Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• msnjmsnj Posts: 5
    That makes sense. Thanks again. They are charging 1400 bank fees etc I guess that is a norm correct? Hopefully I can get the car tomorrow :-)
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 950
    edited February 2012
    The bank fee from Mercedes is $795. Some dealers mark this up to $1095. This is negotiable down to $795. I guess the dealer "administrative fee" is in that $1400 number as well....also negotiable.

Both are just pure profit grabs by the dealer...
  • woozerwoozer Posts: 9
    edited February 2012
    Recently leased a 2012 E350 coupe, P-1, black on black, appearance package,
    Spoiler, 36 mo., 12k, drive off only, for $618/mo. Is this a good
    Deal.
    You are supposed to ask these type of questions BEFORE you sign the lease if you want help or have questions. There is nothing to gain by asking AFTER other than getting a pat on the back or a stick in your eye. I'll do neither....

I assume you felt it was a fair deal.....enjoy the car.
  • msnjmsnj Posts: 5
    thank you; really appreciate your advise.
  • Hello Car_man

Can you please tell me the best lease term available including the Lease Rate and Residual through MB Finance for a e350 sedan @ 12k miles/year. Also, if there are any current incentives.

Thank You,
    Bobby
    The best e350 lease is a 24 month lease on a 4 door bluetec with 10 multiple security deposits.
  • Can you also give me lease rates for a 73k E550 36month/12k miles?
  • raab4raab4 Posts: 3
    I am considering a lease even though I average 25k a year or more in miles. Am I better to negotiate a lease of 10k miles a year take the higher residual value and then pay the mileage at the end? Is it smarter to negotiate for a 25k lease for 2 years? I have always purchased never leased.....but seems like with the diesel I might be ok with a lease. Any help or thoughts appreciated.
  • christiandschristiands Posts: 34
    edited March 2012
    Can you please give RES/MF for 350 4Matic Sport 33mos/10k? Thanks!
  • ipipip316ipipip316 Posts: 12
    Hi Car Man / Anyone:
    Do you have the Mercedes Competitor Conquest Information? How much is the Competitor Conquest for E350 4 Matic?
    Any idea does dealers will go below invoice - Competitor Conquest?

Thanks in advance
  • ipipip316ipipip316 Posts: 12
    Hi Mike:
    what is the monthly payment? did u get 4Matic and Mercedes Care? Thanks
    edited March 2012
    It looks like a pretty good deal..... One thing you could innocently ask... ask them to calculate the deal if you make 10 security deposits....(multiple security deposits are part of Mercedes Finance normal lease plan...dealers just don't understand them or even know about the provision). note: MSD's are not available in all states..e.g. not in NY

For each security deposit (payment) you LOAN mercedes up front, they drop the mf by .00007. In your case, you have a special rate, so they shouldn't use that as the base....rather they should use .00225 as the base which would then reduce to .00155. Since you are getting .00169 without the deposits, it's not worth it. BUT...if they use .00169 as the base....your monthly payment would reduce by roughly $70...that's every month. Some dealers do it the wrong way....so it's worth innocently asking.

Why is it such a good deal?? you loan mercedes $7500 for 33 months...you save $70 a month or over the life of the lease, you save $2310....AND you get the 7500 back...it's a security deposit, not a down payment. You have effectively made $2310 on your $7500...and if you left that money in a bank instead, you might, if lucky, have earned $250.

Give it a try...nothing to lose.
  • puripuri Posts: 16
    Hi
    I bought a similar/ same car 59k, 33 mo, 15k miles, service included and am paying 641/mo but I was out of pocket 1200 excluding the first month. Though I closed the deal in Feb! So looks like u r paying approx 93/month extra over the 33 months which amounts to approx 3000!
    I would ask u dealer that if u had to pay 1200 what would be the payments?
    Let me know how it goes or if I can answer any specific ques!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hello Bobby. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00169 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mercedes is currently providing a $2,000 owner loyalty offer or a $3,000 conquest offer to current owners of competitive models on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi grandmama. Mercedes is not currently providing any support on the 2012 E550 Sedan. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now you would have to use its standard lease program. Its buy rate standard lease money factor for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier is currently around .00225, though this may vary somewhat by region.

MB Finance's current 36-month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for this car is 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi raab4. If you plan on driving a ton of miles, you almost definitely would be better off leasing with 15,000 miles per year and then purchasing additional miles on a per-mile basis at lease-signing rather than paying a massive penalty at lease-end.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings christiands. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 33-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan 4Matic Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00169 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ipipip316. I believe that the competitor conquest cash offer on this car is currently $3,000. I personally doubt that dealers will be willing to go under invoice before the deduction of this incentive, but you can always give it a shot and see what happens. I personally feel as though several hundred dollars over invoice minus the conquest cash is a more realistic target price.

