Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Mr car man, I'm in dc and currently have 14 months remaining on a lease for an e350, p1 package, sports wheels , etc. the dealership has offered me the option of terminating my lease early for a 2012 e350, 4matic, p1 package and other options for 60,305 including destination and delivery for the same lease price of 786.97/mth(includes 10% dc taxes) no money down, and a 3 year maintenance package. Is this a good deal? What are the current money factors for an e350 and the residual value? Thx
  • chea89chea89 Posts: 43
    I would wait. We just turned in our 09 E350 4matic with p1 with 7 payments remaining. Picked up a 2012 with p1, palladium silver, parktronic, maintenance with 12k/yr. for 30 months for $640 including 8.875% tax. Upfront was bank fee and first payment. Mercedes financial offered to pick up last 8 payments.
    Yes the car is better than the 09, quicker, roomier-many improvements.
    And we just went in with the deal from Costco--no negotiating.
  • sk2170sk2170 Posts: 3
    Looks like the best deal you got it!. Can you please tell me the MSRP & Cap cost and Residual %/amount.
  • Hi mssdivaesq. Fourteen months is a lot of remaining payments. Last month Mercedes was waiving up to eight months on certain models for free, but even then you'd still have to eat four payments on your car to get something new this early. I personally would wait, unless you are able to cut your payment significantly from what you are paying right now.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00157 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Cap cost is $51677, gross cap cost is $54099 which includes sales/use taxes of $1652. and Star maintenance of $769. Residual is $38950 MSRP is $59155 from window sticker which does not include maintenance.
    Again--12k, 30 months--monthly payment is $640.
    Good luck
  • jslindjslind Posts: 1
    Chea,
    I am in So Cal as well and I am using your deal as a benchmark. How much was your "Costco" discount? I was offered a "Costco Discount" of $6,365 on an MSRP of $59,405. Seems like yours was more. In addition when I asked for the Loyalty discount I was told it was not available with the Costco deal. Looks like your residual was 66%. What was your MF? So far, on a 30 month/15K deal my MF is .00158 and res 61%, I am still about $100 a month off your deal...great job! Any help would be appreciated.
    JL
    I'm not sure of the MF. I leased the car in Dec. with 12k/yr for 30 months. I think the 15k /yr would have added about $40/month with tax. I think I received $2k loyalty. Honestly, I leased the car with NO negotiation. The first price I got was $604 for 10k/yr--I added maintenance for $12/month, and upped the mileage to 12k/yr for $24/month=$640/month--with bank fee and first payment and plates at signing.
    Good luck
    Chea
  • corantrepcorantrep Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    Hello to all,

Can anyone please tell me if this is a good deal or confirm MF and Residual for January 2012?

58,495 MSRP
    50,355 Sale Price
    8.625% Sales Tax
    33 Mos
    12 K
    .00148 MF
    63% Residual

$619/mo ($619/mo + plates due at signing-no other money down i.e.taxes, acquisition rolled into payment)

Thank you.
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 968
    You might want to add mercedes basic maintenance to the lease.....if the dealer will include it as an option on the car vs something you have to pay in full over the life of the lease. Many of us have had it added this way and as a result, we only pay a small percent of the price for our maintenance during the lease. (on a feature, you only pay the difference between the 100% and the residual value...eg. if residual is 65%, you will only pay 35% of the maintenance fee plus some interest).

Give it a try....
  • mb2012mb2012 Posts: 1
    I think it is a good deal. Is it a 4 matic one with any option? You got good price in sale price and Residual value. Which dealer is it from the sales tax it is seems like from Nassau or Suffolk.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,918
    A reporter is working on a story about car technology and is looking for recent or current car shoppers for whom technology was a critical factor. Were you looking to pack your car with as much new technology as possible? Are there special technologies and systems that you care about more than others? And are you at all concerned about the role technology plays with distracted driving? Please send an email with contact information and a brief description of your experience by no later than Sunday, February 5, 2012.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• wp1978wp1978 Posts: 1
    I am in No. Calif. and looking for information on lease for a 2012 E350 Convertible (P2 pkg). I have been told that a residual of 57% and money factor of .00167 are market for a 36 mo/10K lease and want to confirm. Thanks for any help.
  • Dealer quoted $12/mo ($396 total over 33mos) for 30k Maintenance (3 - 10k service appointments).

