Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Yes I will do that. I test drove the X5 but didn't like it. I will go test drive the Q5 this weekend (don't need 7 passenger car so the Q7 is out) and already enquired on this forum about the Q5 lease numbers.
    I wish I could contact the sale's manager directly but right now I have been emailing back and forth with a car salesman and don't think I will be able to bypass him!
  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 203
    edited November 2012
    Find out when the salesperson is off and then call the dealership that day. Ask for the sales manager and say you were working with person X and they are off and I need to discuss the details of a ML 350 we were working on. Express your concerns about the high fee upfront of $3800 and that you know of the winter cash and would like a better deal. Make sure you have the numbers such as invoice of the ML 350 you want and the leasing numbers such as rsidual and money factor. Work up from invoice minus winter cash and even start lower. If you test drive other vehicle find out who the manger is and then call the manager once you reviewed the numbers at home.
  • jefe_3jefe_3 Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Hi All, is there anyone that could give me information on 2013 ML63 residuals and money factors along with any adjusters (like auto-pay against money factor, msd, etc.)? I would really appreciate it.
  • roxanne1010roxanne1010 Posts: 63
    edited November 2012
    Thanks mlevine, not sure how to find out about his day off, but you are right, I should try to take it with the sale's manager.
    The sale's guy explained about the $3800 due at signing that $1095 is for the acquisition fee (is that fee negotiable?), the rest is regular 1st month payment, registration and taxes. I was surprised about paying the taxes in the signing payment as on my last lease I didn't pay any taxes at signing. But then I didn't buy it in OK but in MO so maybe that's why it's different. I told him I wanted to put the minimum down and he says this is the minimum.
    I also had a question because in the advertised lease the monthly payments are $619 for a car of similar MSRP as what I am looking at, and with a "dealer participation" negotiated price that's actually higher than what my dealer is talking about. But when I pointed out that he's talking about $685 he said that it's because the $619 doesn't include taxes. So I'm not quite sure why I'd pay taxes both at signing as well as in the monthly payment. Do you have any idea about this?
    I'm definitely going to take your advice about the sale' manager when test driving the Audi and probably the Lexus RX350 (although not sure I can do that since we already bought an RX 350 2 years ago, so I will probably be referred to the same sale's guy, who was not bad though).
    Also, in my experience, even though I always "do my homework" and research the cars I am interested in really well, I never get a good deal in person since men generally don't take women seriously, and I always prefer negotiate through email (sometimes even pretending to be my husband!). Last time he got a call about the deal I was working on and had no idea what they were talking about!
  • Contacted the sale's guy again to tell him I knew about the $1500 winter rebate and wanted to see if he included it in the $4500 discount he told me was non-negotiable or if it would be additional to it. He said it included in it and that he said it was really a great deal with the car sold only $299 over invoice and that with the Winter discount it actually becomes an under invoice deal at $1201 under invoice.
    I told him I know that MB pays the $1500 so the car invoice is basically reduced by this amount and would wait for better deals later in December. $3000 discount isn't serious right?
  • Also, don't think I can look at the infinity as it's the same dealer.
  • Car_man, or whoever knows:
    I saw that my current lease residual value is$29687. I checked the BB value and it seems to be considerably lower than what it's worth for a 2010 and 21,200 miles on it. This car runs like a dream (being French, responsive acceleration is my favorite part, I have a bit of a "lead" foot!;) )
    I have 3 questions: I only have one last payment due Dec 1st on it. If I were to purchase it at the end of November, would I still need to make the last payment?
    Also, is the price firm or is there room to negotiate? If yes, how much, especially if I bought it after having made all payments? Finally, who would I need to contact , how is this handled?
    I only tried 2 dealers so far but pretty sad that it's this difficult to get a reasonable deal and started to panic about the fact that soon I will have no car if I don't find a good deal! It doesn't help that I'm in love with the ML and all other cars fail to impress me.
  • roxanne1010roxanne1010 Posts: 63
    edited November 2012
    I should add that the residual value on my lease was 53% (MSRP was 56,015). So it seems that the residual value price on my contract is a good deal, car is spotless and I know it has no mechanical issues of course! Advise me if that price is good, just in case I give up on getting a good deal on a new lease please;)
    Am I right in assuming that we would have to pay taxes on the sale?
  • Sorry, I just wanted to check BTW that the residual value on my contract is actually the same as the payoff amount?
    The lease aquisition fee is marked up by $300. Check your states tax procedure as most states due not require all taxes up front except New Jersey is one of them. You still are giving back about $2000 which offsets the $4500 discount off MRSP. I always look at invoice take off any discounts, and work my way up. Watch out for money factor mark up so you need to find out leasing details available on this site. I would read up as much as you can on leasing, this wiil help you see where extra money is being added to the deal which means you are paying more for the lease. I have walked away from many leases which I felt were a rip off. The MB lease which is up this December was my third choice in vehicles. My first choice was infiniti M37 glad it did not happen, and second choice was BMW X5 i premium but supply was low hence no special deals.
  • Does anyone know Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ML350 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year?
  • Hi roxanne1010. Mercedes dealers are being given a certain number of certificates that they can choose to use on deals if they want to.

I personally think that a $4,500 discount on this car is very reasonable. The .00160 money factor that you were quoted is right on the money as well. This seems like a very straightforward dealer to me thus far.

Mercedes-Benz financial charges a $795 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. This charge is different than the destination charge that appears on every vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello kc822. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ML 350 Bluetec with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 2012 model are .00160 and 60%.

Mercedes-Benz is providing $1,500 dealer cash certificates on some 2013 ML models as part of its "Winter Event." I am not aware of any huge cash incentives out there to help move the 2012 models.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    edited November 2012
    Hey roxanne1010. Extending an existing lease is usually fairly simple if you're allowed to do so. Just contact the bank that you are leasing through, which in this case is likely Mercedes-Benz Financial, and ask them if they are willing to extend your lease.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2013 ML350 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

36 to 39 months is probably the sweet spot for a lease on this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jefe_3. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ML63 with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello cogitoergozoom. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ML 350 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    As soon as you know I would appreciate information on the ML 350 4Matic lease numbers for 24, 30, and 36 months at 12 miles a year. Please also let me know about any additional incentives besides the winter certificate. Thanks for all your help.
  • Car-Man: I'm working on a lease deal for a 2013 ML Bluetech, and it looks like it will not be completed before December. The lease will be for 24 Months and 10k/yr. I understand that the November buy rate/residuals are .0016 and 72%. I just want to make sure that I have the numbers for December when they come out, because those are the ones that will ultimately apply to my lease.

So...... when you have them, will you please post the December buy rate MF and residual for a 24 month and 10K/year lease for a 2013 ML Bluetech.

Thanks in advance.
    Just completed the lease a few hours ago. Palladium with P1 and lane tracking MRSP $55945 and cap cost of 49795 with bank fee, dealer fee, and $300 administrative fee added to the lease agreement. Deal was 30 month at 12,000 miles a year. With tax $730.38 a month and only $1040.38 down. I went with 30 month for lower payment compared to 24 month and hope the lease pull ahead deal is available 2 years from now hence really a 24 month lease. I believe this was the best deal I could get as ML 350 is a hot vehicle. I hope this is helpful for others on the site and I am open to any feedback
  • I am looking for a quote on a 2013 ML 350 4Matic. What is a good discount for this car. I have a quote for 10% off MSRP.
    Does anyone have the money factor and residual for 24 or 36 month lease with 15k miles per year?
This discussion has been closed.