Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Congratulations again on a terrific find!

Since you live in the Mid-Atlantic region, what do you think the 4MATIC option. Is it truly a necessity in the winter here or Bluetec will do just fine?

Thanks in advance!
  • Car Man:

Can you post the 2012 and 2013 lease program (residual and money factor) for the E350 4MATIC for 24 months, or 36 months with 10k, 12k driving?

I am thinking about going for a 2012 or 2013. Not sure how big a difference there is. It's really hard to find the colors and options I wanted with 2012.

Thanks!
  • 1985mb1985mb Posts: 54
    No, I do not view 4Matic as a necessity. I moved from a Quattro Audi A6 to a BMW RWD 330i to the RWD Bluetec. I will use dedicated winter tires in winter, a combination that is safer (in terms of measurable braking and turning) than AWD + All-seasons.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi bass_fisher. Mercedes-Benz Financial's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00131 and 70%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00131 and 51%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Mercedes isn't providing any lease support on the 2013 version of this car yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • edjjedjj Posts: 5
    The title says it all...almost. I'm looking for an E350 Coupe and would be happy picking up a 2012 if I found what I liked or waiting on a 2013 (which I am now seeing on the lots).

What are the residuals and money factors for the 2012 and 2013 if I were to go with 36 months and 15,000 miles? Are there currently any better "sweet spots" out there (e.g. better number for 33 months or 12,000 miles)?

Also, I'd be happy to hear anyone's speculation as to when we might see some incentives and price flexibility on the 2013s.

Thanks very much.
    Greetings edjj. Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing any lease support on the E350 Coupe. This means if you were to lease one through MB Finance, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. That number varies by credit tier and possibly by region, but .00200 is a good estimate.

As far as this car's residual values go, Mercedes-Benz Financial's August resid for a 36-month lease of a 2012 E350 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 58%. the residual for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model is interestingly exactly the same.

While I suppose that anything is possible, I personally wouldn't hold my breath for lease support on any E Coupes. Mercedes really has only been providing support on the E350 Sedan and E63 Sedan.

Car_man
    Host
  • nsurinsuri Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Hello Everyone!

I just signed a 2012 Mercedes E350 Coupe 4Matic w/ Premium Package 1 + rear spoiler (limited options left for 12's).

Here's the details:

Sticker price $58,475

-Down Payment including first month payment_total out of pocket - $3500
    -24 Month Lease
    -15k Miles a year

Price with tax monthly @ 599.00

No MB service/maintenance included.

Please advise me if I got a bad deal...I am a bit worried I over paid for such a car on the lease.
  • Thanks to all for posting in this forum. I couldn't have negotiated this deal otherwise or have had the knowledge base to do so.

Palladium Silver, P1 package, rear spoiler
    MSRP - $56385
    Sale Price - $47635 ($8750 off of MSRP)
    Term - 24 months
    Money Factor - 0.00127
    Upfront - $1095 lease acquisition fee + tax/registration, No Cap Reduction
    Monthly Payment - $490 including tax

Very few Palladium Silvers with MSRP of $56385 remaining in CA as of last weekend. None of the dealers I spoke were willing to go with a $795 lease acquisition fee.
  • nsurinsuri Posts: 2
    Looks like your deal is fantastic!

Is it a coupe? Sedan?

I had a terrible time Getting a good deal on a 2012 coupe..
  • You did well finding the 2012 E350 you like. It is hard to find the colors and options I wanted, and had to comprise on it.

The deal sounds good. The only things you might be missing:
    1. Auto pay will cut your money factor by 0.0001, which is still nice. The dealer showed me 0.00005 first, but I corrected him from what others posted.
    2. You can add the maintenance as part of the cap cost and residual would apply to it, it is like only pay 30% for the cost.
    3. I have seen the $795 LAF posted at the MBUSA, but was quoted $1095 on the paper. I don't understand why either.

Final summary: try the best you can, but do not over-analyze it. Make it a more enjoyable experience. Dealers need to make money too.
  • It's a sedan. At least in CA, very few lower MSRP's remaining other than whites and blacks.
  • Yep, I completely missed the auto pay and wasn't even aware of it until last night when I posted my message. I was in "final" negotiations with four dealers and none of which volunteered that info. The one interesting aspect that I found last month with the 0.00127 money factor was two dealerships quoted me $9200 ($56385 MSRP) to $10146 (High $59k MSRP) off of MSRP but neither dealer was willing to use the 0.00127 money factor on the lease. They did not call me back after I walked away so looks like they are making less off of a lease compared to a purchase at the same price.

