Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINI Cooper Lease Questions

Comments

• skobolaskobola Posts: 207
    This is kind of unsettling that there is no consensus for this. In addition, I have missed to specify again that I was looking for numbers for Mini Cooper S Convertible with 10k miles per year. The dealer that I contacted through Zag told me that MC S Convert. in March has a special promotion and that it has the residual of 55% and the money factor .00210 for 36 months, which otherwise was 54% and .00230. Unfortunately, these numbers give a payment of about $500 per month for a $30k car, which I find ridiculous, as the monthly lease payment for a $40k BMW 128i Convertible would be about $10-20 less. To me it appears that neither BMW nor Mini are that desperate to sell cars, which, I guess, is good for them but bad for us (buyers). Well...
  • phanspephanspe Posts: 1
    I'm about to close on a lease for a 2011 Cooper and was hoping to get feedback on whether I'm getting a good deal.

3 year/10k

Selling Price: $21,550 (MSRP: $22850)

Residual: 68%

Money Factor .0017

Thanks!
  • Hi Car_man,

What is the money factor and residual for a Mini Cooper Countryman (not S) 15k 36 months?

Thanks,
  • pdc3pdc3 Posts: 1
    Dear Car Man,

Could you please tell me the April lease money factor and residual value for a

2011 Mini Cooper Hardtop
    36 months
    12K and 15K

Many thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Greetings airecken1. Not surprisingly, Mini is not currently providing any lease support on the Countryman. As a result, if you were to lease one through its captive finance company, you will have to use its standard lease program. I believe that its standard money factors vary by region, but they should be around .00200.

The 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Countryman with 15,000 miles per year is 61%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I'd be happy to help you out, pdc3. Mini's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Mini Cooper Hardtop with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • zoomer121zoomer121 Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a Mini Clubman.10k lease 3 year.Price of vechicle msrp is $23550.00
    Adjusted cap cost is $21550 .L.E.V. is 69%, money fact sell rate .0024 total sales tax $925.00.
    Dealer is asking for $3410.00down monthlly payment $237.96( this includes the tax and all fees).
    Is this a good deal or should I travel 150 miles to price another Mini.

Thanks in advance
  • bmwi6bmwi6 Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Can you tell me what the lease rates are for may 2011 on a cooper hardtop, cooper s hardtop, and john cooper works hardtop with 15k a year. 36 months. Thank you so much.
  • bbkg79bbkg79 Posts: 7
    Good morning Car Man and everyone, I'm looking for lease figures on the 2011 Countryman and Countryman S in the 36/15k bracket?
  • I am also looking for the buy-rate on the 2011 Mini Cooper S Hardtop. I was at the dealership yesterday and feel like I got the run-around because they would not tell me what the current buy-rate is for the money factor. It is my understanding that it was .00170 in April on the same model. Did it change for May or remain the same? I intend to do a 36 month lease with 12k miles per year and I want to ensure that I am getting a good deal. Thank you in advance.
  • jaylibjaylib Posts: 1
    Hello Car Man.
    Looking for lease figures for 2011 Countryman S (MSRP $30,200). Planning on a 36 Month with 12K miles per year. Thanks
  • azkals911azkals911 Posts: 4
    Hey Car Man

Could you please tell me the May lease money factor and residual value for a

2011 Mini Cooper Hardtop
    36 months
    12K and 15K.

The website has a $199 promotion with 2799 due at signing. Is this any good?
    Hi bmwi6. Mini's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cooper Hardtop with 15,000 miles per year are 00170 and 65%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Cooper S Hardtop are .00180 and 57%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a John Cooper Works Hardtop are .00185 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings bbkg79. Mini is not currently providing any lease support on the Countryman, which as I understand is selling very well. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mini's captive finance company, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. I believe that this number varies by region, but it should be between .00185 and .00200.

Mini's current residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Countryman with 15,000 miles per year is 60%.

The residual for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Countryman S is 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Caribbeanblue, Mini's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mini Cooper S Hardtop with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jaylib. Mini is not currently providing any lease support on the Countryman, which as I understand is selling very well. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mini's captive finance company, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. I believe that this number varies by region, but it should be between .00185 and .00200.

