Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• storm10storm10 Posts: 175
    Anything that you ADD to the car - you will not be charged when you return your car from the lease. Anything that you MODIFY the car (for example: lower suspension or replace original Sound system...etc) has to be returned to the original condition.
    So, you don't need to remove window tint at the end of the lease.
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,872
    Realistically, you'll be near $800/mo., including tax (9.5%?) on the Mercedes ML 4WD, assuming 39mo. at 15K/yr mileage.. with a minimal amount upfront ($1500 or less). If you get a killer deal, it might be $50/mo. less than that..

And, you are correct... a 60-month lease is just nuts...

I want a Mercedes, too, but that's a lot of money!! ;)

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

"I have to tell the other dealer my final answer today, and need to know realistic discounted lease quotes I may expect on ML in May in Northern California for Tier 1 credit for 15 or better yet 18,000 miles per year."

The best way to get the best deal: is to shop around. Request quotes from multiple dealers over internet. You don't really need detailed numbers to do that. All you need to ask is: How much is TOTAL DRIVE-OFF (out of pocket - all inclusive) and HOW MUCH IS MONTHLY PAYMENT (including tax). This will make your life easier and you don't end up negotiating rates, fees and other conditions and terms - which can be tricky. Care only for the BOTTOM LINE and make Dealers compete to earn your business - by requesting quotes from multiple Dealers. You can do it here: Request Mercedes-Benz Price Quote anywhere in USA, this link will give you access to ALL Mercedes-Benz Dealerships in the USA. Obviously, request more than 1 quote.

By the way, the best term for ML Hybrid is 39 months. 60 month lease is waste of money.
  • nola2nola2 Posts: 9
    Thank you for the information! I emailed just about every dealer hours ago, and...did not receive a single email or a phone call back with any lease quotes. So I will give it a few more hours to wait for the responses, but then will most likely let the other dealer know we would be buying a car from him.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,194
    check overstock and autoblog to get prices and offers. May give you some info to compare offers.
    When requesting quotes, did you provide your phone #?
    If not, Dealers usually respond within 24 hours to any e-mail communications. They respond faster if you provide your phone#, because they think that you are so-called: "more serious prospect". Also, make sure to spell your e-mail address correctly, otherwise they will not be able to respond.
    If you need car immediately - right now, then I think it's too late to shop over the internet. It's a good way to shop if you have at least a few or more days before making a decision.
    Hope it helps.
  • alice321alice321 Posts: 3
    ML350 4MaticOriginal
    MSRP: $56,345
    Discounted Price: $51,837
    39 month lease with $2000 Drive Off
    15K miles per year: $739 + tax
    REsidual: $26,785.95
    Money Factor: .00147
    if not, which numbers would make it a great deal?
  • icb2779icb2779 Posts: 25
    Check your money factor........ doesn't seem to be correct. Still have more to go with the selling price...... you should be somewhere are $649 per month + tax. Drive off should be in the low $1,500 range + cost of plates. Let me know how you make out......... :D
    What state are you buying in? Some dealers in certain states are more flexible than others.
    I am getting confused. I read posts here and the HOST wrote that monthly payments should be in the $800s with tax if we are talking about the same car. The MSRP here is 56,000, a little more. Can you explain if others are getting the car for $650 plus tax and minimum drive off on at least 15,000 miles per year? How can it be? All the dealers quoting me in the 700s plus tax and at least 2K drive off, which pushes to 800s with tax monthly. Also, what would be the correct money factor? The deal is for 39 months. Would 36 months be better or it does not matter? Thank you all.
    36 months will up the monthly payment. The program is really on 36 months but when you split residuals 39 months becomes a better program. What state are you shopping in? The better shopper you are the cheaper the price gets. E-mail me with any other questions. :)
    39 month is the way to go, because residual does not change from 36 month - which is special by itself.
    Another way to lower payment is to take less miles per year. Take 12,000 miles per year, which is 1,000 miles per month (not a lot of people drive more) and your residual will jump up 2% - that will lower your monthly payment. You don't have to drive 1,000 miles per each month, but the total mileage has to be 39,000 miles at the end. Anything over is .25 cents per mile.
    When you reach 39,000 miles and lets say you still have 1-3 month before the lease ends, I'm sure any Dealer will work with you to replace your car earlier. Plus, MBF always have Loyalty Accelerator programs, where they don't charge remaining 3-6 payments, if you want to replace for another Benz.
  • s9r9d4s9r9d4 Posts: 10
    Hi all,

I was just wondering if you think the ML350 needs running boards? Is there a big step up into the vehicle? We are going to the dealership this weekend to place an order and we just wanted your input on this.

Thanks in advance.
    Its actually easier to get-in without running boards, because ML has very low car-like entrance. They have 2 kinds of running boards: pipes and steps. Steps may help a little, but pipes are more for the overall look, than actual assistance.

Don't order steps separately, because if they are not part of MSRP (sticker) - they will not residualize in the lease and you have to pay for the installation separately.
    Its not a must with kids but I find it helpful. In addition to that, it gives the ML a much sporty look for a small amount of money. If your leasing its about $9 or $10 more per month.
    Today, MB Financials came up with Summer Specials. All ML-Class specials are extended until August 2nd. You can see all the specials in full details here: Mercedes-Benz Finance and Lease Specials . Also, you can see the breakdown of what changed from May to June in positive or negative way.
    OK guys, based on my sources, 2011 ML-Class will not change much. It will be basically the same as 2010 model, except for some few enhancements. You can see all of the changes from 2010 to 2011 here: 2011 Mercedes-Benz News, Media and Specifications, right on the front page. If this info moves from the Home page - just click "Reviews".

New models will be available for sale in July - about 1 month from now. So if you wait another month you may get into the new 2011 ML model. New models will have much better Residual value, so the leases will not be worse, or I think actually better than on 2010. But if you need to finance - I think it's better to get 2010 while they're still available with special low APR's.

You can use this info as a negotiating tool to get better price on 2010 model, because Dealers want to get rid of all remaining 2010 models, so they get a good allocate of 2011 models. You can tell them, that you'd rather wait for the new 2011 ML, unless Dealer can give you a good reason to buy 2010 (huge discount)...

Hope it helps.
  • First off, thank you to Car Man and everyone else for this forum. This is my first ever post on a forum like this, but for the past month I have been all over this board looking for information on a good ML350 4 Matic lease deal. In the end, I consulted with 5 Long Island Mercedes Dealers and the best deal turned out to be the first offer so I guess I wasted 3 weeks shopping it around.

Here is what I got;
    2010 ML 350 4 Matic
    Blk/Blk Tex
    P1 Package
    Heated Front
    Rear Ent Pre-Wire
    Chrome Handle Inserts
    Burl Wood Accents
    MSRP $54,0145

Final Sell Price $48,785.02
    $1,509.12 Total Due at Signing which included 1st Month and all
    39 Months
    10k/yr
    $651.25 Month

I really shopped it around and I think this is a great deal, because 2 out of the 4 other dealers basically acused my of making the deal up. The other 2 just flat out said it was too good to match. ( I appreciated their honesty. They didn't give me the come in and we'll beat it run around. They were straight up)

In the end, the deal is real and I have taken delivery of the car with no hidden costs, and only $1509.12 due at signing. If you are looking on Long Island and you think this is a good deal, let me know and I can give you the salesman's contact information to see if you can work the same type of deal.

P.S.
    Although I already have the car, I am a glutton for punishment, so please let me know if the deal isn't as good as I thought.
  • s9r9d4s9r9d4 Posts: 10
    Can you email me with the information???

Email is: european12323@aol.com

THANKS!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.