Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• chicagomomchicagomom Posts: 13
    edited August 2011
    I'm thinking about negotiating a lease on a 2011 ML350 4MATIC. My 2 must-haves are Navigation (prem pkg 1) and heated seats. Most of the cars I've seen in the dealership are fully loaded or have some variation of this car. What is the best way to approach negotiating the price: $X off MRSP or $X over dealer invoice? I would qualify for the top credit tier.

Is it a better deal to go with 33 or 36 months 15k miles/yr (I could manage 12k/year - if much better deal)? What is the money factor and residual on 15k miles? My dealership is aggressively clearing out 2011s because they are getting the 2012s next month. I'd really rather get a 2012 (better gas mileage) but I don't have the patience to wait for a deal on the 2012. Also, how do I take into account the $4000 rebate. :-)
  • Host, can anyone help me here? Can I expect to get invoice - $4000 conquest and another $1,000 incentive (for special event tomorrow)? It seems like getting $5k under invoice is a lot.
  • borg1of2borg1of2 Posts: 73
    Hi chicagomom,

Yes, that deal is out there. I got that from a dealership here in FL. Haven't bought yet, but the offer was there. This was without any special event. What special event are they running tomorrow? Is it national or local dealership event?

Scott
  • I was told by 2 local dealerships that they were offering an additional $1,000 incentive for their summer clearance event tomorrow (Saturday). I'm in Chicago. Should I be negotiating off of invoice or Edmunds TMV?
    You can try the TMV, but do understand that the TMV may reflect some of the known discount, which was the $4000, so you will lilkely get them to do $5000 under invoice fairly easily, and then you'll have to push to get more.

My beat offer is $499 per month, includes taxes, for a 33 month with 12,000 miles on a ML 350 BlueTec Diesl with Nav, Blind Spot, free maintenance for the lease and a few other options. Putting $4000 down. Don't yet know the numbers that make up this deal as I am just looking at a bottom line number.
  • Did you mean $500 under invoice or do you think I can get $5,000 under invoice? CarMan - any thoughts?
    I meant $5000. Good offers start at invoice. The competitor Loyalty gets $4000 off your starting point. Then your local additional $1000 for a total $5000 below invoice.
  • You are absolutely right - $5000 under invoice was easy. I'll let you know how things turn out. Thanks for the quick response!
    Please do.

I missed out on the Diesel, but got a RWD for $540 per month including taxes on a 33 month 15,000 mile lease with $2000 down. Pick it up on Wednesday.
  • That sounds like a great deal! When you said $2,000 down, does that include your lease inception and fees or is it a $2k cap reduction? What was MSRP versus sales price? What is your tax rate? We are totally screwed here with 9.25% upfront for full value of car + the city of Chicago charges an additional 8% lease tax on the monthly payment. I did not sign a lease yet.
    edited August 2011
    By the way, I don't think you missed much with the BLUETEC. The salesman had almost talked me into it but I took it for a test drive. I felt like it didn't ride as smoothly. It seemed to take a little bit for the car to adjust when you hit the accelerator. Since I do mostly city driving, that would drive me nuts especially since the diesel engine is slightly noisy. Plus with the difference in price and higher money factor, it was more expensive for me to justify any gas savings in the 33 months that I would own it.

My deal is supposed to look something like this for ML350 4MATIC:
    MSRP $55,680
    $46,844 negotiated price ($5,000 less than invoice)
    33 months, 12k/yr
    $503.36/month before taxes
    Drive off payment was 1st payment + $156 ($0 down towards cap reduction) – title, license, registration and acquisition fees were rolled into the capitalized cost

Scott, it sounds like you got a better deal since your number includes tax and 15k miles/year instead of 12k. Thanks for your help! Hopefully, this will work out as expected when I sign the lease on Monday. I think I could have been more agressive on negotiating a better price vs MSRP. I hope at least this might help someone else negotiate a better deal. :-)
    I don't know where they were applying the $2000 down. I was mostly negotiating for a an out the door lease number and I felt what I was asking for was probably getting the best deal as far as cap cost, residual, etc. I will see when I sign on Wednesdat and will post final numbers. My MSRP is the same as yours, $55,835.

The Diesel deal was going to be the exact same deal as I got on the non diesel, so it would have been even better. It was a demo with about 5k miles on it, so they were willing to treat at the same as a RWD model. I did enjoy the short test drive I did have on a Diesel, I liked the better torque that it had and was looking forward to a little bit better gas mileage. But it was not meant to be.

Good luck with your signing tomorrow and post back the final outcome and how your new car feels!!

Scott
  • marzsh1marzsh1 Posts: 23
    edited August 2011
    Hi,

I am also in the market for a 2011 ML 4matic in chicago area and was quoted $625 for one with $55000 MSRP. Can you share what dealer you are working with?

Thanks,

Marz
    edited August 2011
    Fletcher Jones Mercedes Benz in the city - they claim to be the biggest dealer in the region. Tony C was great!
  • Also, keep in mind that I got the Conquest incentive because we currently own a BMW so that was $4k.
  • marzsh1marzsh1 Posts: 23
    Thanks for your response. I currently own a Volkswagen so I may not qualify for the conquest cash. I heard some dealers get you the incentive even if you don't own a luxury car. Without conquest cash incentive I don't think the outgoing 2011 ml is a very good deal.
    If you are a member of USAA or are eligible to be there is the same $4000 offer available. The money is applied differently for the lease, but it's still a big help. I alsonthink they really want to clear out the 2011, so you should be able to get the conquest as your deriving another brand. Good Luck.
  • Scott, isn't the USAA discount $500 below invoice?
    No. It's USAA price which is invoice. Minus $4000 on a ML. It works out better to use the Loualty when leasing due to how the money is considered. The USAA is a rebate so it can't affect Cap Cost. And you can't combine so pick which works better. I liked the loyalty.

Scott
  • Car_man, have you heard any new incentives for the 2011 ML350 fro september? Conquest cash etc... Thanks.
    rocka
This discussion has been closed.