Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Could you put me in touch with a dealer in the LA area that would be able to match these numbers?
  • hecarahecara Posts: 18
    Hi All,
    My title says it all...I am clueless on how the leasing process works. I live in Texas and would like to lease an E350 coupe with the P1 package, 12 or 15K miles per year. I have NO idea where to start. The residual, money factor, maintenance plan, etc all look like greek to me. Would anyone mind breaking the process down for me? What should I expect to pay in regard to a note? Which time frame is better 36 or 48 months? I went to the dealership and of course they quoted me a $1000/month note. I'm clueless, but not THAT clueless!

Please help!
    TIA
  • A $1000 per month is crazy. 39 months is what you want to get. Check previous post. People are getting payments in the high $600 a month Low $700 per month
  • awd250awd250 Posts: 42
    edited February 2010
    i'm getting a different amount before taxes

capitalized costs 44,576.00
    msrp 49,475.00
    residual 58%
    money factor 0.0028
    term 39 39

f=b*c) residual 28,695.50
    g=(a-f)/e) depreciation / month 407.19
    h=d*(a+f)) financing cost / month 205.1602
    i=g+h) Total Monthly Payment 612.35
  • What kind of car? is it a eclass 4-matic? Is it a coupe or sedan? thats a good payment. but the money factor isnt right.
  • letsgo1letsgo1 Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    Hi Carman and/or others-

I am considering leasing an 2010 ES350 2010 AWD Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (in Northeast) with the following options:
    Parktronic
    Premium Package 2
    Wood wheel

MSRP: $59,855
    Invoice (from Edmunds): $55,727
    Negotiated (sort of) Price: $55,227
    Residual is $33,500 (56%)
    Term is 39 Months
    MF is .00259
    15K Miles/yr

Dealer is asking for 4K down and quoting a monthly price of $805/month which amount includes tax (9% sales tax). For 3K down the monthly price quoted is $835/month.

Don't believe I'm eligible for owner loyalty (this would be my 1st MB) or fleet discount, but please advise on whether this is completely out of bounds. Seems like other posts have better numbers, but any help would be greatly appreciated as I will be moving fast on some vehicle...
  • outieoutie Posts: 40
    Am I correct to assume that the negotiated price is somewhere between $1k to $1.5k UNDER invoice these days?
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,204
    That seems like a reasonable lease for the E class. Having said that these are poor times for leases and that one is bad like all the rest. The A4 has decent leases if you don't load them up. An A4 quattro premium with an msrp of 36k will lease for half that. A nice bmw 528xi might be cheaper. If you want MB then you have to pay the price. If you can afford it --why not? If you have to cut back on the groceries you may want to reconsider.
  • hecarahecara Posts: 18
    Thanks dannye350. I have a start now with the 39 months info. I see the payments people are getting in previous posts. I just don't know how they are coming up with the payment. What is it based on? I wish I just had someone to go in there and negotiate for me...LOL. Its so intimidating.
  • I paid $650 under invoice ($52000 less $1000 fleet discount)
    for E350 AWD, P1, non metallic, wood steering wheel... could have done better in NYC but i was happy..
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Greetings hecara. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, to me the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to comparison shop for the lowest possible selling price for the car that you want and then have the dealer use its buy rate lease money factor to calculate your payment.

Check out the articles and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    edited March 2010
    Hi letsgo1. Are you talking about a Lexus ES 350 or a Mercedes-Benz E350? I assume that you meant the latter. $500 under dealer invoice is an excellent selling price for a 2010 E350. The money factor that you were quoted is right on the money as well.

If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal. The only thing that I would change is to reduce the amount of money that you are paying at lease signing. I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible on leases. Consumers who make large down payments when leasing risk losing part or all of that money if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
  • Does anyone know what the incentives are for March or if they have not changed at all? Getting ready to lease a new Eclass but want to make sure I've got all of my info before I start hammering them for my deal! Thank you!!
    Hi buddyluv1. Mercedes is scheduled to introduce its new March programs later on this afternoon. Post a quick reminder for me in a day or two with the exact information that you're looking for and I'll let you know what I have been able to find out about the new incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • halblatthalblatt Posts: 1
    Any word on any new E350 Coupe incentives or lease rates coming out this afternoon?
    Any cash incentives coming? Any change in the lease MF or RV?
    Also, I remember a few years back on a 51 month lease MB was allowing an extension of 3 months to 51 with the same residual as the 48 months lease, is that option still available?
    One last question, I've seen the ambassador program mentioned in a couple of forums, any details on what that program offers or how to get the benefits? Thanks.
  • Car_man
    Hi- I'm just coming off of a C class lease and wanted to move up to the E350- at a reasonable lease.
    Looking for
    39 month
    12k miles
    What do the March numbers look like and what incentives are available. how much are they giving for dealer loyalty.
    Finally, I've seen Mercedes dealer sites mention fleet rates for employees of certain companies- including the company I work for. Any idea what the discount is this and what is the requirement (simply employment?)
    Thanks,
    Frank
  • golfhardgolfhard Posts: 16
    Regarding fleet discounts, i just used one for a new E350 sedan purchase. it was $1000 off. different MB models have different discounts. If your employer has a "company store' site, you can download the form and then call MB for an authorization code. you will also need some form of proof that you work for Co. like a recent pay stub...
  • dannye350dannye350 Posts: 28
    I talked to a salesman yesterday about a Mercedes E350. According to him nothing has changed for March in regards to MF or Residual. No incentives. It looks like we might have to wait until May or June when 2011 start appearing.

Im also in the market for a new E-Class, but dont like that MF. People who are getting these car at invoice are still paying a high price per month, just because of that MF. When they lower that money factor people should be able to lease a E-Class for low to Mid 6's.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,204
    Being the new model, the E doesn't seem like it has much lease support. I think there is enough corporate leasing coupled with decent sales to keep MB from sweetening the lease rates. They are sitting pretty with the new E. That will likely change but I would still be wary of the first year of any new car remake including MB.
  • The best MF anybody has offered is .00259, which is essentially a 7 percent rate on 10k miles with 59 percent resid. Too high for people with excellent credit. Going to wait.
This discussion has been closed.