Car_man
    Host
  • eric312eric312 Posts: 71
    What are the March rebates and/or conquest cash in New York city for

E350
    E350 BLUETEC
    E350 4matic

Also, does anyone know if there is any special maintenance required for E350 BLUETEC as opposed to regular E350? Are there any disadvantages to leasing E350 Bluetec as opposed to E350?

Thank you
    Hey eric312. Mercedes-Benz is providing a $3,000 conquest cash incentive on the 2012 E's in March.

Car_man
    Host
  • Would appreciate knowing the 36 month/12K miles MF & residual for the 2012 E350 wagon.
    Thanks
    edited March 2012
    Answered in the Diesel thread....but the only disadvantage is that there are some gas stations that don't carry diesel but given the number of trucks and pickups that use diesel, it's really not a problem. The other disadvantage is that the car will be worth so much at the end of the lease due to the high residual value that you won't want to buy it because it's too expensive ...

24 months is the optimal lease for the Bluetec....not 33 which the dealer will suggest. 33 is good for gas models. If you lease a diesel, use Multiple security deposits to bring down the interest rate. This doesn't work for the gas cars because they have a "promotional" rate...but the diesel doesn't so using MSD's brings down the cost per month significantly. If your dealer doesn't understand Multiple Security Deposits, ask them to call Mercedes finance and find out because it's a standard part of the mercedes lease. There are a few states where you can't do Multiple Security deposits like NY...but if you lease the car in NJ, you can use them and many do just that.

I love my late 2011 e350 bluetec with P2 package. Just a wonderful car and I leased for 24 mos with 10 MSD's. Prior to the e350, I drove three infiniti M's including the M37 which I hated (transmission issues). My e350 Bluetec is more comfortable, quieter and far far more fuel efficient.
  • eric312eric312 Posts: 71
    Thank you for replying.

I am in NYC and probably less than half gas stations have diesel. Once i get on the highway it should not be an issue.

I was told by a dealer and several leasing brokers that there is very limited availability of E350 bluetecs. Which does not make sense, why would MB have promotion on them if there is no oversupply but on the other hand maybe due to promotion most cars got sold/leased.

Will contact few more dealers tomorrow.
  • info123info123 Posts: 1
    Does this apply to cash purchases? Is the 3,000 paid from the dealer or Mercedes? I am trying to figure what to offer on a new e350 with a dealer cost of 52,557 that is listing at 57,685. Any help is much appreciated.
  • The conquest cash is paid directly to the dealer by MB. You just have to bring a current registration of a covered vehicle with you and they do the rest. From your end it's basically as if you had brought with you an extra $3k as far as negotiating goes, only that it doesn't actually come out of your pocket.

Everybody has their own style as far as bargaining goes, but I would probably start at $49.5k and let them huff and puff a bit up to $50k. Used to bargain over the last dollar, but nowadays I think 500 over invoice minus factory incentives is a fair deal. YMMV.
  • Can you please run the math by us for E350 Bluetec 24-month lease? Using 10k-12-15k residuals. And same money factor for each?
    edited March 2012
    Ask your dealer to do it....and have them do it with Maximum 10 multiple security deposits. I dont know this months numbers......I also don't know what negotiated price to use or what discounts you might be eligible for.
  • Hi:
    Got an offer from NJ dealer:
    White
    P1 Package + Panorama Roof + Rea Spoiler + Split Fold Seats + Cargo Storage Bin + 2Y Mercedes Care

MSRP: 59945
    Final Price: 53100 (dealer claim Invoice - $3000 conquest)
    33 month 0.00169 MF 63 residual
    Tax and fees Up Front
    $625.00 per month in NYC

Is it a good deal or should wait for June / July for better program?
    edited March 2012
    If the deal includes the maintenance in the 53100 then the deal seems OK.....and who knows what the offer will be in June/July. Invoice is MSRP - 7%.

I would not pay bank fee and dealer administration fees upfront....roll them into the lease. You don't mention what the $'s are for these. Mercedes charges $795 for establishing the lease which some dealers mark up to $1095....and the administrative fee seems to vary with $695 being the number most used. You should be able to negotiate to $795 and perhaps negotiate the dealer admin fee (profit) down as well.

Does the monthly charge include taxes??
This discussion has been closed.