Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercury Mountaineer Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• I am curious whether I am getting a decent deal or not.

Leasing an AWD 2008 Mountaineer with the following equipment: (a) Comfort package (heated leather with memory); (b) 3d row seat package; (c) Sync voice; (d) Running boards; and (e) Crossbars for the roof rails.

Lease term: 36 months / Lease miles: 12k a year

Lease price: $435 (true sign and drive -- all fees, taxes, etc. rolled in).

Other local dealers could not match and trying to see how good of a deal this is. Trying to figure out whether to go with this truck (seems like the best priced in this category -- nothing else came close except for stripped down Pilot) or a car (like a Camry SE, for $315 a month - sign and drive).

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.
  • I lease a Mercury Mountaineer, There is a problem with a module and ford is not letting people know about it. I lost the use of it for 3 weeks and they will not me any satisfaction. Their Customer service is Horrible. FORD PUT OUT A LETTER TO SERVICE DEPARTMENTS, BUT DID NOT NOT NOTIFY LEASSEES OR OWNERS. 9,100 miles on this truck. I'm afraid to drive it. Been is 3 times for same problem.

Sal
  • I lease a Mercury Mountaineer, There is a problem with a module and ford is not letting people know about it. I lost the use of it for 3 weeks and they will not give me any satisfaction. Their Customer service is Horrible. FORD PUT OUT A LETTER TO SERVICE DEPARTMENTS, BUT DID NOT NOT NOTIFY LEASSEES OR OWNERS. 9,100 miles on this truck. I'm afraid to drive it. Been in the service dept. 3 times for same problem. Anyone with this truck should checxk this out. Has anyone experinced this problem. Engine Dragging and Bucking.
    Corrected from last message

Sal
  • Is this site still active

Sal
  • My 36-month,15K miles per year, lease on a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer is coming to an end in December. The Mercury is in good condition and has ~39K miles on it.

I'd like to either buy the Mountaineer or a different CPO vehicle. I'm leaning toward returning the Mercury and just buying a different CPO vehicle in order to get a vehicle with a slightly smaller profile and better gas mileage. On my short-list are the used Toyota RAV-4 and used Subaru Forester.

The buy-out price on the contract for the Mountaineer is just under TMV value, so it seems like a good deal. But, I don't feel as confident in the long term reliability of the vehicle and I'm not in love with the gas mileage. However, if I got a good deal, I would be inclined to keep the Mountaineer since I know its history. I don't imagine I can get them to negotiate on the buy-out price since its below TMV. Are there any other options such as a low finance rate? I plan to put down around $8K toward whatever I end up getting.

My Mountaineer lease is my first leasing experience. I'm anxious about possible surprise charges if I try to return the vehicle back. I bought the additional wear and tear coverage that gives me an additional $2500 in leeway. But, I still worry that if they find out I plan to return the car, they'll scrutinize and charge me for anything and everything imaginable. I know this is likely me being paranoid since as I mention the vehicle is in good condition.

How much of any of this should I share with the lease people when I call to discuss setting up the vehicle inspection and discussing lease end options?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
    Crickets
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,442
    Check out the edge awd. If you lease keep the 8k in the moneymarket and put zero down. Pay the extra monthly payment out of the 8k --- you protect yourself if the car is totaled. Ford has ok rates on leases.
  • Well - I wasn't really looking to lease again. I'd really prefer to buy either a used CPO or the Mountaineer. Any thoughts that don't involve re-leasing?
    Absolutely buy new. Nice low mileage cars are going for insane prices. What kind of vehicle are you interested in and price range?
  • Had the following of vehicles on my short list:

Toyota RAV-4
    Subaru Forester
    Ford Escape
    Honda CR-V

But was thinking I'd have to buy used in order to stay around $20K
    Maybe not -- click on my name and go to my carspace and request we be friends. I can help you check them out -- don't know if this forum is for car shopping.
    Do you need awd? If fwd is ok then you probably find something decent at 20k. Go to overstock .com and click on autos. Put in your zip and click on bargains. Saw a base 09 crv for around 20k in my area. They give you dealers who honor the price. Kia rondo is rated well. There are 09's of your model preferences around at prices around 20k.2010 4wd escape base for 21500. 09 should be less. Kia rondo ex at 19500 nicely equipped lx base like 17k. Lots of choices -- have fun.
  • Thanks very helpful!

So, you agree that I'm better off buying another car rather than buying the mountaineer at lease end (e.g. buying something different in order to lower overall operating costs is better deal)?
  • The lease contract says $17,300 for a buyout of the 07 Mountaineer. Will Ford Credit take less?
  • gibbytdoggibbytdog Posts: 1
    I have having a hard time finding a good comparison between the base, the luxury and premier model, as I am buying itn the next couple days. Some abses seem they have more stuff on it then a luxury? Is it just the available options?

From what I gather the base model does not have heated seat or the running boards
    I have no idea what the premier ads that the luxury does not have.

Looking at a 2005 Convenience V6 roof rack etc, 2006 Luxury but no 4wd option( i thought you could switch into 4wd or is that only on the explorers?) and a full loaded 2007 Premier.

Any help or if you have a reference site with a good comparison please post!

Thanks,
2»
This discussion has been closed.