Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• mumbaiwallamumbaiwalla Member Posts: 3
    Will post it by weekend.
  • steven_ml350steven_ml350 Member Posts: 1
    for a 2012 ML 350. msrp is 54920.
    lease for 36 months, 12k per month.
    1000 down and first payment of 600 (the payment of 600 includes sales tax (7%).

any help is appreciated.
  • deenxdeenx Member Posts: 125
    Well that is a heck of a lot better than anything I've received here in central NJ. I can't get anything close to that.
  • imcarmaniacimcarmaniac Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man, do you know what the money factor and residual is for the december? In october, I was given the money factor of .00195 for 36 months/10k for ML350 4 matic. I ordered the car in october and I was told that if it goes lower in december (when the car comes), they will reduce it. I am picking up the car on friday. Would you be able to tell me what the money factor is for december?

Thanks.
  • v70r_07v70r_07 Member Posts: 13
    imcarmaniac,

I believe the numbers for 36 months and 10k miles per year for a 2012 ML 350 4-matic are 60% and .00155.
  • deenxdeenx Member Posts: 125
    Does anyone know the 30mth residuals?
  • temiztemiz Member Posts: 11
    30 months BlueTec ML is I guess 67 percent is the residual for 12000 miles.

That is what they told me from couple dealers. But car _man gave a different one. I guess 62%.
  • imcarmaniacimcarmaniac Member Posts: 4
    Thanks v70r_07. The dealer is telling me that its not changed since I ordered the car. We agreed upon .00185 with auto pay option. He did mention to me that if the money factor dropped, he will give me new money factor. I guess I have to go back to square one in negotiating.
  • rman850rrman850r Member Posts: 14
    deenx,

I believe 30 month 10k for the ML 350 is 65% and the Bluetec is 68%
  • mumbaiwallamumbaiwalla Member Posts: 3
    This was at Morristown Mercedes, NJ.
    ask for Ziad.
  • sicce1sicce1 Member Posts: 4
    Just got offered this deal - is a good one?

2012 ML350 4Matic
    MSRP: $60,285
    Sell for: $54,028
    Cash down: $6,000
    MF = 0.00188
    Residual: 64%
    30Months

Monthly payment: $557.22 + Tax
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go deenx. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2012 ML350 with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 62%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00155 and 57%.

The last time that I checked, the conquest cash and Winter Event certificates for the ML were each $2,000.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Yes, temiz, both the money factor and residual value that you were quoted are indeed correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi deenx. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2012 ML350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello imcarmaniac. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 ML350 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00155 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • latettelatette Member Posts: 2
    Trying to decide between a '12 ML Bluetec or an '12 E-class blueTec. I am looking for either a 2 year 15k per year lease or a one pay lease (if there is a benefit). I receive the fleet benefit (3k for ML and 2k foe E class). Residuals and money factors would be very helpful as well as others feedback on the options.

Thanks
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi latette,
    My wife has a 2011 E350 bluetech, and we are quite impressed with the torque and gas mileage. Its not as 'tight' on the road as our Audi A6 quattro, but my wife is happy nonetheless. We also have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd which shares the same platform as the new ML, and we are thrilled by the build quality, fit and finish, etc. As a result, I am contemplating an ML Bluetech (or GL Bluetech) once the Jeep's lease expires.

As for deal economics, I would first request the MF's and RV's from Carman for both cars. I believe that December numbers for a 2012 E350 Bluetech (24x15) are,
    MF - .00225 base rate
    RV - 74%

I don't have the similar numbers for the 2012 ML Bluetech.

Once you have the numbers, particularly MF, I would recommend examining the following approaches,
    - Multiple Security Deposit (MSD) - MBFS allows you to place up to 10 security deposits which are completely refundable upon lease end. A total of 10 security deposits represents a 0.00070 reduction in MF
    - Autopay provides a 0.00010 reduction in MF which can be combined with MSD
    - One time payment provides a 0.00075 reduction in MF

We utilized MSD + Autopay which results in a 1.92% savings on interest charges, and I would endorse this approach if you have $ you can spare for MSD.

Best of luck on your selection.

Cheers!
  • newportvcnewportvc Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to get some current pricing for a 30 or 36 month lease on a new ML Diesel. Would like to know what the price should be (P1 Package, Lighting Package and Metallic paint). Would be helpful to know current sales prices relative to invoice or sticker, residuals and money factor for 12k/year. The MSRP of this configuration is about $55.5k.

Thank you!
  • kball2kball2 Member Posts: 62
    Car Man / Others...

Are you saying for the 2012 ML350 4 Matic there are the following incentives: (1) $2,000 conquest cash (2) $2,000 winter event certificates

Can these be combined for a savings of $4,000?
  • seecallieseecallie Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

I am looking for the residual value and money factor to lease a 2012 Mercedes ML350 Bluetec. We are considering multiple lease terms: 30, 36, 42, and 48. Not sure which one is the best fit yet. The MSRP is 58,925. Thanks and please let me know if you need additional information. Also, is you have an idea about a fair purchase price and any additional dealer incentives that will be considered. Thanks.
  • 88awake88awake Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2012
    Good morning car_man, kyfdx and everyone else,

I'm looking for the January money factor and residual for a 2012 ML350 lease with 36-months and 10,000 miles/year. I think that in December it was 0.00155 and 60% residual.

