Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• sunny1919sunny1919 Posts: 5
    I'm curious if this is a bad time of year to try to find a good price. I am seeing higher monthly rates and drive away charges on here lately than people were posting back in February. I currently drive a much loved '99 4matic E 320 which has faithfully done its job all these years, but it's looking its age.

I'd like a Luxury model E 350 4matic sedan, black with a black interior - we blondes look better in all black cars :), a moon roof, Premium I package and a Lane tracking package. I am not sure about the Driver assist package as I don't know much about it, yet. My local dealer was a bit less than helpful when I went by a few days ago. Getting info was like pulling teeth and asking to go for a test drive was like I was asking for something peculiar. He tried to sell me a low mileage '11 for $52,600 before I convinced him I wasn't interested in a three year old car that was five grand less than the price he finally came down to on a brand new '14.

He'd originally quoted $62,000 for the '14, but after my asking for a better price a few times, slowly dropped down to $57,000. He said it would cost $619 a month to lease it with $6,700 down (795 bank fee, 1st month, sales tax, etc.) Am I wrong that these seem high and I could do better?

Will there be any incentives coming along in the next month or two that anyone knows about? Thanks.
  • boone25boone25 Posts: 6
    Can someone let me know what the MF and R% is on a E350 4Matic, 36 months, 12K per year? Also what MB Financial's acquisition fee is and if there is a turn-in fee? Thanks!
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Posts: 120
    Hi boone25,
    The acquisition fee seems high as the standard is $795 although many dealers mark it up as an additional profit source. I personally don't mind paying it provided I can adjust the other lease levers to my favor (e.g., final purchase price, MSDs off the buy rate MF, etc.). In my opinion, I would never pay any moneys up front or make it as close to $0 as possible. Upfront moneys are dollars that I will never recoup in the event the car is stolen or damaged. I only care about the total dollars that I have to expend over the lease term.

Cheers!
  • ineedacar5ineedacar5 Posts: 16
    I've been trying to figure this out myself. This board was very informative before Christmas, and hasn't been nearly as active with people posting about the deals they received and where.

I am getting quoted mid 700's to low 800's on a 2013 e-class lease.
  • Here in Northern California 2013 e350s are routinely leasing for under $500 with $3K down for 27 months at 10K mi per year.

Dealer here just offered me at 4matic, p1, lane assist, split folding seats for $499 including taxes.

I found a p2 car with more stuff for the same rates but $5k down for $500 per month. I took that deal.

-David
    A lot of posters on this site, tell you to never put money down on a lease. Back in December, people were getting your deal with $0 down.
    I am curious also about how people lease without putting money down. Is it rolled into the monthly payments?
  • socal59socal59 Posts: 54
    Yep no money down is the rule. You can do multiple security deposits to lower your MF. That is a better way to go. You get the money back when you turn the car in. If its not all thrashed, of course. Just do a search on multiple security deposits. Some manufactures will let you do a max of 7 or so. BMW and Mercedes will let you do it.
    Perhaps I should call northern California. Your deal is a lot better than mine here in NY. What area? It's a huge state.

How would state taxes work though? Would I have to pay California tax and then NYs when I register it here?

Has anyone on here leased a car from out of state?
  • December was almost 6 months ago and seems far back to compare.

An e350 4matic, P2 pkg, lane assist, Parktronic, AMG sports pkg, split folding seats for $5k down and $500 per month might have been had in December with the Winter Sales event and maybe even a better deal.

Others might do better, but I'm extremely happy with this. Dealer also gave me private party sales price on my rather mint condition 2005 e-class.

Someone else asked where in NorCal. Check San Jose, San Francisco & Oakland (Same dealer in both downs), and Fremont. They are all dealing.
  • " ...e350 4matic, P2 pkg, lane assist, Parktronic, AMG sports pkg, split folding seats for $5k down and $500 per month..."

Forgot to mention the deal included tax & license at $500.

-David
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Posts: 120
    Hi Sunny1919,
    Having formerly lived in SF and now residing in SD, I would recommend contacting the dealers in SoCal vs. NoCal. I've found that most SoCal dealers are more transparent on the numbers and easier to work with then their NoCal counterparts. I'm particularly fond of the head of internet sales at MB of Long Beach (initials DD) as they will do MSD's. Someone in the buying forum just noted that Long Beach offered him $11.4K of any 2013 bluetech on the lot. Tell him the guy who has pre-ordered a white 2014 bluetech for his wife connected you.

While I've never leased a car out of state, they will probably be able tell you if they can do it and how it would be done. My assumption is that they assess the taxes in the state that the car is being registered as I pay the SD county tax on our lease which is less then LA county tax.

btw, I'm still partial to the A's and Giants vs. Angels and Dodgers.

Cheers!
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Posts: 284
    Can't do MSDs in NY.
    Interesting. Thanks. I may call tomorrow. I'm tired of playing games locally.
  • boone25boone25 Posts: 6
    Do any of you think it would be a problem leasing a 2013 E350 with 180 miles on it? Is that still considered new?
  • d_nyholmd_nyholm Posts: 73
    I personally think it is fine. They will just start the lease from 180 miles then, so if you have a 24k lease, it will go to 24180 instead.

