Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi bknyc. Do you happen to know this car's selling price. I probably could back into it by playing with the numbers for a while, but it would be much easier if you let us know. The selling price will enable us to see how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there's any room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey e350lease. It looks like some of the dealers that you spoke with are trying to mark your car's money factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. This sort of thing happens all the time with luxury brand dealers. Please see my previous post for this car's buy rate and make sure that the dealer uses it to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for empowah. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 E350 Bluetec with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 75%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • 2012 E350 Sedan

MSRP = $59,725
    Discounted price = $53,125 (includes $2k conquest)
    Term = 30 months / 12K miles
    RV = 65%
    MF = .00145
    Monthly = $684 including 3% sales tax

Should I pull the trigger?
  • Here is what I am being quoted:

For a 2012 E350 sedan for you that is Steel Grey with a Black interior. The car has the Premium 1 Package, Sport Package, Rear Lip Spoiler and heated front seats.
    Vehicle Price: $56,385.00
    Preferred Customer Discount: - $4,000.00
    Total Selling Price: $52,385.00

Sales Tax (estimate): $3,216.41
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): $348.75
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $8.50
    Dealer Service Fee: $699.95
    Balance Due (estimate): $56,658.61

The 30 month residual is 65% or $36,650.25 based on this $56,385 E350 sedan. The money factor is .00187. With $4k due at signing the payment is $691 including taxes.

Salesman also said this:

In theory, I am $2500 off considering that we have conquest cash, but I have to transport the car in. The 2012's are still new to us so I will not be able to get much more of a discount. How about 48 months at $650 including taxes allowing 12,000 miles per year with $3000 total due at signing?

The dealer is not really negotiating much. Any suggestions?
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 920
    are you in a state that requires you to pay all the sales tax up front? Is the $3000 down just to reduce your monthly payments? Are you in a state that allows multiple security deposits? I don't understand your comment on conquest cash....it should be part of the deal....or is that $2k part of the 4000 discount?

Have you considered including maintenance in the lease? what is the dealer charging for the 'loan origination fee'?

Lots of questions....if you tell us the answers, we may just be able to help you out.
  • ghstudio,

No, I am in Florida so the upfront tax payment is not required.

The $4,000 and later, $3,000 is just cap reductions payments. The salesman is telling me he is at his limit on discounts so if I want to lower my payments, I need to help out with the cap reduction payment.

MSDs are allowed. But he tells me that he has to use an inflated MF if I go that route.

The conquest cash is part of the $4K discount. He says he can't discount much more as the 2012s are new and that he has to transport the car trim I want in from elsewhere.

The loan origination fee was initially $1,095 but to get my business he would be willing to go down to $895. This is in addition to the dealer service fee of $699.

I think that answers all your questions. Please let me know if you have more. And I look forward to your reply and thanks again!
    edited November 2011
    some thoughts.

1) Dealer is giving you $2000 off, with negotiating, he should be willing to give you $3000 off...plus, of course the $2000 conquest money.

2) Do not put any money down...bad idea on a lease...it's a false saving..just divide the $3000 by 30 months and you are paying an additional $100 a month, you're just paying it up front. There is also risk if you total the car or it is stolen. Don't do it.

3) See what the rate is that they use for multiple security deposits. "higher" doesn't mean anything. The rate should be for your credit tier...not some generic number.

4) Ask the dealer to add the mercedes (basic) warranty to the lease. It is treated like a feature on the car and you should only actually pay 35% of the price...it's a quirk in the mercedes leasing policy. Note: some dealers won't let you do this...but many will. Don't discuss the why's with them...just ask if it's residualizable. Price the lease out both ways...using the computer. Don't let the salesman do it with a pencil and paper...make them run the numbers thru their computer.

5) Do consider the P2 option...keyless entry and the lighting are worth it, especially when you are leasing. You probably don't need heated seats (since you are finding a car anyway) and the wood/leather steering wheel is beautiful.

6) Don't buy any of the additional insurance packages (except maybe the wheels package depending on how/where you drive).

7) if the dealer transports in from the Port of Entry, then they don't pay the interdealer transfer fee. See if he can find a car at the port that he could trade with another dealer.

