Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• There is definitely inconsistency at MBFS as I called them independently (not in the presence of a dealer), and they told me that they simply purchase the lease contracts from the dealer. Hence, the dealer has the discretion as to the application of MSD and the subsequent reduction in MF. MBFS is not imposing any restrictions (i.e., stating that 0.0007 cannot be subtracted from the buy rate of 0.00192).

Thanks to all for making this an active forum, providing insights and guidance as its great to be an educated consumer. btw, I'm picking up my wife's bluetech tomorrow.

Cheers!
  • It is the first day of oct. Are there new numbers? Is 4k conquest the same?

I'm interested in bluetec 24 and 36 mos. 10 k miles.

Thanks everyone!
  • Guys. Just giving back a little info from my deal yesterday.

Apparently, the maintenance cannot be residualized on BLUTEC or on AMG.

Also, in keeping with posts of several others, my dealer would not combine msd with buy rate.

Happy car hunting all!

M
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy NYCPosts: 95
    Again its the dealer looking to score. You definitely can residual the maintenance on both the bluetech and AMG models. You also can use MSD while using the dealer buy rate. Don't forget autopay reduces the money factor by .00010 as well!
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 930
    I agree....maintenance can be residualized on blueTec's....it has to be the maintenance offered by Mercedes though. Some dealers (e.g. mine) try to sell you their own "prefered maintainence" so they can keep the total amount...and they will tell you most anything to avoid you getting a deal on your maintenance.

I believe .00192 is the rate and MSD's apply to that rate. If the autopay discount applies, then MSD's apply.
  • Well, they certainly may have snookered me. But she sounded convincing when she pulled out some book and read from it. Of course, the page in front of her could have said anything (I couldn't see). And she could have typed the page herself for that matter.

My solution, for what it's worth, was simply to pass on the maintenance package. It is the 24 month lease, and I drive very very few miles. Certainly didn't feel like the full retail add would be worth it for me. So...if they were trying to pocket the whole maintenance fee, they didn't.
  • jk16jk16 Posts: 3
    Better yet as I just experienced, wait til the last day of mth and have them throw in the 2 yr maintaince as a sweetener to the close deal! Also, I had my sales person go to forum and match prices and I never step into a dealership to buy and to boot they always deliver!
  • Picked up my wife's 2011 E350 Bluetech on 10/1, and the details of my deal are below.

Arctic white, P1, Split folding seats, Spoiler kit, parktronic, sport pkg, and tinted windows

Lease: 24/12
    MSRP: $57785
    Final sales price: $50740 (includes $4000 Conquest)
    Cap Cost: $51585 (includes marked up acquisition fee $1095)
    RV = 76%
    MF = 0.00112 (includes MSD & autopay)
    Downpayment: $250 (split cost of tint with dealer)
    Upfront: Down + DMV + 1st month = $1200
    Monthly payment = $460 (includes 7.75% tax)
    MSD = $4800
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,643
    Wow.. another great job!

What state is that?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi jk16. I don't believe that the 2012 E350 Sedan Blue Tec has been introduced yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi whichluxurycar. I haven't heard yet, but I suspect that the conquest cash is indeed still available.

As far as this car's lease program goes, Mercedes-Benz Financial's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2011 E350 Bluetec with 10,000 miles per year are .00192 and 77%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00192 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Leased in CA...SoCal
  • Carman:
    Thanks for all your help! Do you happen to have the October lease rate and residual for a 2011 E350 Bluetec for 7,500 miles/yr?
    Also, what is a realistic discount for a car with a MSRP of $59,000? I qualify for the $4,000 conquest cash. I'm hoping to get close to 10k off MSRP but I'd like to get your feedback.
    Thanks again!!!!!
  • gator5000egator5000e Posts: 84
    edited October 2011
    I am looking to lease a 2012 E350 Coupe. I see MB just posted a national lease program for the coupe with the following basic terms for a Premium 1 package: $619/month for 36 months with $4,213 due at signing. The cash due at signing includes $2,799 capitalized cost reduction, $795 acquisition fee and first month's lease payment of $619.