Last car I leased had 80 miles on it since it was driven from another dealership.
  • jtraversjtravers Posts: 4
    Carman,

Could you please let me know what the money factor and residual are for a 36 mo/12K mi lease on a 2014 E350 4Matic Sport?

Thank you so much for your help!

Kind regards.
  • dalemadalema Posts: 34
    Hi. This post was useful. Question - is holdback available for dealers on the 2014 AMG cars ie the E63?
  • jtraversjtravers Posts: 4
    Car_man,

The dealership I'm working with told me that the .00107 MF is for the 2013 E350 4Matic Sport and not the 2014. Are they mistaken on that, or are they overcharging me (they're quoting me a .00150 MF)?

Thanks!
    JT
  • ilsbilsb Posts: 4
    My dealership is quoting .00148 mf and 61% for 36 mo, 65% for 30 mo and 70% for 24 mo. Is that in line with what others are getting for 2014 E350?
  • jkang1jkang1 Posts: 7
    First of all, I always thank for this forum and everyone who has contributed to the articles.

I am about to switch my old 2010 E350 4matic to 2014 E350 4matic Sports Edition.
    I have 5 month remaining lease payment which will be taken care of by the dealer.

I have a quote: $2700 out of pocket, 36 month, 15K miles/year for $699 tax included
    E350 4matic Sports with P1, Lighting Package, Panorama Sunroof, etc
    MSRP: $62,500

Should I take the deal or push more?
    Please advise.. Thanks in advance.
  • Carman,

I ended up doing a European Delivery on a 2014 E350 4MATIC, I am going to sign the paperwork on the 15th of June. Can you give me the MF and residual for 36 months and 10K miles.

Thanks again!
  • kopierkopier Posts: 7
    Good morning Jkang1 - couple of questions. What state are you in? What is the sales tax rate in your area? how much was the monthly payment on the 2010 you traded in? Did you use any special disounts (fleet program - USAA etc?) let me know and I can tell if you have anymore room to negotiate.

Thank you
  • jkang1jkang1 Posts: 7
    Thank you for your reply, Kopier.
    I live in PA with 9% lease sales tax rate. I am paying $600 now for my 2010. I don't have any special discount program.
    thanks in advance.
  • 36fan36fan Posts: 2
    Does this sound fair or should I negotiate more? Im fine with 10k miles. 36 months is fine with me or shorter but not longer. So. Ca. taxes(not sure %?). Im also turning in a Mercedes lease in this deal. Does the MF and RV looked to be inline for the 2014?

60k sticker
    53k sales price
    3k out of pocket
    .00148 MF
    62% RV
    10k miles 36 months
    598.00 payment total.
    Jkang1 - If the sales tax is 9% I would take that deal and run - that is a great deal for 15k 36 months for a $62,500 sticker. The current pull ahead is 3 payments - so you have negative $1200 on the current lease - I beleive the residual for 36 month 15k is 59% and the rate is .00143 = they are currently running the summer MB promo that provides dealers with 2k hold back and 1k rebate on 14 E's - all that said and done it looks like a $6000 discount on the car plus the holdback and rebate - that is a great deal for this car only out one month. if you can get it - I do not think you can do better. let me know how it comes out.
    36fan - based on your numbers using a 8% sales tax for SOCAL - your payment should be about $570 out the door - however that is with no negative on your current trade - the pull ahead on current E's is 3 months anything more than they will roll into the new lease payment. This is based on the numbers you have provided - if they are discounting the car 4k before the 2k holdback and 1k rebate - that is a good deal - I would take it - no use in trying to squeeze abother $20 bucks - they have already provided a great deal - what dealer are you working with?
    edited June 2013
    My quote seems really really high. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

2014 E-Class 4-matic
    $63,350 asking:
    They will give me $2,000 off
    Maintenance included
    taxes included
    15k miles per year

24 month: 68%
    36 month 59%
    48 month 48%
    Money Factor 0.00177

0 down
    24 month: $1061 per month
    36month: $932 per month

$3,000 down
    24 month: $922 per month
    36 month: $838 per month

$5,000 down
    24 month: $829 per month
    36 month: $775 per month
    edited June 2013
    2014 E-Class 4-matic
    $62,245 asking
    They will give me $2,000 off
    Maintenance included
    taxes included
    15k miles per year

1,000 down
    $1,117.26 per month

2,000 down
    $1,070.80 per month

3,000 down
    $1,024.86 per month
  • 36fan36fan Posts: 2
    Sounds to me that he is using the 2k holdback and the 1k of loyalty to bring the car down to invoice,then using my 3 k to bring the cap down the 53k that he quoted me. So thats a total of 7k off sticker with my 3k and his rebates. With tax fees etc,the payment was 598. I doubt he will go invoice,then use the 2k hold back and 1k loyalty.

Is that a fair deal with him using his 3k to bring it down to invoice and my 3k for cap reduction? Im looking to get into a car within the next 40 days or less.
This discussion has been closed.