If you had anything on combinations of 7,500 or 10,000 miles and 33- or 36-months, that would be great too. (I know that sometimes they let you use the 30-month residual on the 33-month lease.)

Thanks for your help!
  • samardhsamardh Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Hi

Am in the market for a 2012 ML350 *Lease*. Additional options include Premium 01 special package, Lane Tracking package, Rear seat DVD/Entertainment system. This will be a 30 month lease with 10k miles per year

Q: The dealer is asking for an acquisition price of $1200 - isn't that high?
    Q: What is the January money factor and the residual value/%age for this type of vehicle?

I believe that I can get the dealer to a $700.00 all in (including taxes) monthly lease. There will be zero downpayment and the only cash outlay will be 1st month ($700) plus acquisition fee (see question above) and any taxes/tag fees etc

Any thoughts on this deal?
  • joec1210joec1210 Member Posts: 10
    Okay, we know the residuals and money factors for the leases. Dealers seem to be discounting 10% off MSRP give or take a 1%. Then theres $4000 in rebates. What offers is everyone getting and what have they paid on done deals? Inquiring minds (me) need to know. Are you getting quotes that make sense and paying sensible leases on done deals?
  • latettelatette Member Posts: 2
    I paid 49,500 for a 56,600 bluetec. This insluded a 3,000 supplier rebate. Unfortunately I am in the process of sending it back via lemon law due to cold start issues with the blutec that they currently have no fix for (misfires evry morning for about a mile or so - since that day it rolled of the lot).

I was able to find out that their true cost is Msrp less the destination times .93 plus destination. That is essentially where I came out.
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Member Posts: 155
    edited January 2012
    samardh,

That Acquistion fee is slightly outrageous! The base fee is only $795, so your $1200 is more than a 50% increase.

Base rate money factor for a 30 month lease of the 2012 ML 350 4-matic is .00155 and residual is 65% for 10k miles.

What was the MSRP of the exact vehicle you were looking at?

Based on a quick estimation, it looks like it should be in the 56-57k range?

At that price, you would need at least a 4k discount to achieve your goal of $700 per month total, which is technically achieavable, although might be fairly difficult without any qualifying incentives.

Also, do you qualify for Conquest, USAA, or Fleet Incentives?
    Greetings 88awake. Mercedes-Benz Financial's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 ML350 with 10,000 miles per year are .00155 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You are correct, Mercedes' "Value Added" program often allows lessees to use the 30-month terms for 33-month leases. The 30-month numbers are currently .00155 and 65%.

If you were to lease with only 7,500 miles per year, this truck's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • shortyrock302shortyrock302 Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2012
    Hello,

Just wondering how much I could realistically get off the MSRP of a 2012 ML350? Planning to lease though. They showed me preliminary numbers for a 39 and 49 month lease? I asked to see a 36 month lease with 15K mi per year. I do realize they have a "pull ahead" program, but is it to my advantage to stick with 36 months? By 39, I certainly will be out of factory warranty with mileage. Does it matter much if I did do 39 vs. 36 months?
  • nd_irishnd_irish Member Posts: 33
    Hi Car_Man,

I would like to know the January money factor and residual for a 2012 ML350 lease with 24 months and 10,000 miles per year. Thank you!
  • mbtexmbtex Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car Man,
    I am in the market for a new 2012 ML350 (my current lease is almost up), either the gasoline version or the BlueTech one. Can you please tell me what the money factors and the residuals are for both cars for 30/33 and 36 months 15,000 miles leases?
    Also, do you know if the conquest and winter rebates are still available? I made an informal inquiry at the dealer where I service my car (Houston, TX) and they told me that I need to pay MSRP but most people on this forum got quotes at $6,000 below MSRP which is about $1000 below invoice. Is this even doable?
    Thank you,
    A
    Hi nd_irish. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 ML350 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00155 and 69%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    Last month -- Jan -- dealers in my area wee caitalizing this vehicle well below invoice.
    What's the situation now?
  • dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    Local illinois MB dealer is willing to go 5k below msrp. Is that good enough? I was hoping for at least 7k off msrp based on what I have read on this forum.
    Does anyone know the MF and residual on 24 month 15k miler per year?
    Thanks.
    Hi dinoman. If I was in the market for a new ML, I'd shoot for a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible. While anything is possible I suppose I doubt that there are many dealers out there that are willing to sell MLs for under invoice at this point.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 ML 350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man,
    can you please post the lease rates for a ML350 BlueTech for 30/33 and 36/39 months leases and 15,000 miles a year? Do you know if MBFS always extends (if you ask) the 30 and 36 terms for 33 and 39 months, respectively?
    Thank you much,
    Alex
  • asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    Leased Lexus 450H; had to return it within one month due to compromised cabin integrity and toxics coming into cabin; service dept equivocated over substance. We wonder if anything to do with post-nuclerar accident production in Japan. Regardless, about wife and son repeatedly had breathing problems, we returned car. Lexus dealership made us eat $5000 for this vehi. We had no choice. Health more important. Lexus corporation would not even reimburse the $5000. So, we'll pursue with governmental jurisdictions and litigation. Anyone with similar problems? Now, we considerr ML350 - -but nedd light package. Offered great deals in So calif, but no xenon light packages around.
  • rayceeraycee Member Posts: 10
    Unfortunately the lighting pkg is delayed. Dealer told me other day should be available for production in April. Hopefully this time no more delays.
    Hi Alex. Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing any lease support on the ML350 BlueTec. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial, you would have to use its standard lease money factors.