I have gone through the forum but find myself confused with the different ways to try to get the best deal from MB. I know this national deal is likely not the best. I have seen threads about multiple down payments, Conquest cash and other items.

I am coming out of a Cadillac CTS lease (2 months left).

If someone could either point me to thread where all of this is summed up in a post or two, or else set forth in a sort of summary fashion the info I need to know to get the best deal on the 2012 350 Coupe , I would appreciate it.

Thank you for any help or information.
    edited October 2011
    The best way to start negotiating a lease for that car would be to forget the advertised deal completely. Start from scratch....

1) Establish the cash selling price of the car....what is your discount off MSRP.
    2) Establish how long you want to lease the car
    3) Explain that you want to pay no capital cost reduction....you will pay the first month's payment plus registration fees and required taxes...nothing else when you pick up the car.
    4) Establish the "acquisition fee" which should be $795, but some dealers decide that they deserve more so they try to charge more. $795 is the Mercedes cost.
    5) Establish the money factor that they are using for your lease...that's .00192 or something like that...not 4.8%.
    Before they calculate anything, get them to write all of the above down on a piece of paper.
    6) Since you are leasing, you have to have your service done by Mercedes, so buy your service as part of the lease...buy Mercedes service, not some special service offered by your dealer...and make sure they include it like any other option on the car. You will save significantly doing it this way.
    7) At this point they have enough to give you your monthly charge.
    8) Now, if you can afford to loan Mercedes 10 monthly payments for the life of the lease, you can reduce your money factor/interest and make about 10%/year on that money by making what's called multiple security deposits. The key here is that you get the money back at the end of the lease vs a capital cost reduction which you don't get back.....and it lowers the interest you pay. It's a great deal. As them to recalculate the lease using 10 Multiple security deposits (which should reduce your money factor by .0007 which doesn't sound like much, but it may be $50 or more a month.
    9) Post all of the above here (including the MSRP of the car) and wait for someone to comment...just in case you missed something.

When you first walk in, you may hear: the published deal is a terrific deal...don't bother with all that other stuff. Don't do it....take the time to do it right. Finally, when it comes to MSD's, some/many dealers aren't aware of that option....(which in fairness is not allowed in every state (e.g. NY)), but if they don't know about MSD's, ask them to read their program information or call Mercedes.

Note: they may have a promotional interest rate that they are using in the "special offer"...if so, you probably won't be able to use MSD's if you want that rate.. which may or may not be less than the standard rate less the MSD discount. Obviously, you want the lower rate, whichever it is.

We'll try to help you save some money....
  • I am looking at MBFS Lease Polices and Guidelines for July and in the MSD section it states: "May not be used in conjunction with Special money factors, unless otherwise noted." I checked the special rates section and it does not otherwise note that they can be used. It also states: "Security deposits for the Multiple Security Deposit program are calculated by rounding the base payment (using original Standard money factor) up to the nearest $50 increment.
  • chuckjrchuckjr Posts: 61
    I had a great experience leasing my 2011 E350 from the internet sales dept of a local SoCal dealer.
    2011 E350 w Palladium, Premium P1, sport, parktronic and split folding seats - MSRP $56.4
    Paid $46.7

30 mos - 10K/yr
    Drive off $1031 including license and first months payment of $535
    Clearly Mercedes finance writes and what dealers do has little relationship.

Is .00192 a special rate or is that the rate for e's in Sept/Oct? I leased in August so we used .0024 as the rate and then took the MSD adjustment off that.

I gave 10 MSD's to reduce the rate and the dealer insisted that each Security Deposit was the monthly payment calculated after taking the MSD discount including local sales tax...unrounded. I even asked if they had to round it to the nearest $50 and if they were using the right calculation for security deposits....they said they were doing it correctly.

I think what you are saying is correct....I know that my dealer talked to someone at Mercedes Finance to make sure they were doing it right. before they did the paperwork. The blind leading the blind....
  • Thank you for the great post. BTW, where can I find out about the Conquest Program? I would like to know if I qualify for it and if so, for how much? Anywhere I can find that out?

Thanks again.
  • The .00240 MF was the Standard rate for a Tier 1 credit level.
This discussion has been closed.