Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINI Cooper Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're welcome jccs. There's some sort of adder for higher credit tiers. I'll have to see if I can find out what it is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I'm glad that you've found this discussion so helpful, rrrosenfeld. Mini Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Clubman S with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year are 2%.

There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • rydog79rydog79 Posts: 4
    Hey Car_man!

You've helped me yremendously over the years and I thank you!

I am hoping you can send me residual value and money factors for both the clubman s and hardtop s for the 2013 model year, 15K/year and manual trans.

Thanks again!
    Ry
  • brooke09brooke09 Posts: 5
    Hi!

I'm looking for the residual value and money factor for a base Mini Cooper Hardtop with automatic trasmission for 36 months and 10K miles per year.

Thanks!
  • seejenflyseejenfly Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Hi Everyone,

This is my first lease and I've read the 10 tips guide (after visiting the dealership unfortunately). I'd like to get the real low-down on Mini before I move forward as I'm not getting favorable terms right now.

Looking for a 3 year, 15K mile lease in Texas. Current offers are an Owner's Choice discount of $750 and a recent grad discount of $500 for a total of $1250 sell price. Additionally the current offered residual is 58%.

I visited a dealership and have started a conversation with one of the sales guys but am not having a very good experience with him. He's made some very condescending comments towards me, some vulgar comments in general, and also claims that there is zero room for negotiating the sell price.

Is this true for leases? I've heard different stories that I need to get the sell price down and then negotiate the lease. And then I've also heard that Mini doesn't negotiate like traditional car dealers so there's little room for flexibility especially in leases (unless they're trying to push old models out and will give you some options at cost if the color you want isn't available etc.)

Would like some answers:

1. Can you negotiate in a lease? If so, what items? Sell price or options or both?
    2. Should I go in implying I'll buy the car and get the sell price down, and then at the end request to lease at the lower sell price?

Thanks!
    edited June 2013
    Hey Ry. You're welcome.

Mini Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for 36-month lease of a 2013 Mini Cooper Clubman S with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 60% for consumers who qualify our top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 Hardtop S are interestingly exactly the same.

There's a $500 cash incentive on the Clubman S, but nothing that I'm aware of on the Hardtop.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi brooke09. Mini Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cooper Hardtop with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 66% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    edited June 2013
    Hi seejenfly. One can definitely negotiate the selling prices of leased vehicles. Having said that, Minis in general don't have a ton of room to negotiate because there is not much of a spread between their MSRPs and dealer invoice prices. You can see how much room there is by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

I'm not a big fan of lying in life or negotiations. If I wanted to get a new Mini I would just flat out tell the dealer that I'm going to lease and that I want to negotiate the selling price, just as if I was purchasing it.

By the way, it sounds like this is not a great dealership. If there's another Mini dealer in your area you may want to try dealing with them instead.

Car_man
    Host
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 189
    A vulgar and condescending sales person is telling you something. That person is telling you he has no respect for you as a customer. He is likely exhibiting the sales philosophy of the dealership. In any case, purchasing or leasing a vehicle from that dealership will most likely be a mistake.
  • ihitcowsihitcows Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    Hiyahey. Hoping to get the residual percentage and rate for a 36-month lease on 2013 MINI Cooper S Convertible. 12k/year.
    Many thanks!

EDIT: Just noticed that MINI's lease program runs from the beginning of May 'til the beginning of July. The numbers would still be 57% and 0.00125? Thanks again.
  • Looking to lease a fully loaded 2012 Roadster S with Auto trans. Car Man - can you provide me with the rates that Mini is offereing right now? I think the factor is 0.00125, just not sure on the residual. Any / All help is greatly appreciated!
    Hey ihitcows. According to the latest information that I have seen, the May lease program is indeed still available in June.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cmccarthy7. I can give you the information for a lease of a 2013 model, but I don't think that Mini is providing support on leases of 2012 models any longer. At least I haven't seen a lease program for a 2012 Roadster recently.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car man. Just a typo. Meant 2013. Thanks!
    Wow that was fast cmccarthy7. That makes sense. Mini Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Roadster S with Auto trans. and 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Forgetting to include mileage in first email, getting the build year wrong, this is getting embarrassing!

We are looking at 10k on the mileage, so one last question, what would the residual be based upon 10k vs. the 15k you mentioned above?

Thank!!
  • ihitcowsihitcows Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    It'd be 59%.
    Rock on.
    EDIT: If
    0% = 15k, then
    2% = 12k, and
    3% = 10k.
    That's exactly right, ihitcows. Thanks!

Car_man
    Host
  • gambrillgambrill Posts: 10
    Could you please post countryman S FWD Auto lease rates and incentives please? 12k miles
  • dht222dht222 Posts: 1
    Hi, i would like to lease a mini-cooper countryman S and am trying to decide if this is the right time to do so. I think the current mini lease incentives run out on July 1st. Have you seen better incentives in the last few months or are these incentives pretty good?

Also, I am new to leasing so can someone tell me how knowing the RV and money factor helps you in determining your leasing cost. We have received several quotes from dealers telling us our total cost (downpayment + monthly payment + taxes/fees + destination charges etc...) but its hard for me to tell how good of a deal i'm getting.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.