Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• socal59socal59 Posts: 54
    SM1982, where is your dealer located at? Can you mention who you worked with?
    Thanks.
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy NYCPosts: 95
    Hey SM1982 -
    It definitely looks like a great deal until you mentioned the part about being a former loaner. Just to help out future loaner buyers, Mercedes Benz Financial gave dealers an extra $6,000 on E-class loaner cars if they added them to their fleet 6 months ago. They just had to keep them as loaners for 6 months and many are coming out of the program now. I helped someone earlier in the month get one of these. So instead of the normal $6,850 to work with between MSRP and holdback they get the additional $6,000 on these cars. SO its possible to get $12,000 off on these cars and an extra $2,000 over 24 months equals another $84 off the monthly payment. Here are the details below… This car had an MSRP of $59,905. The final monthly payment was $356.48 per month including everything and only $356.48 total due at signing. This didn't include maintenance as I didn't think it was worth it on a 24 month lease. Really only 1 service is required at 10,000 miles which is basically an oil change for $90. By the time for the second service comes around you'll probably be out of the car with the Mercedes Benz pull ahead program. :)

CUSTOMER DISCLOSURE
    Customer Name: Inside Car Buying WD Deal ID: 234191
    Sale Vehicle: New 2013 MERCEDES BENZ E CLASS E350W4 4dr Sdn E350 Sport 4MATIC w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term 24
    Base Payment 356.48
    Total Payment 356.48
    Purchase Option 43,281.60
    MSRP 59,905.00
    Est. Miles Per Year 10,000
    Disposition Fee 595.00
    Excess Mileage Charge 0.25

Amount Due at Signing
    1st Month Payment 356.48
    Total Inception Fees 356.48
    Total Cash Required on Delivery 356.48

Tax Information
    Customer State: New York Customer County: WESTCHESTER
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Upfront Tax 629.74 7.3750 Capped

Fee Information
    Description Amount Paid
    Reg 127.50 Capped
    Insp 10.00 Capped
    Title 12.50 Capped
    DocFee 75.00 Capped
  • arod4arod4 Posts: 17
    Hi this blog is so invaluable to me.
    Thank you for all who post their deals.
    My goal was to get same deal insidecarman got but so far this is the best ive been able to score. Does anyone know of a dealer in florida
    Offering something better?

Here is what getting.

Msrp $57865

2013 e350
    Sport pkg
    P1
    24 month lease
    12k miles/yr

$525 total w taxes
    (Drive off amount is $525 +dmv)

Any feedback/advice is appreciated as i would like to pull trigger asap.
  • This is a good deal for Florida. I checked with Tampa and Orlando dealers and couldnt get this number for the same terms last month when I bought. Take that deal
  • Good deal. That was bascially the same deal I got except I got P1 and P2. From a dealer that is sharp. I got mine from a car lease broker.
  • I'm in south Florida
    Where could I get a good deal e350
    Looking for 24 month lease
  • can you forward the name and number of your car lease broker?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,621
    .. are prohibited in the forums...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• carman, do you know what the february buy rate money factor is and residual for a E350 Bluetech Sedan with 15K per year and 24 month term?

Are the winter incentives that were in january changed in february?
    thanks for the feedback everyone.
    robert: you got a better deal b/c you have p1 and p2 pkg.
    any way to guide us to your car broker without breaking forum rules?

now it's february..don't know the new incentives, numbers, etc or if the winter event finally went away.

if anyone knows, please post. thanks
    i think i may have waited too long. i just spoke to my broker and she says i cannot get an e350 2013 with p1 pkg, 24 months, 12k miles for less than $575/mo.

apparently the lease incentives like the winter event and residual values all changed for february.

if anyone is hearing differently please post. thanks
  • thairsthairs Posts: 12
    They ended on January 31st, which is the day I made my deal on my '13 e350 p1 24mon./12k for $560 a month. Hopefully another promotion runs soon...
  • To keep this brief I will not go into the legal considerations raised by several themes on this blog, but I caution all not to take anyone's word for there are many questionable statements of the law here, though no doubt well meaning.

To relate my experience, as a first time lessee and with no trade or existing car:

I began and concluded (as in driving off) my purchase in 5 calendar days, Saturday through Wednesday (the 31st). I was able to determine (reverse engineer) a great deal, from this blog and other assets online, including holdbacks and other allowances.

I was not able to find on such short notice any e350 fully loaded, which is what I wanted (because the options are residualizable, so yes, for me living in the country its reasonable to pay a few hundred dollars for night vision and xenon, which is all it would cost in a s/t lease.

I went first to Manhattan, where they had one e350 in stock, MSRP around $61,000. I told the salesman I would expect about 17%, or about $10,000, off that, and he said no way, and gave me a quote I realized was too high. Of particular significance was his insistence that a prepaid lease was for bad credit risks only, which is not the case in various scenarios including where the gap coverage makes clear there would be a refund and as well its clear that there would be a refund in the event of a future pull forward promotion.

To be clear: because MSD, which is not available in NY and I am relatively certain is not available to someone registering the car in NY other than temporarily in transit who buys out of state, lowers the MF from the base, not subvented rate, be aware that, ceteris paribus, a single pay is so cost efficient, representing an IRR of about 20% p.a. relative to a term lease without MSD, and is well cheaper than even an MSD.

But beware, the single pay may not be calculated properly.

In any event, I went next to Flushing, where I got an even worse price indication.