Yes I am aware of the residualizing the maintenance package from the posts that I read but I am not a big scheduled maintenance guy other than oil changes (I have never done a scheduled maintenances on any of my cars). Is it required that I do scheduled maintenance as part of the lease? Like I said, this is my first lease. Thanks.
  • mersadkmersadk Posts: 6
    Just wanted to share details of the deal I singed for Bluetec over the weekend:
    MSRP $57,295 (black sport and premium 1 with folding seats)
    Sold 49,295
    LAF $895
    Residualized maintenance for additional $9 per month
    MF: buyrate .00210 less 10 MSDs (.00070) and autopay (.00010) = .00130
    Residual value 76% 12k mi/yr
    Monthly $385 with tax. (10 MSD's and LAF and first month due at signing).
    Couldn't be happier with the car and the deal that I got. Thanks for everybody that shared their lease deals as I couldn't have done it without knowing all these details.
  • fungracingfungracing Posts: 7
    edited August 2012
    This is a crazy deal!! Can you let me know which dealer and sales you got this deal from? I am currently looking for one right now. Also, what is the term?
    Wow, that's a heck of a deal, mersadk. Thanks for taking the time to share the details with us. That's a lot of car for less than $400 per month. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    This was the last '12 Bluetec in the state but you should be able to make this kind of deal with your local dealer with the information provided from recent deals on this board. The best deal is on 24 month Bluetec lease due to high residual 76% and then buying down interest rate with MSD's.
    Good luck.
  • Mersadk,

Was that $49,295 the dealer selling price before any adds (Maintenance and dealer/licensing fees)?

Does it include conquest or loyalty or any other incentives?

Thanks.
  • Here's the deal that I've been offered:
    2012 E350 4 matic
    P2 with keyless go
    18" wheel package
    Split folding rear seat
    Heated steering wheel
    7500 miles per year

MSRP is 62595
    24 months
    Residual is 45068.40
    Payment is 578+Ohio tax (7.75%)

My questions are:
    1. Is the money factor for this 0.00165?
    2. What is the residual % for a 24 month lease on this car.

I've tried to calculate this myself with various online calculators and I can't get his value. Thoughts?

Thanks,
    It is before any adds and includes conquest.
  • 123ml123ml Posts: 5
    Can you please tell what you mean by LAF and MSD's? that is a great deal. I drive a bluetec ML 350 and love it. Does it have 4matic?
  • drrishisingh1,
    Looks like a decent deal to me, assuming you're not putting any $ down. But a few questions:
    Are you putting any $ down as a cap cost reduction (exclude fees, up front sales tax, etc)
    Do you know what the purchase price of the vehicle is (i.e. the capitalized cost)?
    I assume your Lease Acquisition Fee is $795.

You'll probably need to add in ~$45/month if you roll the sales tax into your monthly payment.

If you know the things above, then we can figure out your money factor.
    But a typical money factor for MB has been 0.0013.
  • The sale price is 54975. I was asked to bring in only $250 since I have a current lease. The local dealers won't discuss reducing the money factor with multiple MSDs since they're referring to this a special lease program and not the traditional (not sure if that is BS or not).
    123ml,
    LAF = Lease acquisition fee
    MSD - multiple security deposits.. you are allowed to make 10 deposits, each equal to monthly payment in exchange for lower interest rate.
    The car I got doesn't have 4Matic.. we also have ML350 so didn't need another 4WD.
  • drrishisingh1,

I am assuming they have rolled in the $795 lease acquisition fee into your monthly payments.

So, to answer your original question, the residual is 72% of the MSRP.
    And your money factor is 0.0013.
    I think you are being offered a fair deal.
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 960
    current (as of this am) lease rates for a 2012 e350 blutec (and my dealer still has a few) is

76% residual and .0020 mf for a 12K/yr 24 mo lease. With 10 msd's that brings the mf down to .0013 and if you get $8000 off using discounts/conquest cash/etc, that gives you a lease of about $440 per month plus tax on a P1 equipped car (no cash down...just MSD's).

Still looks like the best lease of any $60K car....
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,389
    A guy on the GL lease board just did a one-pay, 24 month lease for $10K or so... About a $70K MSRP rig...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• empowahempowah Posts: 11
    Hi caymanty,

If you don't mind me asking, which dealer in CA did you go to? I'm looking to lease an E350 gasoline as well, and that sounds like a great deal. I'm in the Southern California area.

Thanks.
  • Hi Everyone-

All the info here is very helpful. I cant find much discussion on pre-owned leases though.

Does anyone have any experience with doing them? I have access to Mercedes Benz Financial residual values and money factor rates for pre-owned but im wondering how if the structure of the lease is any different or if there is anything to be aware of?

I assume freight is not charged, are MDS's allowed?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Im looking at 2010 E63 or 2011 E 550......
  • Actually the 2011 was never titled so I believe it can be leased as new right?

If thats the case I am trying to figure out what residual value you would use? I have pre-owned 2011 numbers but not "new". The MSRP would still be what it is new?
This discussion has been closed.