Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINI Cooper Lease Questions

Comments

• robertvrobertv Posts: 33
    Please forgive me for being clueless with this because its going to sound like the same question as everyone else's but my recent lease quote seems absurd. I configured a Countryman All4 at about $31k and requested a lease quote with $2,500 down, 10k miles at 36mo. I was given a price of $490/mo. Is that even close to being right??? I currently have a lease on a BMW X3 that was priced at $39k, 36 mo, 12k and I put $3,000 down and pay $460/mo. How in the world is a car that's $8k less, 2k miles less per year going to be MORE than what I pay now for the X3???

Am I just clueless and can't see how this is accurate?

Thanks for your help!
  • robertvrobertv Posts: 33
    I went back to the deal and I got a better price but still seem way high. Here are some deals:

Cap $29,550
    Down: $2000
    Residual: 63%
    MF: .00365
    Monthly: $448

Forgive my ignorance but .00365??? Is that not ridiculous?
  • skobolaskobola Posts: 207
    edited March 2011
    It appears that both BMW and Mini are not desperate to sell cars. I was pretty much in the same situation, but comparing the BMW 128i convertible and mini S Convertible, with MSRPs $39.9K and $29.9K respectively, where Bimmer came to be $500 and Mini $535. Not that the Bimmer is a deal neither, but compared to Mini, it certainly is. Though, I found the Mini to be a bat from hell, very entertaining car! I believe that the best way is to go through eBay and ask for lease quotes.
    edited March 2011
    What are the MF and residuals for Cooper S onvertible for March 2011? Are there any incentives for current BMW leasees or otherwise? How much is the acquisition fee? How long does it take for the car to arrive on east Coast if it will be ordered? Thank you in advance.
    How much is the acquisition fee? it appears that Mini is keeping a tight grip on all of the information, as I could not get it anywhere, even by searching on the web. And it appears that it takes pretty long time to even get the answers here. Am I missing something? Please, let me know.
  • roadrageeroadragee Posts: 37
    Acquisition fee is $925. ($725 + $200 dealer mark up)
    Roadrage, do you know what is the money factor and residuals for 10k miles per year, both 24 and 36 months, or anything in between. Is there a web site that tells these? To me, it is amazing that the lease of a Mini Cooper S Convertible, which comes to be about $30k car, is more than BMW 128 Convertible, which comes to be about $49k car, and it is leased byu the same company!
  • roadrageeroadragee Posts: 37
    "Mini's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cooper Convertible S with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. "

Info according to Car_Man. You might want to search the previous threads as it might have the exact information you are looking for, even if it may not be current

Mini S models are not lease friendly it seems.
    Roadragee, thank you. I have already asked Car_Man on 3/12, however, he had not responded... probably on a break or alike. I assume that 10k miles would then be 57%.
  • ardtardt Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    "Mini's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cooper Convertible S with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. "

I've been going off of those numbers too, but a dealer told me in March the figures were 54% residual with 0.0022 money factor.

Is Car_Man a dealer? Can I lease from him? :blush: I like his numbers WAY better!
    This is kind of unsettling that there is no consensus for this. In addition, I have missed to specify again that I was looking for numbers for Mini Cooper S Convertible with 10k miles per year. The dealer that I contacted through Zag told me that MC S Convert. in March has a special promotion and that it has the residual of 55% and the money factor .00210 for 36 months, which otherwise was 54% and .00230. Unfortunately, these numbers give a payment of about $500 per month for a $30k car, which I find ridiculous, as the monthly lease payment for a $40k BMW 128i Convertible would be about $10-20 less. To me it appears that neither BMW nor Mini are that desperate to sell cars, which, I guess, is good for them but bad for us (buyers). Well...
  • phanspephanspe Posts: 1
    I'm about to close on a lease for a 2011 Cooper and was hoping to get feedback on whether I'm getting a good deal.

3 year/10k

Selling Price: $21,550 (MSRP: $22850)

Residual: 68%

Money Factor .0017

Thanks!
  • Hi Car_man,

What is the money factor and residual for a Mini Cooper Countryman (not S) 15k 36 months?

Thanks,
  • pdc3pdc3 Posts: 1
    Dear Car Man,

Could you please tell me the April lease money factor and residual value for a

2011 Mini Cooper Hardtop
    36 months
    12K and 15K

Many thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Greetings airecken1. Not surprisingly, Mini is not currently providing any lease support on the Countryman. As a result, if you were to lease one through its captive finance company, you will have to use its standard lease program. I believe that its standard money factors vary by region, but they should be around .00200.

The 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Countryman with 15,000 miles per year is 61%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    I'd be happy to help you out, pdc3. Mini's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Mini Cooper Hardtop with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • zoomer121zoomer121 Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a Mini Clubman.10k lease 3 year.Price of vechicle msrp is $23550.00
    Adjusted cap cost is $21550 .L.E.V. is 69%, money fact sell rate .0024 total sales tax $925.00.
    Dealer is asking for $3410.00down monthlly payment $237.96( this includes the tax and all fees).
    Is this a good deal or should I travel 150 miles to price another Mini.

Thanks in advance
  • bmwi6bmwi6 Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Can you tell me what the lease rates are for may 2011 on a cooper hardtop, cooper s hardtop, and john cooper works hardtop with 15k a year. 36 months. Thank you so much.
  • bbkg79bbkg79 Posts: 5
    Good morning Car Man and everyone, I'm looking for lease figures on the 2011 Countryman and Countryman S in the 36/15k bracket?
  • I am also looking for the buy-rate on the 2011 Mini Cooper S Hardtop. I was at the dealership yesterday and feel like I got the run-around because they would not tell me what the current buy-rate is for the money factor. It is my understanding that it was .00170 in April on the same model. Did it change for May or remain the same? I intend to do a 36 month lease with 12k miles per year and I want to ensure that I am getting a good deal. Thank you in advance.