Seems reasonable as it supposedly lists for $750-800 from what I was told. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • got_itgot_it Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Signed a lease today for E350 / P1 / Sport/ Rear spoiler

MSRP - $55265
    Sale Price - $47988
    10 K / 33 months

- Scheduled Maintenance for 33 months covered
    - First class lease protection

$1200 drive off -including first month and DMV / fees
    Base payment - $577.15
    With CA tax - $624.76

Let me know how I did. Didn't own any previous benz or other luxury car. Went through costco auto program
  • it seems like there is not much discussion about E550 although 350 being very active. I'm thinking to lease E550 with P2 and options as below. Need your input on lease deal I'm being offered and I'd be much appreciated if someone could tell me what the current MF/residual value is

desgino graphite color
    P2
    high performance tires special order
    illuminated door sills
    appearance pkg
    mbrace
    distronic, lane keeping, blind spot

Lease term:

36months / 12k miles
    MSRP: 72000
    mf: .00225
    residual value: 54%
  • Corantrep, is this an east coast dealer? NY Tristate area?
    That looks like Mercedes standard money factor. You should use multiple security deposits to reduce the mf to .00155 which will save you a fair amount...if you are in a state that allows them (most do...NY doesn't).
  • thanks for your input but I wouldn't pay any $ up front unless I have to. Even T&L I'm trying to residualized to save $.
    You apparently don't understand multiple security deposits and how they work. They are SECURITY DEPOSITS, not money down on the car. Unlike money down, you get security deposits back at the end of the lease....they are effectively a short term loan to mercedes finance. For that loan, mercedes finance will reduce the money factor on your lease by .00007 for each security deposit (monthly payment) you loan them. Maximum of 10 gives you a .0007 reduction in your money factor and that gives you a significant reduction in your monthly payment....and YOU GET THE DEPOSIT BACK AT THE END OF THE LEASE.

making MSDs will save you money.

Don't believe me.....ask your dealer to run two cases....1) the deal you were given and 2) the same deal with 10 multiple security deposits. Add up the total cost of each lease...total money out, total money back at the end of the lease.

BTW...you will find that if you loan mercedes $5000, you will save more than $500 a year on your car....or, of course, you could leave that money in a bank and make less than $100 a year. Which one works better for you???
  • Hi CarMan - Would you give me the mf and residual on a 2012 E350 coupe 3 yrs 15k/yr? Thank you!
  • Are there any rebates for customers switching from BMW?

Are there any rebates on E350 right now?

My lease is ending at the end of Februrary. Historically, are MB february or march lease deals better?
  • Hi joescar1. Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 E350 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00162 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Yes, eric312, Mercedes is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on E350 4Matic and $3,000 on E350 non-4Matic models to current owners and lessees of BMWs. This is a certificate program though and dealers may have a limited number of them to use.

It's difficult to say what Mercedes' March lease program will be like at this point.

Car_man
    Host
  • eric312eric312 Posts: 71
    edited February 2012
    Thank you car man!

Are there any rebates on e350 in addition to BMW customers rebates?

On mbusa.com specials are for 33 months. Is it possible/better in order to get lower monthly payments to do 36 or 39 months lease?
  • You're welcome eric312. The way Mercedes-Benz has its lease program currently structured I suspect that the 33-month term will result in the lowest monthly payment.

Other than owner loyalty cash, which probably cannot be combined with the conquest cash, I am not aware of any cash incentives that are available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    edited February 2012
    If you haven't considered the bluetec, you might want to drive one..it's quite a car...and it has a very high residual value so it may actually be the least expensive e350 to lease. Check the 24 month rates...on the diesel, they have had the highest residuals and therefor the lowest leasing costs.

Just for interest, ask your dealer to price out a 24 month lease on a bluetec using 10 multiple security deposts vs a gas e350 equipped with the same features on a 24 or 33 month lease. I think you'll be shocked at the difference in the lease costs....the bluetec may be much more interesting to you after that comparison.

Note: MSD's are not "money down"...they are a loan to mercedes to reduce the money factor and you get the money back. You can read about them in this forum...
  • Hi Car_man,

I sure wish I had found this site and the information from you and others earlier. Here is the deal I worked up today, I hope I did good. (I pick it up Thursday and actually finalize the rates then so if there is someone to get a better rate please let me know. I already have them checking into the security deposits option mentioned earlier).

2012 E350 Cabriolet
    Diamond White Metallic
    Almond Mocha leather
    Premium 2 Launch Pkg
    Rear spoiler
    Wood Trim Pkg
    Appearance Pkg
    mbrace
    Burl Walnut wood trim
    Black Soft Top
    Driver Assistance Pkg
    3 Yr Maintenance Pkg

Retail Price: $73,609.00 (MSRP $72,840.00 + $769 - 3 yr Maint)
    Negotiated Savings: $ 7,336.00
    Selling Price: $66,273.00
    Fees: $ 903.50
    Sales Tax: $ 4090.59
    Net Sales Price: $71,267.09

(Note: Current USAA Special Pricing released yesterday is: -$2,750.00 under invoice)

Lease Will be:
    36 Month / 10K Miles
    $1325.67 at signing
    $950.58 / month

*Note – I was going to put between $15K down which would be a payment of $526.02.
    I think I will keep my money and go with a higher payment.

I was told the Money Factor was: .00207
    The dealer mentioned you can get a ¼ of a percent off the rate if you go with automatic payment debits.

USAA seemed to save a lot. How does this look above?
    If you make multiple security deposits (max 10), you should be able to reduce that mf to .00137 and you get the money back at the end of the lease. It should make a significant difference in your payments and your total cost.
  • psoftpsoft Posts: 1
    Hello Got it! Can you share where you got this lease - i am on the prowl for same car. Thanks
    A.
  • How much is each security deposit?
This discussion has been closed.