My third trip was to Rallye in Roslyn, where I got a "not terrible" but by no means acceptable quote close to $2,000 more than I wound up paying.

The salesman there, on the evening of the 30th, made the mistake of telling me his price was "final" but for a couple hundred dollars, which of course sent me elsewhere, in this case to Greenwich, where I explained the situation, said I would be looking for about 15% off*, and said that I would have to make a deal within 2 hours or if not I would go back to Rallye.

Long story short, the people at Rallye were a pleasure to deal with and I got a good, though not extraordinary, deal, by my choice.

*The reason is, while the winter event was ending that same day, as was $1500 of the $4000 ABA fleet discount, the fleet discount the next day would remain at $2500, so to the dealer failure to sell an e350 out of inventory on the spot risked having to sell it the next day minus $4000 of price support while to me it could be no worse than minus $1500 of price support, in other words the risks were asymmetrical, not even considering lower residuals.

However, nothing is ever certain, and rather than run an unfunded residual risk, I made a deal at about $9200 off MSRP, but was asked to use the ABA fleet discount and not the midwinter discount on the ground that the dealer had consumed its quota for the latter. I have no idea if that is true; it may not be and may be that the net hit to the dealer is less on the fleet certificate. While $9300 off MSRP would seem very good, I had to give up my use of another $1,000 certificate (AMEX MB Platinum) which would have been combinable with the midwinter discount but was not with the fleet discount.

As I said this was all conscious choice, to get in and out in one afternoon with a car at a very good if not necessarily spectacular price.

The numbers work out

MSRP $ 62,500
    Selling $ 53,200

P1
    Driver Assist
    Split Rear Seat
    30,000 mi prepaid maintenance

MF 0.00041 (reduced 80bps from subvented 0.00121, note MSD would have been 0.00081)

On a monthly payment basis, at 0.00041,
    this works out to, for 10,000 miles:

Downpay $2000
    Monthly $ 383

Although of course you can only do this by paying all of it upfront, though as I said that is
    virtually certain to make sense if you form your own legal opinion about gap refundability and
    similar pull forward refundability.

Incidentally, though I don't see it mentioned here, about the same $1,000 AMEX coupon is
    available after one year of membership in MCA. It appears about the same, anyway.
  • Hi phillyboy. Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 Bluetec Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00205 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is some $2,500 dealer cash certificates out there on the 2013 E Sedan right now, but I've heard that inventory is pretty lean.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    hi anyone know a reputable car broker in south florida?
  • I'm looking also for car broker in florida
  • Where could I get that deal
  • Car_man,

What are the current rates and residual for an E350 and E550 sedan, 36mo/10k mi? Looks like E Sedans are TMV'ing below invoice. I've got my heart set on a 535i M Sport but the E class looks like the better play, depending on residual.
  • Hello CarMan!

What are the Mercedes E350 AWD money factor and residual values for a 15,000 mile lease. I have read that Mercedes lease deals are based on 27 months now - is that true?

Thanks for the help!
  • I would like to buy the exact car from yoru guy. Can you send me his contact info? vito mirra gmail please
  • Where / How can you help me get one at this price? I am looking for another one...
  • Was just offered 27 months with a residual of .70 or 36 months with a residual of 0.59, both money factors are 0.00181.

The money factor seems high.
  • Just curious....on the $560 deal you made on the 31st ....how much was out pocket at signing....including tax, delivery, 1st month, etc.
  • I have been quoted different money factors- a MD dealer quoted me a .00230 MF on a 36 mth; 7,500 miles per year; with a selling price of $53,995 for a p1 package, leather ventilated seats. This MF price seems high given that per the forum post the february MF is .00121 with no autopay and .00111 with autopay. resdual is 60%

A VA dealership offered a MF of .00130 and with MSD of $5,000 it would reduce the MF to .00090 on a 36 mth lease with a MSRP of $59k( haven't negotiate a price reduction yet). residual value 60%

Also was quoted a 1 time upfront lease pay of $29,294.30. All of these quotes are way out of the ballpark from the deals that I have seen posted in this forum.

I'm in DC if anyone has info on dealerships in the area that are offering the deals or of lease brokers please forward the info to visionaryinvestmentsllc@yahho.com.

thanks in advance
  • cemigcemig Posts: 1
    Can anyone comment or provide advice

The deal I just got was the following:

Demo 2013 e-350 4 matic has some 6,000 miles
    Lease price is $598 per month-
    $1,998 out of pocket
    27 months
    MSRP is $65,900- said they took $12,500 off the sticker
    15000 miles per year

Also can I use my MBCar club of America discount?
    I would like to shave some money off the out of pocket but more importantly the monthly

Thanks
  • Hello CarMan,

I am interested in leasing a 2013 E63.
    Do you have the MF and Residual for a 24-27 month lease with 12K per year?

Thanks for all your help!

RM
  • Hi I just leased a e350 4matic today with p1 leather amg 18 wheels sun screen harmon stereo some bucket in the back screen msrp 61,000 for 555.00 plus florida tax comes out to be 595.Called out of state ny mn snow makes them want to deal no extra delivery charges
  • Hi kickazzz2000. Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 E350 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00141 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 E550 Sedan are .00205 and 61%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 certificates that are out there on '13 E Sedans.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello gfish49. Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27-month lease of a 2013 E350 Sedan AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 67% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Please see my previous post for information about this car's cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • The money factor that you were quoted is indeed high, kickazzz2000. MB Financial's current top tier buy rates for the '13 E350 are .00141 for the 2WD and .00130 for the AWD.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.