Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Here is the deal I just got on a 2006 black on black ML350: MSRP $54,650, Comfort Package, Premium Package, Sunroof Package, Entertainment Package, Lighting Package, Heated Seats, Parktronic, Rear Side Airbags, Sirius Satellite Radio, Trailor Hitch, and iPod intergration kit (installed from the the factory). $699/month including NJ tax, no money down, 39 months, 12k a year, $1985 due at signing. Awesome deal. scheduled to be built on the 27th of November (the day after my bday!) and delivered the first or second week of December! The money rates finally came down and the salesperson was great to work with after having just got an E350 4Matic from him last month. It only took a few back and forth calls to get him under $700.
  • Congratulations! I have what may be a dumb question... If there is no money down and tax is included what is the 2K out of pocket for?
  • I'm trying to figure out if the following is a good deal for 36mo / 15K mi. lease on an 06 ML 350.

1) MSRP $49,085
    2) Sell Price $45,840.91
    3) Fees $1,200 inception fees + $645 acquis fee - $1845 total
    4) Total Cap cost $47,686
    4) money factor .00206
    5) residual 56%

Payment $775/mo incl. tax, $0 drive-off.

- jstshppg
  • Which New Jersey dealer?

Thanks!
  • You're very welcome spikeya4.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Hi jstshppg. The $3,244 discount that you were quoted for the truck that you are interested in looks very reasonable to me. The lease money factor looks great as well. In fact, it is so good that I doubt your lease is being run through Mercedes-Benz Credit. The last time that I saw its lease program, Mercedes-Benz was not providing any sort of lease support on the M-Class. That means that its money factor for it is currently around .00320 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The residual value that you were quoted is lower than Mercedes' though. This also leads me to believe the lease is through an independent bank.

To give you an idea of what this truck would cost to lease through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now, I just ran some numbers and cam up with a zero down, pre-tax payment of around $742.

Car_man
    Host
  • I got a quote on a 2006 ml350 of $577.29/month for 39 months 12,000 miles with $5500(includes taxes) out of pocket. It is for the premium package, sunroof package, heated seats, 18"wheels. The msrp was $49,655. Is this reasonable? Thanks for your help.

Sale price 46,600
    money factor 298
    residual 63% 31,282.65
  • Car_Man, I just Leased a 2006 ML350 from my local dealership here in Santa Monica,Ca..I shopped around and the best deal that I could get reads as follows..msrp $45,545.00 appearance package, sunroof package, and entertainment package...$2000.00 total drive-off including 1st month payment and $552.00 month including tax..the sales price was $40,449.00 and money rate was a tier 1 credit .00314 ..it's 39 months and 12K per year...do you think I could have done better or is this about as good as it gets for now????
  • First month payment, motor vehicle fees, etc...
  • Benzel Busch in Englewood, NJ - the sad part is that car they thought they could get is no longer available - so back to the drawing board....they are having a hard time finding a fully loaded ML350, all of the ML350's seem to be in 47k range that they have or can get their hands on. :(
  • tedritedri Posts: 3
    Ended up with a ML 350 with a $50 k msrp, $2k down and $620/month pretax, 39 month, 15k mile lease.
  • Sounds good. What was total pre-tax drive off? (only ask because of BS inceptions fees)
  • tedritedri Posts: 3
    about $1900
  • Based upon what I have seen here in NY (from a lot of dealers) that is a great deal. Congrats and enjoy your new truck!
  • Sounds good! I had to go ahead and order my truck since the other one sold over the weekend, it should be here in January. Black on black, premium package, entertainment package, sunroof package, comfort package, lighting package, 5 spoke 18" wheels, heated seats, Sirius satellite, ipod intergration kit and tubular steel side step bars...MSRP of $54,720, (based upon the amount of trucks being ordered now for delivery in Jan, the salesperson is confident the money factor will stay the same or get better), 699 a month including NJ tax, no money down except drive off fees (1900), 39 months, 12k a year.
  • Guys & Gals,

I have been negotiating on ML350 and am very close to coming to a conclusion. Here is the offer:

Invoice: $45000
    MSRP: 49000
    Residual: 62%
    Money Rate: 0.00335

This brings the monthly costs between $720 to $750 at 36 months, depending in 12000 to 15000 miles/year.

Here is the catch, I received an email from MBUSA with a new offer and it sounds like they are using Money Rate of 0.0029, which is much better but at 10000 miles/year.

I am planning to head to the dealer trw or the day after, so if you can response with your feedback ASAP, this will help my decision very much.

Cheers.

IKE
  • Hi...Havent read anything on this forum regarding ML500 leasing. Has anyone leased or received rates for it? Anyone know the current program for it 36 months/12k miles? Thanks!
  • Hi rezultz. I've seen the current lease program for the ML500 and I would be happy to give you an idea of what it is like. If you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz ML500 through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00290 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • y2001y2001 Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man. The dealer I am working with claimed that even if I put down 10 MSDs on the ML350 lease, the money factor (0.0029) from the "Winter Event" will still be lower than the standard (0.0035??) - MSD (10 x 0.0001). I am confused as to how the Mercedes MSD works, and he claimed that the money factor deduction has to start with the standard rate, not the special rate.
    Thank you for the help!
  • Hi y2001. I think that your dealer was wrong or lying. I don't see why Mercedes' multiple security deposit program has to use the standard lease money factor as a baseline. If you opt to make multiple deposits on your vehicle, they should subtract from the special money factor.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.