Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi,
    Lots of folks have mentioned the conquest rebate of $4K for owners of BMW, Audi etc. What does the dealership check for? Does the vehicle registration be on the same name and address as the new buyer? Or is it ok that a family member (wife or brother) has a BMW ? Thanks for all the help. This is a great forum.
  • Shawn,

sounds like a great deal. Can you confirm the residual and MF and who was it at hoi that did the deal so I can go in and try to get the same.
    By the look of your car it appears like you got P2 and a bunch of extras?

I'm thinking if I got just p1 and a few less things i could probably get off a little cheaper. The deal was done in August with the new #'s right?

thank you
  • Hello Car_man,

Would you be able to tell me if any of the following discounts can be combined together?

Conquest Cash($4k), Owner Loyaly($1.5k), USAA($4k)

Thanks...Alex
  • shawn757shawn757 Posts: 125
    My residual was 75% for 15 K miles and money factor was 0.00230 with autopay. This was back in July. Aug programs changed so I don't know the values. seems from the add it has become better than last month. I don't know. Board rules say not to mention names. I wil PM you the name
    Can you email me at shawnmc1980@hotmail.com

I will email you the name of the sales person
  • fatcat71fatcat71 Posts: 75
    Just dropped a deposit on my new Car.
    2011 E350 4Matic, sport. Prem 1, rear spoiler, 18"AMG, Fold Down back seat.
    47.500 Sale price (USAA eligible)
    900 down (first and tags)
    609 a month.
    33 months 15K per
    MB White Plains, ask for Jen.
  • Does that include tax?
    What was the msrp and residual?

thank you
  • Hey carman,

can you give me the following

e350 24 and 36 month rates and money factors?

I would also like the rate on bluetec.

thank you
  • Hello to all in the Forum,

I just wanted to post some money factor info. I have been speaking w/ So. Cal. MB dealer about 24 mo. lease on E350 bluetec. Based on a quote I received, the buy rate for August is 0.00210, and drops to 0.00200 with auto-pay. However, they would not discount more than $6500 from MSRP. They even tried to mark up the MB bank fee by $200.

Good luck to all...Alex
    Who is the dealer you were speaking to if you don't mind me asking? Sounds to me like they are FJ.
  • Actually the dealer was Silverstar MB of Thousand Oaks. Serves me right for not going straight to South Bay MB of Torrance like you suggested. TO had the car in stock that day. Funny thing is that the salesperson at TO was going to go to bat for me to have the finance dept. "wave" the $200 mark-up on the bank fee. What a joke!
  • You had mentioned that you also would recommend MB Encino. I have bought 2 vehicles in the past from staff who are currently working at that store. The deals were good for what was available at the time of those transactions. They are not currently stepping-up to the $10k discount you mentioned from HOI. Do you have any thoughts in regards to this?
  • fatcat71fatcat71 Posts: 75
    MSRP 58,235
    sale price after negotiation and USAA 47,400 + Tax
    Residual 63% MF 0.00230 (I think)

I pick up the car on the 29th!! Added in the Wheel/Rim coverage (1100), Tint (50%)(350) and rubber mats (125), and maintanence into lease(don't know how mych they charged fro maintanence but it came to 10 a month), Makes payment 650.02/mo for 33 months.
    Not everyone at Encino is willing to give that discount. I dealt with 2 people before getting the concrete deal from the 3rd sales person within the last 3 months. If you want the name of the 3rd sales person email me I will give it to you. Mind you Encino will mark up the Bank fee to $1095. Even the 3rd sales person could not give me $795 buy rate bank fee. The best he could do was $2000 total drive off compared to my $1828 from HOI. Unfortunately for the 3rd sales person when I called to say I was coming to pick up the car he told me the car was sold the day before. Immediately I contacted HOI and they got me the same color car with similar features
  • Will do, thanks...Alex
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey gperry. As a current Mercedes-Benz owner you may be eligible for a $1,500 loyalty cash incentive on this car. Mercedes is also providing dealers with a small number of Customer Advocacy dealer cash certificates that they can use to provide an additional $1,900 discount on this car if you can convince them to use one on your deal.

If I was in the market for this car right now in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus whatever cash incentives I was eligible for.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Alex. While I am not 100% certain, I suspect that the offers that you mentioned in your post cannot be combined.

Car_man
    Host
  • Looks like a great price. Where in VA? I'm in Richmond.
    Also, any other options other than P1?

