Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• gpp2gpp2 Posts: 6
    This is a great deal. Please post or send me dealer info. I don't see how to do a private message to you. I do not do Facebook.
  • no PM's on this site. email me... russheyman@gmail.com
  • rayzamrayzam Posts: 11
    edited March 2013
    Hi, I am looking to lease a 2013 E-350 4-dr with premium-1 package in Southern California, hoping to get a good deal with the 2014 facelift arriving in a few weeks. I have got quotes of around $45k (on MSRP around $56k and invoice around $52k), but my question is if I take the residual as a percentage into my calculations, will it be applied on the MSRP, invoice or the price I am negotiating? If former, then obviously the impact of reduced price will be significantly diminished... It would be sweet if I could get their residual as a $ value they use for their "standard" sales and use that with my reduced price but not sure if it's doable or even fair. Sorry if it's a noob question as this is my first lease. Thanks!

PS: I appreciate if anyone can give me the money factor of 27- and 30-mo lease on this car for top-tier credit with 10k and 12k annual miles.
  • Hi Rayzam,
    RV is always assessed on MSRP. RV is a fixed percentage set by the MBFS based on the lease term and model type. Its generally non-negotiable. So, a high RV is to your benefit.

The variables that you can attack to reduce your monthly payment are the final sales price (affects Cap Cost) and MF. You can likely reduce the MF via MSDs and/or autopay.

As an aside, I'm in San Diego, but I always go to MB of Long Beach first as they are the most transparent with the above and offer good deals.

Cheers!
  • rayzamrayzam Posts: 11
    Now it makes perfect sense. Thanks so much! Also thanks for the tip on the dealer in Long Beach - highly appreciated!
  • hbo1nyhbo1ny Posts: 18
    Carman:

Can you post the money factor and residuals for an E350 RWD sedan in South Florida at 24 and 27 months for 12K and 15K miles per year? Also, what are this month's incentives on this vehicle? Thanks.
  • russman29russman29 Posts: 8
    edited March 2013
    I found a terrific website that publishes all the MF's and RV's of most manufacturers, except Porsche of course. It's at www.ridewithg.com. It's excellent, accurate and invaluable! The rates listed are 3 year and 15k miles with the % reductions for 10k and 12k. There is a link which brings you back to Edmunds for various incentives being offered but I haven't found that too useful. There's a tab on top for lease rates and it brings you where you need to be.

For me, I'm trying to find out what MB will be doing come April for existing lessees. Currently, they will waive your last 3 lease payments to get you into a new car of theirs. In past months, it was as high as 5. For me with 5 payments left(4 now), I'd have to eat 2 payments and there's simply no point to that! Does someone know if that will change?

Also, I see some people getting $9k or more off MSRP. What's an acceptable discount to expect? I had a car at $68130 with a price of $63520 for me... about $5k but they were raising the MF from .0016 to .0019 in order to get that price. Is that BS? As the '14's hit the showrooms, the discounts on the '13's will only deepen.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're welcome greencardwpb. I suspect that the programs are compatible, but I do not know that for certain.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello hbo1ny. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 Sedan RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for a 27-month lease of this car would likely be the same because it is probably eligible for the "Value Added" program that MB usually runs.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Mercedes-Benz has $2,000 Customer One certificates out there that can be used on this car. Try to get the dealer to use one on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Sorry for the delayed posting. I am just returning from vacation and more or less disconnected for a week.

The dealership was Mercedes-Benz of North Palm Beach (Florida). My salesman was Ken (I'm not posting his last name per forum rules, but he's the only Ken there). Tell him the immigration lawyer sent you.
  • Thanks, Car_man. I did check with a number of different dealers, including a one far away from my area and they all said they were not combinable. Nonetheless, I think I got a great deal as I detailed above with the information shared by you and others in this forum.
  • jmatero2jmatero2 Posts: 4
    Based on what I've been reading, with the 2014's here in a couple weeks, does this seem like a good deal?

E350, Sport, Wheels, P1, Folding Seats, Rear Spoiler, Polar White, Comfort Box, KeylessGo, 2 years Maintenance, 27 months:

MSRP: $58,345
    Sale Price: $51,233.89
    Acq Fee: 1095

671.14/mo (incl tax)

Res: 69%
    MF: 0.00176
    Drive-off $1500

:confuse:
  • dl_amgdl_amg Posts: 39
    This is my deal back in 8/2012:

2013 E350 RWD-Gas Luxury Pkg - P1, Parktronic, Lane Tracking, Keyless-go, Walnut steering wheel, rear split seats, comfort box. - MSRP $59,695 including 2 years service plan.

Lease term - 24mo/24k.
    Cost - $1k at signing on credit card and $535/mo. including SoCal tax.

