Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINI Cooper Lease Questions

Comments

• Trying to purchase this car. MSRP is $30,650.00, sales person said he will let me have it at $28,800.00 plus tax and license. Good deal?? Dealer is in So Cal.
  • Hey guys,
    I am becoming interested in leasing a Mini Clubman S or S JCW, I assume I would order the car since there's so many customizations. My credit score is 800+ and have a long credit history with BMWFS. I would be ridding of a 2010 135i to get into the mini.
    With that said,
    could you provide some MF and Residual information on the clubman S/JCW that I could use before I walk into the showroom? (assuming 12kmiles/y)
    Thank you so much for your help,
    Jorge
  • You're very welcome bajafresh. Good job at negotiating. You are correct, MB Finance's 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi joof007. Mini's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a lease of a 2012 base Cooper Hardtop with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and an amazing 69%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi ontheedge2. Mini's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Countryman S with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 59%.

It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is attempting to mark up both this vehicle's money factor and its acquisition fee, which should only be $725.

Car_man
    Host
  • ldodbldodb Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    Car Man does this sound like a good deal ? If not what should I push for.

2012 Cooper S HT
    MSRP: 34,500
    Selling Price is $32,002
    Lease for 36 month, 12,000 miles per year with just drive off of $820.41
    Monthly Payment is $419.41 plus tax
    Monthly Payment including tax is $456.02

Quoted : .00180, residual is 61% and bank fee is $725

Whats is the current MF and residuals on a 36 MO lease / 12 M on both the cooper s ht and coupe ?
  • I'm leasing a mini cooper with mini connect w nav and sunroof - MSRP 24,700 + 700 destination fee. I'm doing $0 down, 36mo, $15k miles and my drive off is $1610 and payments of $314/mo. Does this seem high? My credit is about 720. What is the residual and money factor so I can figure out if we're on target or I'm being overcharged?

I'm a first time leaser here, any other tips?
  • Also I'm in the Los Angeles area if that helps at all...
  • I have absolutely no idea how to negotiate a lease....would appreciate any help!

2012 Cooper S Hardtop in Houston, TX. How do I know what the cap cost is with the options I would like? What is the residual value for a 36 month lease with 10,000 miles / year. And what would the money factor be with a high credit rating?

Many thanks!!
  • timmbojtimmboj Posts: 123
    Hi Car_Man

Have the March MFs and residuals changed much for a 2012 Countryman S AWD.

24-Month and 36-Month each with 12K miles per year

Thank you.
  • kerbkerb Posts: 88
    Greetings CarMan:

Could you kindly provide me with the March buy rate and residual for a 36 month/10k lease. Additionally, are you aware of any rebates/incentives? As always, thanks for your unparalleled assistance.
  • pilotman5pilotman5 Posts: 20
    Hi, can you please post the current money factor and residual for a 15k mile per year lease on a 2012 Mini Clubman S?

Thank you!

Brandon
  • ihitcowsihitcows Posts: 45
    Seconded. 36-month lease for myself.
    Please and thank you.

Also, does the 0.0003 reduction in money factor or $1,000 cap reduction for MINI loyalty apply as it does for BMW loyalty?
    Double thanks.
    ihitcows,

Are you a returning MINI customer? I have a BMW 328 lease ending within 60 days and was quoted an owner's loyalty discount (OLP) of around 0.0003 on a new BMW lease.

I'm guessing this is not transferable if I get a MINI, even though its owned by BMW....????

I am also interested in a 36 month lease, and am cross shopping the Clubman S with VW GTI.

Are MINI dealers discounting at all on cars sitting on the lot and/or ordered cars?

Finally, does MINI allow multiple security deposits?

Thanks
  • ihitcowsihitcows Posts: 45
    Hiya.
    I just talked with my salesman. I have a MINI and a BMW lease, and he said that neither the 0.0003 MF reduction nor the $1,000 cap reduction apply.

I'm looking at the GTI, too.

I don't know if they're discounting. Probably depends a little on how you talk and to whom you're talking.

I don't know if they allow multiple security deposits.

Car_man! Sup?
    edited March 2012
    thanks for checking on these issues ihitcows

Guess we will wait to hear from the mods for the MF and residuals.

BMW lets you do up to 7 security deposits for a MF reduction of 0.00049, which on an average $400 lease payment can save you $20-$40 a month in interest, and of course you get it all back at the end, less damage and excessive wear and tear of course.
    Quote from my salesperson:

2012 Mini Clubman S, 36 month lease

Base MF is .00160 and RV is 59% for 12k and 57% for 15k

Anyone else able to confirm?
    also, fyi, I am being told base MF rates are very hard to come by, and that they are typically marked up from .0016 to .0020, but my sales person should be able to convince finance to hit .0018.

I can further reduce this to .00131 by using 7 multiple security deposits if I want.
  • ramblrramblr Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Do you have the MF and RV for the Cooper Base HT, in the Los Angeles area? I'm looking for a 36mo/45k miles lease.

Thanks.
  • nyc_engnyc_eng Posts: 7
    Hi Car_Man. I am also looking for the MF and residual for a Mini Cooper, 36months 10,000miles/yr

Thanks!
    Greetings Car_Man:

As I plan to take delivery of the car in less than a week, could you kindly provide me with the March buy rate and residual for a 36 month/10k lease. Additionally, are you aware of any rebates/incentives? As always, thanks for your unparalleled assistance.

Best Regards.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    HI timmboj. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Countryman S AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey kerb. Mini's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Hardtop S with 10,000 miles per year are .00170 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pilotman5. Mini's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Clubman S with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Ihitcows, I don't believe that Mini is currently providing any loyalty offers on the Cooper right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • nyc_engnyc_eng Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please post the MF & residual for a Cooper. 36months 10k/yr. A friend is in the middle of negotiations and we are trying to figure out if they are giving her a good deal.

Thank you very much!!!
    Hi ramblr. According to the latest information that I have seen, Mini Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Hardtop with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 65%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey nyc_eng. Mini Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Hardtop with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and 68%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey kerb. Mini Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Hardtop S with 10,000 miles per year are .00170 and 63%, respectively.

Mini is currently providing a $500 "You-ification" incentive on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Excellent, thx. again Car_Man!!!
This discussion has been closed.