Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Thanks for the reminder on Infiniti MSDs... don't know how I let that get by me.... I've got VPP D-plan on the Infiniti... saves about $20/mo. over what they were offering...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• What are you guys paying for the Maintenance Program residualized for the 24 month lease on 2011 E350 Bluetec?
  • Dealership's finance guy is saying I can't take MSD's off of special .00192 financing rate -- only the normal .00240 rate. Is this correct?
  • On the deal I was working... 2 yr maintenance on the diesel was $1129 MSRP and they charged about $1080.... Can not be residualized...

Their rate after 10 MSDs was .00155, so started with .00225....

Said they couldn't do MSDs off the .00192 rate..

• Oh no...here we go again...I feel like I'm being forced to watch Adventures of Jake Speed or a Silver Spoons marathon.

But all joking aside, this issue has materialized several times now(check out post #1813). There doesn't appear to be a definitive answer as individuals on this forum have had varying experiences. Some, such as myself, were able to use MSD on 0.00192 while others used MSD on MF's up to 0.00240. My personal assessment is that it appears to be at the discretion of the dealer, but again I don't know given the inconsistencies.

I'm a proponent of MSD's in this economy regardless of MF as you save ~2pts in interest charges. And at the end of the day, its up to you as to whether the deal is sensible.

Cheers!
  • I purchased an E-350 and paid cash for the extended warranty. I want to trade for a later model but have been told that I can't get a credit for the warranty. Has anybody experienced this? I feel like I am getting duped.
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 920
    I don't know what you were told...but when you buy maintenance on any car, it's on that car....in some cases, it might be transferable to a new owner, but it stays with the car.
    The really strange thing about the leasing inconsistencies (what mf base do you use with MSD's; what is the amount of each security deposit) is that Mercedes seems not to care what the dealer does. Surely some of the leases discussed here don't meet Mercedes guidelines and rules, yet no one has posted that their dealer has come back for more money nor has anyone had any communications from Mercedes about their lease.

I just can't imagine a finance company or finance division that is so carefree about their contracts....and who give dealers different information when they call in for help.
  • gh.... I might have a deal on the G37X... Will post in that discussion, soon.

• I have a theory on the "inconsistencies". As a precursor, the dealer is allowed to mark up the money factor from their "buy rate" and can profit from the difference. They are a for profit business and each dealer can decide if or how much they want to mark up the rate.

Based on the various things I have been told, I believe that you cannot use the MSDs to reduce from the promotional money factor of .00192. You must start from the "standard" money factor. However, there are different "standard" money factors. Tier 1 credit may have .00195 as the "standard" money factor and other credit tiers may have .00225 or .0024 as the "standard" money factor. So those people that are getting the MSD reductions from the .00192 may either 1) have a dealer that made a mistake or 2) have a dealer that is really starting from .00195 and may be eating the insignificant cost to bring it down from .00195 to .00192.

Just my opinion.
  • Dealer residualized my maintenance. Only $16 per month for 24 months. $400 bucks better than $1200 for the two services.
  • He is partially correct. You can not use a special rate in conjunction with MSDs. I actually had the dealer call MBFS and also saw a printout with a note confirming this. If a dealer does it, great, but that would be the exception. Now, having said that, once the dealer process your credit application MBFS will spit out a report with the tier they put you based on your credit history and the appropriate rate (money factor). I qualified on the A1 tier and my money factor was 0.00195 (slightly more than the promotional rate of 0.00192). The dealer called MBFS again and they confirmed that you can apply MSDs to your specific rate. Using 10 MSDs and automatic pay I was able to get my rate down to 0.00115. Long story short, I got my E350 Bluematic with P1, sports package and heated seats for $335 a month. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Good luck!
  • They let me include my 2 year maintenance on my lease and residualized it.

Correct. No 0.00192 but make sure they start the calculations using whatever money factor MBFS gives you based on your credit application. If they say no, politely ask them to call MBFS while you are there to double check. My sales guy was amazed by the amount of information I had. He even joked about giving me a job there.....lol
  • Car Man or Kyfdx, can you give the October 15k residuals for a 2012 E350W4 for 24 and 36 months, and are any variations such as 33 or 39 months available? As well as the actual buy rate money factor? And are the 12k and 10k residuals still 2 and 3% different?
  • That's a good point about the credit tiers.... The dealer with the diesel didn't run my credit, before quoting.... They were using the .00225 money factor..... So, they were either assuming 2nd tier, or marking up the rate.. Something I'll keep in mind for my next negotiation...

They didn't residualize the two year maintenance on my 24 month quote... I was just going by the brochure that said you couldn't... that makes a huge difference on a 24 month lease ($30-$35/month savings if residualized)..

It sounds like MBCC just about takes any contract they send in... and, doesn't worry about it... I once had a contract kicked back on a Honda lease... because they used .00239 as the MF, and the actual MF was .00236.. :surprise:

• rayoo1rayoo1 Posts: 1
    CAR MAN could you post the money factor and residual for E SEDAN 350 24 AND 36 months and 10k and 12k/year
  • I am moving from NYC to Colorado in early November and need a new car. The local Denver Mercedes dealer has a single 2011 E350 BlueTEC in stock at a MSRP of $58705. I have no problem putting down the multiple MSD. I have excellent credit and should qualify as A1 tier. I want to lease for 24 months at 10k miles per year. Sales tax in CO is 7.5% (I believe).

Here are my questions...
    Q1. I currently own a 1996 Volvo 850, does that qualify me for Conquest? I also am insured on my bosses personal 2006 Volvo V70 so I should be able to get an insurance card for that if necessary.
    Q2. What is a is a fair selling price after Conquest?
    Q3. I see that the dealer I am looking at usually tries to charge acquisition fees of $1095, can I get this down to $795?
    Q4. Can you give me a rough breakdown of what my lease payment should be?
    Q5. Once armed with the knowledge from everyone here should I contact the dealer and tell what I am willing to pay or do I have to "negotiate"?
    Q6. In your opinion, is it more effective to email or call?
    Q7. Is it possible to do all this from NY and have it done before the end of October (want the Conquest) without going to to Colorado until November 5th?

Thanks to everyone in advance for answering all my questions...
  • cfopvcfopv Posts: 6
    I am in a '09 Mercedes E350 lease that terminates in March of 2013. Yesterday, I checked the payoff of the lease and noticed it was less than the trade-in value as shown here on Edmunds. Would a dealer be interested in paying off the lease to obtain my vehicle as a used vehicle in order to sign me to a new lease?
    1) you just have to own a volvo
    2) somewhere between $7500 and $10K off MSRP
    3) depends on your negotiating skills as does "administration fee"
    4)
    5) Personally, I would get a quote from the dealer first...and then negotiate. Be clear that you want to put no money down on the car, but you want to take the maximum 10 MSDs...and that you want 24 mos of mercedes basic maintenance included in the lease
    6) phone with email backup to document what you said on the phone.
    7) should be no problem....overnight air works well.

Too many unknowns to give you a monthly cost.
  • Thank you for the insight. I've started the conversation via email and will hopefully be able to reach a good deal for both MB and especially for me.

One more question. The car has 2800 miles on it, that seems higher than normal. Can I make this work to my favor in some way. I was told it never went into service so it is technically a new car.
This discussion has been closed.