Mini's current residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Countryman S with 12,000 miles per year is 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, azkals911.

Mini's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mini Cooper Hardtop with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jquiltyjquilty Posts: 6
    Hi Car_Man,
    I'm looking for the June 2011lease rates on a Mini Hardtop, 3 years 12k and 15k.
    Thanks
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jquilty. Mini's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mini Cooper Hardtop with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jquiltyjquilty Posts: 6
    edited June 2011
    Just completed lease on 2011 Mini Hardtop w auto, premium package , bluetooth and center armrest.
    $280.02/ 36 mo/ 12KPY/ $23850- MSRP

Out of pocket:
    1st payment $280.02
    Sec deposit 300.00
    Dealer doc fee 249.00
    On line reg fee 7.50
    Tire tax 7.50
    Bank fee 725.00
    Reg fee 252.50 (3 years)
    Money down 1000.00
    Tax on money down 70.00
    _______
    Total $2891.52

Money factor .0017
    Residual $15979.50 (67%)

We bought in Monmouth County, NJ. Needed the car in a specific color and within a week of our first visit to dealer. In order to get the color we had to take a car with more options than we would have wanted. They found it in Georgia and it's arriving tomorrow (2 days late, but still pretty good). Dealer was helpful, but made it clear as soon as I tried to negotiate, that they aren't willing to deal at all on price due to low inventory and high demand (especially automatics). Thank you Car_man for the leasing rates. They helped me shave almost $20/month off the original monthly cost they quoted.
  • Is the bank fee standard? I talked to one dealer who quoted the $725 and another who quoted $925?

Also - did they charge you for shipping the car from Georgia? I have a dealer trying to charge me for that....
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,248
    $725 is the base fee... BMWFS allows dealers to mark it up by $200 (Dealer keeps 70%, BMWFS gets the rest..)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• apdspiderapdspider Posts: 28
    What is the RV and MF for a 2011 Convert MSRP $28000? What should I expect my payments to be? I was given by the dealer $3K down (includes some Cap cost ded...not much) and a payment of $499 plus tax.

Thanks
  • prgcoopsprgcoops Posts: 1
    Car Man,

Can you tell me the June money factor and residual value or a Clubman S, 36 month, 15k

Thank you
    Greetings apdspider. Mini's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Mini Cooper Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 53%.

This car's payment will depend upon what its selling price is. At full MSRP, you're looking at a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $443. A $500 discount would lower the payment to $428. A $1,000 discount to $414.

Something's clearly wrong with the payment that you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go prgcoops. Mini's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Clubman S with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • hey Car Man & Kyfdx!

July is here - and i can't wait to hear if there are any promotions announced for Mini Cooper S Convertibles?!!

Also, do you know what the current Buy Rate money factor is?

I am looking to lease an Ice Blue Mini Cooper S Convertible with a black top. Upgrades I'm looking for are: polar beige leather interior, convenience package, premium package, automatic transmission.

What do you think my odds are for finding this on the lot somewhere?? I would love to get it now rather than custom order and wait 3 months (my car is on the verge of dying, so that is why).

Finally - where can I find a current (and accurate!) invoice price?

Thank you SO VERY MUCH in advance - I am thrilled to finally be taking steps to getting my DREAM CAR - and i just want to make sure i'm doing it right!! :o)
  • Can you tell me the July residual and money factor for a 2011 Hardtop S with 15,000 miles, 36 months.

Thanks!
  • hey car man! HELP!!!!

i've been told i cannot order a 2011 convertible mini with auto tran - and that i HAVE to order a 2012. i want to put in a lease order, but nobody has Money Factor numbers they can offer me officially - can you post here if you find out the MFS base rate money factor for the new 2012 convertible S cooper? thanks so much!!!
  • vc_bklynvc_bklyn Posts: 1
    Hello Car Man,

Is there any info yet on money factor and residual for 2012 models? Looking to lease a new Clubman w/ auto for 36 mo 12K/ year
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.