Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINI Cooper Lease Questions

Comments

• kerbkerb Posts: 86
    edited February 2012
    Greetings Car Man:

Upon opportunity, could you kindly provide the February buy rate and residuals for the following terms:

24 months and 10K miles;
    24 months and 12K miles;
    36 months and 10K miles; and
    36 months and 12K miles.

Additionally, kindly provide the acquisition fee.

Best Regards,

Steve
  • Hi hypnotics. According to the latest information that I have seen, Mini Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Countryman with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hd8, according to the latest information that I have seen Mini Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Hardtop S with 10,000 miles per year are .00180 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello adc2. Mini Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mini Countryman Cooper S All4 with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'd be happy to help you out Steve. I believe that Mini is only supporting 36-month leases right now. While it would technically be possible to do a 24-month lease, the 36-month term would probably provide the much better deal.

Mini Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Hardtop S with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Mini charges a base acquisition fee of $725 on ever vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • amiramir Posts: 93
    i want your opinions folks on this deal i have been offered
    mini cooper base hardtop
    msrp $32400 fully loaded
    selling price $30300
    0 down payment
    min drive off with only bank fee $725 up front
    36m/15k miles
    money factor .00101 since i am doing 7msd (multiple sec deposit fully refundable)
    residual value 66%
    monthly payment $301 plus ca tax 8.75 = $326.00

is this a good deal
    edited February 2012
    i think you can do better
    my dealer gave me the deal as follows
    $32400 msrp
    $30200 selling price
    no money down. only min drive off and bank fee
    MF .00101 since i am doinf 7 multiple sec dep
    residual 66%
    monthly payment $301 plus tax = $327

the standard mf for feb is .00150
    your dealer is marking up 20 base points on MF . if your credit is tier 1 then you should get .00150 not .00170..
    Sounds like you have an excellent deal. Would you mind posting the name of the Dealer.

Thanks.
  • bajafreshbajafresh Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    Hi Car_man,

I'd love it if you could take a look at this deal for me. I am looking at a 2012 base Mini Cooper hardtop manual, MSRP 25,000 + 700 destination. The dealer has so far agreed to a $500 option credit and a $750 dealer credit. 1st payment, security deposit and aquisition fee are waived per the "$0 to Motor" lease special. Selling price is currently 24,550, but we are still going back and forth about taking another $250 off of the sale price.

It is a 36-month, 12K-mile lease, and I was quoted a residual of 68% (seems great) and a money factor of 0.00232 (very high compared to the 0.00150 I have seen elsewhere on this forum). The dealer has told me that when MINI waives the acquisition fee, it raises the MF, but they would still be profiting by about $550 on a 3-year lease.

Could you please advise on the MINI financial February hardtop lease money factor, and is this dealer marking it up? If the money factor can be brought in line, does this seem like a good deal?

Thanks!
  • ldodbldodb Posts: 4
    Amir,
    Is this a hardtop S ? Based on the 32400 thats what it looks like.
    Its exactly what I am looking for.
    Can you let me know what dealer and who to speak with to get this deal ?

Regards.
    no its a Base model. the residual value for S is 7% less and Mf is 30 base points higher so i decided to get the cooper base instead and i got every option there is on it lol. including JCW package ,and leather.
    cooper S is not a good lease at the moment. even with basic options at $28500 the cooper S can exceed $400 a month.
  • ldodbldodb Posts: 4
    I see that makes sense.
    What dealer did you go to ?
    Does the S ever become a decent option to lease?
    the S is better for just purchase at the moment. even if the residual gets better by 2% next month still the base hardtop is the way to go. you can put optional sport suspension, john cooper works pkg which has sexy challenge spoke rims and the body kit which makes it look a step above the S since it gives the car the john cooper works look. and i believe that with this set up its just as fun as the S - the turbo lag. it will handle better than an S with those rims and stiff sport suspension.
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    Base model: 121 hp, 114 ft/lbs, 0-60 8.4 sec
    S model: 181 hp, 177 ft/pbs, 0-60 6.6 sec

Putting the JCW APPEARANCE items on a base model not going to make it a fast car. I would spend my money on the real stuff and not the for show stuff :)
    Greetings Amir,

It is apparent that you have done your homework as your figures concur with mine. Would you kindly post the name of the Dealer who provided you with your deal?

Thanks.
    I agree with you on Cooper S being a better car but it's not for leasing . It's payment exceeds $400 with some nice options and that puts the car into the ultimate driving machine territory (BMW). currently I have a 128i convertable with all options and its 439 including tax for a 12k/36m min drive off lease .
  • Hi bajafresh. A $750 dealer discount is so-so, not bad but not great either. The money factor that you were quoted is way too high. You should be getting the .00150 that you've seen mentioned here, assuming that your credit is in good shape.

Car_man
    Host
  • bajafreshbajafresh Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    Thanks Car_man!

I've been able to get the discount to $1450 ($500 option credit, $1050 from the dealer), and they agreed to the normal money factor and acq. fee. Would you mind reviewing their proposed 'final' deal please? Also, could you confirm a 66% residual on this car if we go to 15,000 miles/year? Thanks!

268.61 per month
    12k miles per year
    36 month term
    68% residual
    0.00150 money factor
    725 acquisition fee +tax (paid up front)
    836.55 due at signing (acq fee, first month payment less 249, title, license plate transfer, registration paid up front)
    MSRP 25700
    Cap cost 24150.74
    1049.26 discount from dealer & 500 from MINI = 1549.26 total discount
  • Hi Car_man:

I'm looking at a base Cooper hard-top on a 10K per year, 3 year lease. From the messages above I see that the money factor for February is 0.00150. However, can you provide me with the residual value?

Thanks!
  • Hi Car Man,
    I found a Countryman S with Auto and the Bench seat configuration. Can you tell me what the MF and Residual are for California on 12k/yr 36 month lease? I'm being quoted for top tier credit a .00230 MF and 59% Residual with 925 Acquisition fee. The dealer said that Mini Financial does not do multiple security deposits to lower the mf. Dealer is discounting car $500 off of MSRP.

Thanks in advance (you saved me some dough on my BMW lease.)
This discussion has been closed.