    USAA no-negotiation price: $48,047 (your dealer should be able to match it)

Assuming no cap cost reduction, acq cost/bank fee (~1095) rolled into lease, drive off only consist of first month and tags, 58% residual, MF 0.0025 (not sure if it's your credit or dealer markup if you were quoted .00275):
    $665.85/mo + tax
  • Hi

thanks so much for your valuable inof. My monthly payment is 675 (including tax already) i think it's pretty decent deal. thanks again for your help. Btw, how do I calcute the payment based on 0.0025 and in my case, they did collect multiple security deposit, should I offer that to make payment lower? tks
    edited April 2010
    You'll need to use a lease calculator like the one from here:
    http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

You'll also need to put in the acquisition fee under "additional costs included the lease".

Did they collect or did they not collect multiple security deposits? If you had the money just sitting around, you should use it to apply multiple security deposits (up to 10 for a total reduction of 0.0007 in mf). You can save 30-40$/mo. It's equilvalent to 7%+ annual return over the course of 39 months. From my experience, not many dealers know about this and even when you tell them about it they don't want to do it. It's a program offered by MB Financial. The dealerships will tell you 0.0025 is their current special rate, but if they looked carefully it is also the base/standard rate which can be further reduced by MSDs. So your mileage may vary.
  • jds10jds10 Posts: 5
    Thanks for the input. I'm leaning on him and pitting him against another dealer. Should not be a problem.
  • boomboom4boomboom4 Posts: 10
    Just wanted to update you on lease of 2010 e350. The dealer in MI was not able to find a car equipped even close to what I was looking for. I have purchased many cars over the years and have never experienced such deceptive business practices and unprofessional behavior as the salesman and sales manager exhibited. There are a lot of nice 50k+ cars available. Mercedes lost a customer. For life.
  • You're right there are a lot of nice cars out there. But why let a dealer dictate what you drive? The dealers are all independently owned. They just sell the cars. It's easy as pie to buy a car from another dealer anywhere in the country and have it delivered locally. I've owned my 2010 350 4 Matic for four months and love it.
    edited April 2010
    I agree with michaelbaum. If you have followed my previous posts, I have dealt with 5 dealers around my area and 4 of them would not honor a straight MSD deal. Only 1 did it without giving me any trouble and gave me the best price. With my extensive research/knowledge about their lease program, I cannot stand anyone trying to play game with me. I almost gave up but I finally found the dealer I felt very comfortable working with, no BS/deceptive practice.
    The fact that Mercedes allows these dealers to retain their franchises speaks very poorly of the company. Not a fan of Lexus automobiles but they know how to treat their customers. Mercedes needs to figure out that people are not just buying the car but the experience as well. I remember the CEO of Rolex years back who was asked how they can sell watches that are some much more expensive than a Timex. They both tell time accurately. He said he wasn't selling a watch but he was selling a luxury. Mercedes would would be smart to figure out exactly what they are selling. The Rolex CEO has it figured out.
  • Boomboom4,
    Which dealer are you working with (or WERE you working with would be more correct)? We're in the Detroit area and have great experience with the dealer that is not owned by the "3 connected" MB dealers in the area. If you would, share which dealer was not such a good experience.
    I didn't know if we could name specific dealers here. It is Mercedes Benz of Ann Arbor. I don't have a local dealer as I live an hour outside Detroit. Thank you.
  • Dealer names are ok, and I think first names but not last names are acceptable. Our experience with our current MB and our next (in process) has been great with MB of St Clair Shores. Not sure if you know, but Novi, Rochester, and Bloomfield are connected and (our experience) is that they do not compare to the dealer in SCS (and we live within 1 mile of the Bloomfield dealer if that says something).

