Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz S-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• richzrichz Posts: 125
    Does anyone know of Mercedes forums that have discussion of current pricing like Bimmerfest.com has for BMWs? Basically somewhere to see what people are paying that is more active than here. Thanks.
    Can someone please give me the money factor and residual for the 2008 S550 4Matic? I have the numbers for the 2009 model but I'm wondering how much different the residual is for the 2008 model.

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi richz. Mercedes is not leasing 2008 models any longer. If you really want to lease an S550, you will have to go with a 2009 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Maybe they were when I asked the question :). Thanks for the response though.
  • how did u work a deal like this? i went today and could not get a 2010 under 1700 with 3500 down. any advise? :confuse:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,485
    The post you replied to was made in April, 2008.

Which might have something to do with the price he paid.. ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Thats great ! Ooops a bit behind. :-) LOL :D
  • I need change my fuel pump is there an ez way of doin that :sick:

I have a 2000 s500 :confuse:
  • moetmoet Posts: 8
    your best bet would be the forums on mbworld or benzworld dot org. They may give you better suggestions....
  • As far as I know the fuel pump is located in the gas tank intself. I would not mess with that at all !!!!! You have to dreop the tank disassemble all the lines, and mess around in the gas tank. Not a fun or safe project.
  • Carman,

Do you know the rates for the 2010 s550 4matic 36 months 12k miles in new jersey?

thanks
  • gs451gs451 Posts: 19
    Hi,
    My mom is looking to get into a new S-class. She is 2 months shy of finishing her lease with BMW. We want the car to have the most safety features so Driver Assistance with Pre-Safe is something we would want to have.

Was wondering what the current rates are and if there are any 2009's available would it be better to go with that? Would there be more flexibility with lease rates on the S400 or would the S550 be better in that regard?

We are looking to lease for 24months-39 months with 12k miles a year and $3500 drive off. What payments would we be looking at if we were to go for it now or as opposed to April....or better yet, what time of year would be best to find a deal on this type of vehicle?

Also, we are in Orange County and have dealt with House of Imports in Buena Park in the past. Are there any other recommendations? Just looking for the best deal possible...

Sorry for the plethora of questions, but I'm hopeful that you guys would be of help!

Best Regards!
  • Hi carnut12. Here's the info that you're looking for. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 S550 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00239 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi gs451. Mercedes isn't providing lease support on 2009 models any longer. So if your mother really wants to lease her new MB, she definitely will have to go with a 2010 model.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 S550 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00263 and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 S400 are .00227 and 54%.

I would bee happy to work up a couple of sample lease payments on these cars for you if you provide me with their full MSRPs and dealer invoice prices as your mother wants them equipped. You can find that data over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man,
    Basically the car's MSRP is:
    $98,945

and the invoice is
    $92,080

This is for an S550 with the Driver Assistance Package and the Premium 2 Package.
    I've noticed it is hard to find a car with the Driver Assistance Package, why is it? Would this affect the negotiating power with the car (i.e. since this is such a rare package, would dealers not be so flexible with discounting)?

Thanks for any help.
    Hi Car_Man,

If we consider the S400 it will have the following:
    Invoice: $89,970
    MSRP: $96,675

Also, sorry I know this is off-topic, but Edmunds had done a review on the S400 breaks and said that Driver Assistance was required. With driver assistance, do the breaks seem safer?

Just looking for the safest car possible.

Thanks again!
  • If the dealer has to order the vehicle or locate the car in your area it will definitely damage your negotiating power. It really depends what area of the country you are looking in? I would check your pricing on this S550 the MSRP on a non P2 S class should be right around 96,000 USD.
    Hi Car_Man,
    What figures did you come up with on the S400 and S550?

Thanks
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    Hi, ur actually looking for an E class as well? Which I assume is for yourself? :confuse:
    Hi,
    We are considering the E-Class as well.

Car-Man, do you have the rates?
    Thanks for the additional information, gs451. The more flexible you are in terms of options, the better bargaining position you are in. You aren't necessarily going to have trouble negotiating an attractive deal on a car that has a specific set of options, but it won't help.

Let's work up a sample payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 S550 2WD that has an MSRP of $98,945 and a selling price of $93,580 ($1,500 over invoice) through Mercedes-Benz financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $1,552.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the payment on the S400, gs451.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 S400 that has an MSRP of $96,675 and a selling price of $91,470 through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $1,417.

I am not familiar with Edmunds' review of this car so I can't help you out there. Sorry.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,

What is the MB financial March lease money factor for S400, 3 years, 12000 miles/year?

Also, heard the MB Financial lease acquisition fee went up to $1195 from $795?

Thanks.
    Greetings hybridman1. Here;s the information that you're looking for. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 S400 with 12,000 miles per year are .00227 and 54%, respectively.

I bet that the person who told you that MB Financial's acquisition fee increased to $1,195 was a dealer. I say this because the official fee is still $795, but dealers are allowed to mark it up by a couple hundred dollars to pad deals.

Car_man
    Host
  • samspansamspan Posts: 1
    Carman, Mercedes is having their "summer event" and are offerring what appears to be a subsidized lease..

1399 /month for a 2010 s550 with the P2 package msrp 96000, but it requires 4400 in down payments. is this really a supported lease by mercedes ? is it a good deal for that msrp?
    Hi samspan. Mercedes is indeed providing lease support on the 2010 S550. In fact, it enhanced its lease program on this car for July. It is now advertising a payment of $1,299 per month on this car. This payment assumes a dealer discount of $2,995. Given the fact that this car probably has a spread of around $6,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price, there is a decent chance that you would be able to negotiate a lower selling price than this, and in turn a lower monthly payment, if you comparison shop some.

As fas as this car's lease program goes, Mercedes-Benz Financial's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a S550 RWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00179 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • storm10storm10 Posts: 175
    Right now, in July, is by far the best leasing program on S400 Hybrid. You can get your payment about $300 lower per month than S550, plus save a lot of money on gas. This car has exactly the same dimensions as S550 and have plenty of power.

The only other Hybrid in this class is Lexus LS600h, but it does not really compete against Benz. You can see the competition between these models here: Mercedes-Benz S400 Hybrid vs. Lexus LS600h Hybrid. This model offers Luxury and Economy at the same time.
  • Dealer claims that for S-class Mercedes offers either .0017 lease factor or 10K dealer cash - but not both, saying that this is set by Mercedes and not them. Is this true?
  • Hi ellens1. Unfortunately, what you were told is correct. Mercedes does not allow the $10,000 dealer cash to be combined with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
    A reporter wants to talk with someone who is deciding between a new Lexus, BMW and/or Mercedes. Please email pr@edmunds.com asap with your daytime contact info, your city and state, and the vehicle models currently under your consideration.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.