And this was back in 8/2012 so I'm sure with 2014 is coming, you should able to get it around or even lower. My deal is nothing close to the people who got it around beginning of the year but good enough during mid year.

Cheers
    You're welcome greencardwpb. I'm glad that you ended up getting a good deal. You deserved it, you researched thoroughly before pulling the trigger. Enjoy your new E.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jmatero2,
    A few comments for your consideration.
    - Acq Fee. MB's standard fee is $795, but many dealers, including yours, is marking it up to 1095
    - MF. You should check, but I believe the buy rate MF is 0.00160. Several unscrupulous dealers mark up the MF as an additional source of profit.
    - You should consider MSD's and autopay as additional mechanisms to reduce the MF

Coupling the above with your info, I think that you can do much better on the car particularly since the 2014's will be in the showrooms soon.

My two rupees.

Cheers!
  • clsethclseth Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

Thanks for your response. I've been quoted an MF of .0021 for a car priced around 57,500 (with P1 and Wood trim). The dealer hasn't budged from that high MF.

Also, I find it curious that the 2 yr/15k miles has higher residual value than a 2yr/7500 lease.

Are the numbers valid for April? Also is the Spring Event discount still available?

Thanks.
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Posts: 284
    What is April MF and Residual for 24 and 27 month lease? Thanks in advance.
    You're welcome clseth. Well, spring has sprung and it looks like the dealer is understandably trying to make as much money as possible on the convertibles that they have in inventory. They certainly appear to be marking up this car's money factor.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 64% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for this car would be 2% higher for a lease with 12,000 miles per year, 3% higher for a lease with 10,000 and 4% higher for 7,500.

Mercedes does indeed still have $2,000 spring event certificates out there on this car, but the trick is to get the dealer to use one on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ponytrekker. Mercedes-Benz financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 4Matic Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If this car qualifies for Mercedes' "Value Added" program then you would be able to use its 24-month program for a 27-month lease, in turn lowering the payment some.

Car_man
    Host
  • I finally pulled the trigger... '13 E350 Cab

Polar White w/Almond Mocha
    P02 package
    Wood trim
    Beige roof

Seems very sparsely appointed but this is the first P02 package I have seen in all my searches for a white/beige combo. The P2 has all the P1 stuff plus a bunch of niceties including ventilated seats, a great thing for hot days!

At any rate...

MSRP $66605
    57% RV
    MF .0019
    Sale Price $60,200
    Monthly $920.00
    Prepaid maintenance
    Out the door 1st month + various fees (not tax)

I know the MF is a bit higher than .0016 what it should be but the dealer was honest... That extra .0003 add about $30 month to the cost but it allowed them to discount the car $5500. If I wanted the .0016, the car would bump us in price just enough to make the extra $30. Bottom line, these guys need "x" amount of profit on a car... From the MF or the price... It's got to come from somewhere. They make a nice 'vig' on the bump in MF... everyone is entitled to make a living.

I'm very happy with my deal! I doubt there many white with beige roof CABs in the country with p02 packages left.
    .00130 and 56% are what I have for the 36. So no bene for 24 or 27 as I see it.
  • traderbtraderb Posts: 33
    Hi Car Man, I know this request is not the norm, but do you have lease rates for a 2013 E 350 Wagon, 4Matic. I'd like to compare 27 or 36 month rates, whichever they are most aggressive with. 12k miles/year. thx
  • jmatero2jmatero2 Posts: 4
    Can anyone provide the MF and Residual for a 2013 E350 RWD Sport Sedan?

Thanks so much!
  • car_man,

Are the 2014 MF and residuals available yet ?

I am looking to get a 2014 E350 Sport 4MATIC, 36 months, 10K miles
    >>rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 4Matic Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 56%

This cannot be right.

Numbers I have received show more like a 67% residual if I reverse engineer.
    Hi traderb. Mercedes-Bens is not providing any lease support on the E350 Wagon 4Matic right now. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial you would have to use its standard lease money factor. This figure varies by credit tier, but ti give you an example it would be .00205 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

The residual value for a 36-month, 12,000 mile per year lease of this model would be 61%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jmatero2. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 E350 RWD Sport Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes they are ankurchopra87. Mercedes-Benz Financial's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 E350 Sedan 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00137 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Good catch, ponytrekker. That was the 36-month numbers. Sorry for the confusion. The 24-month numbers are .00130 and 67%.

Car_man
    Host
  • vexedvexed Posts: 10
    MB is providing more support for the MY 2014s; the money factor is lower?
    How do they expect dealers to unload the remaining 2013s unless the cap cost is really low. Otherwise it makes no sense to lease a 2013.
This discussion has been closed.