Through its Value Added program, Mercedes-Benz does allow the use of residual values for terms that are three months longer, but this program is only available on certain models and I doubt that this is one of them...the ML350 4Matic perhaps, but I doubt the BlueTec.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's February residual value for a 30-month lease of this truck with 15,000 miles per year is 62%. The residual value for an otherwise identical 36-month lease is
  • beerad75beerad75 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    CarMan,
    Does anyone have residues for 2012 MB ML350 @ 10k, 12k, & 15k?
    Also needing the money factor please?
    Is the conquest available on the 2012? And how much?
    What is the USAA discount?
    One last thing, do you pay the disposition fee up front or in the rears?
    Sorry for all the questions and thank you in advance!
    Hi beerad75. Mercedes-Bez Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 ML350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10k residual value would be 3% higher.

Mercedes is providing a $1,000 conquest cash incentive on the ML this month.

I am not intimately familiar with the USAA discount, but apparently Mercedes is providing USAA customers with special discounts on its vehicles. One has to be a veteran or the son / daughter of one to belong to USAA.

Mercedes-Benz Financial charges a $795 acquisition fee at lease signing and a $595 disposition fee at lease-end.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man,
    A few more questions if you will, I am interested in the Lease, but am unsure on the term.
    I am looking at a $55,000 MSRP
    Told I can buy it for $49,100
    Conquest of $1000
    12,000 miles per year on 30, 33 months?
    I will pay my tt&l and first payment and aquisition fee

Do you have the residules and money factor for each of these terms?
    I really appreciate all your help.
    Hi beerad75. The money factor for a 33-month lease of this truck is exactly the same for a 33-month lease, but the residual value would be 64% with 12,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
  • farhanindcfarhanindc Member Posts: 2
    Thanks in advance for the help with this. I'm very new to the lease game so a lot of the terms and numbers quoted, I'm not familiar with. I was looking at a 2012 and wanted some advice on what a good lease payment would look like for a 36 month lease. My credit history is not established here yet as I have just moved from another country but I can put down a significant security deposit. I am hoping to be in this vehicle before the end of the month. Thanks again for the help!
    Car_man
    sorry for the delay in responding but your message was cut off (maybe too long?). As you can see above, you wrote residual for a 30-month lease and then... Can you please tell me the residual for a 36-month lease and also the money factors for each (in case they are different)?
    Thank you much,
    Alex
    You're right, Alex, it did get cut off. Strange. The money factor for a 36-month lease would be the same, but the residual value would be 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • farhanindcfarhanindc Member Posts: 2
    hi car_man --- is the residual 60% or 54% as per a previous reply below. thanks in advance

Hi beerad75. Mercedes-Bez Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 ML350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.
    edited February 2012
    Carman,
    I Know I have asked before, but just trying to clarify a couple things? 2012 ML350 for a 30 month lease with 12k per year: is it 64% and .00155? Is the 33 month option same as the 30 month option? Last question, if I did a one pay what does the money factor drop to?
    Thank You for all your education
  • rob524rob524 Member Posts: 4
    Carman

Do you have the March 30, 33, and 36 month lease rates for 10k miles per year.
    Thnx
  • ozzynycozzynyc Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2012
    I was offered 2012 ML350 Bluetec with P1 package and Running Boards, silver ($795), 10k miles per year, for $500 for a 24 month lease using one pay option. so it would be $500x24+tax+dmv=around $14,300in NY (factoring in 1k for conquest). What do you guys think.

Also is it true that there's a tax on rebate? and is there a way to negotiate the contract to exclude the disposition fee? Such a scam by many companies forcing you to buy or lease another vehicle.
  • ssabaghssabagh Member Posts: 17
    Carman,

can you please let us know the march lease rates for the ML350.

thanks
  • ozzynycozzynyc Member Posts: 31
    Can someone be kind enough and actually reply to my post about the price? I'm surprised that same same question about March rates being asked more than one and my question goes ignored... :( Many thanks, looking for a reply from a carman or anyone else :)
This discussion has been closed.