Price looks like right at or below invoice, how'd you manage that?
    Thanks!
    I'd be happy to help you out, pitbull666. Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing any lease support on the 2011 E350 Sedan. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now you would have to use its standard lease program. Its current buy rate standard lease money factor is around .00240 for Tier 1 customers, though this may vary somewhat by region. The same thing goes for the Bluetec.

The residual values for these cars are as follows: '11 E350 Sedan 69% for 24 months and 54% for 36 months. The numbers for the 350 Bluetec are 75% / 59%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello Car_Man,

What about this Customer Advocacy dealer cash? Can this be combined with any of those other incentives?

Thanks...Alex
  • Hello,

Is the residual calculated on the MSRP of the car or the final sale price?

It looks like the 24 months @ 75% residual on bluetec is the way to go.

thx
  • Sorry to chime in with a random topic guys, but I NEED MAJOR HELP. I am currently in a lease contract for a 2009 E350 and am getting KILLED on the payments because I had the negative equity from my SL500 rolled into the payments. Yes, VERY stupid I know.
    I keep getting called by my local MB dealer to come in and trade my car for a newer one, so wanted to get some feedback on what payments I should be expecting with my situation so I dont get screwed again, including any and all incentives MB is currently offering for a returning customer. Looking to trade it in for a new E-class... I reeeally would appreciate your help, thanks in advance.

Here are the details of my current deal:
    Bought my car: 8/2009
    Current Monthly Payment: $915
    Present Payoff Quote as of 8/2011: $39,821
    Days Remaining on Contract: 801 days

I have checked out all of your payment quotes, so Im wondering how much different mine will be...

Thank you !!!
  • I just finalized a 33 month lease on a 2011 E350 Sport (Steel Grey with Ash/Black Interior) with Premium Package 1 and Split/Folding Rear Seat at Patterson Mercedes in Wichita Falls, Texas.

MSRP = $55,435
    Sale Price = $48,266 (Invoice plus $150 with Conquest Discount of $4,000)
    Residual = 63%
    Money Factor = 0.0025
    Trade In = $4,000
    Acquisition Fee = $795
    Payment = $467.60 (Depreciation and Finance Fees Only)

All other fees, including 36 month maintenance for $769, are being paid up front. The maintenance fee was residualized at the 63% rate to increase the residual value decreasing the depreciation fee by almost $15 a month. Total out of pocket including first month payment is $2,949.13.

Total cost over the lease period dropped about $5,000 by reducing from a 36 month lease to a 33 month lease.

Watch the lease calculations closely. The program that the dealer was using would pull any fees and the first payment from the down payment or trade in by default. I had to provide calculated values for the up front payment in order to get the lease to calculate properly. This default is in their best interest as you pay additional financing fees on that money. I suggest reading www.leaseguide.com very closely before dealing.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,134
    So... your upfront money was the $4K trade value + $2950?

Then, tax on the $467.60?

Just asking.... might have to put this one on the list.. ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• b2yb2y Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I got a 33 mo lease for e350 sport, silver metallic, P1 package, 20k miles allowance per yr.
    $2000 out the door including 1st mo payment
    $620 plus tax monthly.
    What do you guys think of the deal?
  • Have an offer to waive last 4 payments on my c300 plus got $1,500 loyalty letter in the mail. Wanting to upgrade to 2011 P1 E350 sport. I'm in Las Vegas. Tier 1 credit.

Looking for a baseline for reasonableness for when I go in. Can anyone help?
    That's an excellent question, alexanderv. I am not sure if they are compatible, but I suspect that they are not.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello pitbull666. Vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and any options that can be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 952
    Just leased a new 350 Blutec with P2 ($59200 MSRP) for 24 months (12K/year). $900 paid up front (first payment plus registration and some incidental state required fees). My monthly payment are $495 plus tax. I rolled the origination fee into the lease.

I used the maximum (10) multiple security deposits to bring down the money factor...effectively, a loan to Mercedes for two years...and then I get that money back. I was eligible for the conquest $4000...but the real key to this deal was the incredibly high 77% residual on a 12k miles/yr 24 month lease.

Dealer charged $1095 lease origination fee...so I guess they marked it up, but I think this might have been the last 2011 bluetec in the state and conquest money ends 8/31 so I just bit the bullet and paid it.
  • fq1fq1 Posts: 47
    Thanks for the info. How much reduction do you get in MF for each security deposit? Also, which state are you in, that is one heck of a deal. Congratulations on agreat car!
This discussion has been closed.