If you ask for the Sales Manager (Ken), tell him you heard some good things about the dealer experience off of this board and he may recognize my user name. Good luck.
  • luxautoluxauto Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the current best money factor and residual on a 2010 Mercedes E350 coupe?
    2010 Mercedes E350 Coupe
    24 Month – Residual 61% of MSRP – .00315 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 56% of MSRP – .00280 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 47% of MSRP – .00280 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 39% of MSRP – .00280 Base Rate

Residual is based on 15k miles/year, +2% for 12k and +3% for 10k.
  • surge352surge352 Posts: 7
    Any ideas on the fact that the convertible is coming out in May that it will affect the MF on the 2 door coupe?
  • bknycbknyc Posts: 57
    Been out of the market for a bit and in the process of leasing my dad a new E. Not sure where prices are currently. Looking at Black/MBtex, 4 Matic with sports pkg/P1 and 36-48 months/10k miles with just inceptions down. Trading in an 09' E350 so am eligible for the $2k loyalty. Any thoughts on price?
    Thanks
  • icb2779icb2779 Posts: 25
    What state are you buying in?
    New Jersey
  • icb2779icb2779 Posts: 25
    I just got a great deal on the E350 4-matic last month. I hear the new program is coming out on Tuesday. I will find out the information from my salesman and let you know. Stay posted.
  • arcnyc3amarcnyc3am Posts: 7
    Bknyc

Can you share with us the deal that you got from your dealer. I live in NY.

I was offered the following in April

E350 4matic sport
    P2
    Wheel Package
    Metallic Gray
    $765/month (including tax)
    39 months/10K miles
    $3,500 Downpayment (Fees + 1st pmt + cap cost)
    No fleet discount and no msd's
    MSRP: 59,745
    Selling Price: 55,520

I just want to get a feel if there is more wiggle room and hopefully the rates do not change significantly in May
    Don't have a deal yet- Just starting looking again- Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi luxauto. Mercedes just introduced its new May lease program today. Mercedes still isn't providing any lease support on the 2010 E350 Coupe. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial, you would have to use its standard lease program. MB Finance's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the 2010 E350 Coupe is 55%.

I believe that its standard lease money factor varies by region, but it is probably around .00280 give or take a few tenths in your area right now for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi surge352. Mercedes-Benz just introduced its May lease program today. It still is not providing any lease support on the E-Class Coupes.

Car_man
    Host
  • arcnyc3amarcnyc3am Posts: 7
    Car_man
    Can you please provide May's lease program for 2010 e350 4 matic sedan. I am looking to lease the car for 39 months and with 10 miles/year

Thank Arc
    I noticed... I guess I'll just wait till next month as I think they are way overpriced...

Thanks for the info..
    Hi arcnyc3am. Mercedes-Benz Financial's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 E350 4Matic Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00220 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem surge352.

Car_man
    Host
  • alanek1alanek1 Posts: 4
    Can you give me the lease numbers on a 2010 E350 4matic P1 with a selling price of $51,572 and a MSRP of $55,925, 39 mos 12,000 miles. No down payment. In NJ

Does that sound like a good price? Just started looking.
    Can you please explain this a bit more?
  • aceusmleaceusmle Posts: 12
    Hello everyone:

Can you please help me with some information?

2010 E350 Sport Sedan
    Expected Lease Date: May, 2010
    • Base MSRP: 48,600
    • Additional Costs (Metallic Paint – Leather Seats – Premium 2 Package – Parktronic with Parking Guidance): 9,610
    • Transportation Charge: 875
    Total MSRP (as built on mbusa.com): 59,085
    Invoice (as per edmunds.com): 55,012

• What’s considered a good Negotiated Price?
    • Is the Acquisition Fee for CA fixed at 1,095?
    • If I finance my lease with Mercedes-Benz Financial is an Acquisition Fee of 795 the lowest possible?
    • What is the Residual Value?
    • What is the Money Factor?
    • Using Multiple Security Deposits what is the lowest Money Factor possible?
    • Would a 39-month lease term be a better deal?
    • Which provide a better discount; AAA or Costco?

Thank you everyone ... this is such a great resource!
This discussion has been closed.