8) I've saved the best advice for last: Drive and consider leasing the bluetec instead of the gas e. The residual is higher so your monthly payments will be less...and you will be getting an incredible car that gets 26+ mpg in city driving. Matter of fact, consider getting the bluetec and leasing for just 24 months (not 30/33/36 months). Price it out...you and the dealer will both be shocked at the monthly cost. My dealer couldn't believe the monthly cost....and I'm now driving a 2011 bluetec...and love it.
  • Car Man: Are you sure about the Bluetec MF of .00225. Why is it so much higher than the regular E class (approx..00165)? Also, how much will each extra security deposit (the monthly payment round up to the nearest 50.00 right?) decrease the money factor?
    edited November 2011
    I believe that Mercedes only has "promotional rates" on the gas models of the e series....which is why the bluetec is higher. However you can use multiple security deposits against the rate to bring it down to .00155. Each security deposit drops the MF by .00007 and you can make a maximum of 10 security deposits.

As far as rounding payments up to the nearest $50, I've seen it done various ways...and all seem to be ok with Mercedes which is weird. In my case, they calculated my payments based on 10 MSD's to get my actual monthly payment, including tax. Then I paid 10x my monthly payment including tax towards multiple security deposits. Others have had their monthly payment without tax rounded up to the nearest $50 and that's their security payment. I have also seen other variations.

I have no clue how as to how Mercedes really wants it calculated.
  • My lease on my 2009 E350 is up and I'm leasing a new 2012 E350 4Matic Sport with P1 Package. I believe the MSRP is about 58,500. I have the loyalty discount and I have a fleet discount of $2,000.

12k for 33 months

Everything rolled into payment inc. Tax, bank fees etc.

Only first month and plates up front.

$595

what you guys think? Can I do better?
    what about maintenance? see if your dealer will throw it in....or at least put it in the lease as a mercedes feature on the car (buy mercedes maintenance, not some other "better" policy. If it's treated as a feature, they you will only pay part of the msrp, just like you do on the whole car. It's a terrific deal many don't know about.

what is the negotiated price of the car....without the fleet discount and loyalty discount....They should give you a discount PLUS those items.
  • MB is telling me they can only give me .00200 MF with maximum security deposits applied. My credit is impeccable. Are you certain of the exact figure for the best November MF (before security deposits are applied) for a blue tec, and what is it precisely?

Thanks
    I believe the base rate is .00225...and it sounds like your dealer is marking it up quite a bit to make as much profit as possible. Ask the dealer to show you the mercedes finance rate on his screen or in writing and make sure it is for Tier 1 credit (which is what you have if you have great credit).

The number they quoted would have you believe that the base rate is .0027 which would be 6.48%...and that's just crazy. A MF of .00225 is 5.4% and in today's world, even that is gouging...but reducing it with MSD's, your mf should be (if I'm right) .00155 or 3.72%.

what are they telling you the residual is on a 24 mo lease?
  • revrasrevras Posts: 59
    That sounds pretty good. Are they charging you an acquisition fee or is that rolled into the payment as well?
  • If you get this deal. You have won! I want to know what state you are in and what dealership you are using because I want this deal!
  • raizonraizon Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    Hello everyone. I'm currently looking at leasing a 2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan but I have no experience with leasing so I'm here looking for some advice/help.

I went to the dealer in Bellevue, WA and they gave me the following information on the lease.

MSRP - $42,445.00
    Discount - $2,000.00
    Tax - $2,248.61
    License Fee - $250.00
    Service Fee - $150.00
    Selling price with Tax - $42609.61
    RV - 63%
    MF - 0.00142

Term - 30 months
    Miles - 10k/year
    Downpayment - $2,000.00
    Monthly w/ taxes - $557.86

Is this a good deal or I can do better? Seems like I'm reading about people getting E class for like $600/month which makes this deal look kinda bad?
  • They're way off. RV should be 68%. Tax is applied to your monthly payments, not to the selling price up front. At that selling price you should be in the low $500's with tax with no down payment other than first month's payment and fees. You can easily get it under $500 with tax if you make 10 security deposits (resulting in a MF of 0.00072).

Give Lynnwood a call, they don't play games and they'll probably give you a better price on the vehicle, too.
  • I think so too. My dealer, who has been very straight up with me on my last two leases, won't budge on this. Since it wouldn't be coming out of his pocket he really has no real reason to withhold it if it were possible.
  • Thanks so much for your help! I'll stop by the lynnwood dealer with your information in mind and see what kind of deal I get.
This discussion has been closed.