Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINI Cooper Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car Man,

I would like to know the money factor and residual for a 2013 Mini Cooper S Convertible for:

for 24 months/12k miles a year

-and-

for 36 months/15k miles a year.

Thank you!
  • Hi Car_Man,

Can you please provide the March money factor and residual for a 2013 Hardtop S manual transmission for a 36 month/12k mile per year?

Been quoted a .00195 money factor which seems a bit steep.

Thanks!
  • hs2000hs2000 Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I would like to know the money factor and residual for a 2013 Mini Cooper S Convertible

for 36 months/10k miles a year.

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi sluurrpee3. Your suspicion was correct, that money factor is a little high. Mini's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Hardtop S with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 65% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go hs2000. Mini's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cooper S Convertible with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • herro91herro91 Posts: 10
    edited March 2013
    Hello Car_man,

Could also provide the MF and residual for March for the 2013 Cooper S convertible for 12k and 15k miles per year?

Thank you.
  • Hi Car_man,

About ready to order, but getting conflicting info. Dealer says the residual is 62% for 3 year, 12k miles per year on the Hardtop S model and that the 65% residual is for non S model. Can you confirm?

Also getting push back on the money factor? Dealer is holding strong at .00195, but you mention it is .0016. Can you confirm the money factor for 2013 Hardtop S model since the two numbers are so different?

Thanks!
    Hi herro91. Mini's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cooper S Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sluurrpee3. The residual values that you were quoted are right on the money.

The buy rate lease money factor is .00160 on the Hardtop and .00155 on the S Hardtop. If your credit is in good shape and the dealer quotes you anything higher than that they are attempting to mark your car's money factor up to add additional, hidden back-end profit to your deal. Such a move is not surprising, but can often be avoided by savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
  • afadeevafadeev Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Hi Car_man,
    Any word on the what the current lease rates and residuals are on 2013 JCW hardtop?
    10K/year, either 24 or 36 months.

Thanks!
  • kogumakoguma Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man

what's the current MF and residual on a Countryman 4wd for 7500/24months?
  • kogumakoguma Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man

You quote .00155 for S hardtop but can you also tell us what's the residual value on a 24 months/7500 miles for a S hardtop???
  • hbg3hbg3 Posts: 1
    Hey Car_Man!

Can you give me the residual and MF for 36/10,000 on a 2013 Countryman S All4?

Thanks in advance
    Hi afadeev. If you want to go with an admittedly sweet ride like that, you are going to pay a lot to do so. Its residual values are significantly lower than they are on say the Cooper S and Mini is not providing any lease support on John Cooper Works models.

Mini Financial's April 24-month, 10,000 mile per year residual value for a JCW Hardtop is only 54%. The residual for a 36-month lease of this vehicle would be 46%. this compares with 69% and 63% for the Hardtop S. Ouch.

When you take the higher price and mediocre lease program on JCW models into account it certainly looks like they really weren't meant to be leased, particularly when compared to the Base and S models.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi koguma. Mini Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Countryman ALL4 with 7,500 miles per year are .00165 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi koguma I heard that Mini's special lease money factors are only available for 3-year terms, not 2-year. I'll have to look into whether that is indeed the case. If so, then you may want to switch the term that you're considering.

Mini's April residual value for a 24-month lease of a Cooper S Hardtop with 7,500 miles per year is 70%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hbg3. Mini Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Countryman s ALL4 with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    One more thing everyone...keep in mind that Mini is currently waiving the first month's payment on leases of non-JCW models. This offer increases to the first two payments for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • dk512dk512 Posts: 4
    Hello Car_man. I hope this message finds you well and I want to thank you in advance for your advice.

I would like to know the residual value and money factor, top tier credit, for a 2013 Mini Cooper S Hardtop please. Also, are there any incentives for a current BMW(2012 model) owner when leasing a Mini?

Thank you again.
  • I have an existing Mini Cooper S Convertible 2011 paying $398.00 per month 12k miles lease ends in November. Dealer offered: order custom 2013 countryman all4 S by end of April and they will waive the last four payments of existing lease. New lease: 36 Months,12k Miles, $540.00 with $2,457 which includes tax due at delivery. Total purchase of:$39,252.00.
This discussion has been closed.