Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• chemoychemoy Posts: 9
    Thas a good deal... What dealership was this? I was quoted $389 0 down 2.5sl with tech,according to my sales person they only have 2left. And he said its hard to find sl with tech package...
  • jatinbjatinb Posts: 1
    I just got an amazing deal yesterday for leasing the Altima 3.5 SE!
    The sticker price on it was 25,915, the price that was negotiated down to was 22,700.

39 month lease
    15K miles/year
    Total $2000 out of pocket at signing
    $225/month!!!

I absolutely love this car, black on black, push button start, so niceee!
  • Im looking to get out of my current lease.... 4 payments of $305/month on a 2006 honda accord EX-L. the buyback on this car is $16,142. I went to a nissan dealership in Long Island, NY today and they quoted me the following (based on a 780+ credit score):

2008 Altima Coupe 3.5SE V6 CVT (Loaded with everything but tech pkg).
    premium package
    10k miles/year

$3042 down, $382/mo 39 mos.
    (this is including the takeover of my old lease).

after reading these posts i'm getting happier i didn't sign. Advice?
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    why not wait until your accord lease runs out?
  • Well I really wanted something new for the summer, rather than get a new car in october and not be able to use it in nice weather for several months after that. Nonetheless, the honda i have now has very low mileage on it (<20K after 32 mos), and would be a steal for any dealer to buy back from me and re-sell. I was curious though if that was a decent price considering the circumstances.
  • bpuleiobpuleio Posts: 4
    What is the residual and money factor for a 2.5 S Sedan (with SL) for a two year lease with 15K?
  • ksacksac Posts: 1
    What dealership in LI? I think I might give them a call today.
  • skankinageskankinage Posts: 15
    The dealership I went to was Advantage Nissan in Westbury. Give it a shot, it took me quite a bit or negotiating to get my deal but I got them to crack.
  • milt7696milt7696 Posts: 12
    Carman (or anyone else), an ideas what things look like for july?
    Thanks!
  • cl1979cl1979 Posts: 2
    Just leased a:
    Altima 2.5S
    conveninece pkg
    12k miles

$305/36months 800 down which I think is a good deal
    PM if u want to know which dealer in California
  • Hi, new to the board hoping for some help.
    Just got this quote:

Base Coupe plus Convenience package with CVT trans.
    12K miles per year

$311 per month with $575 plus sales tax down.

I think it's pretty good, but wondering what you think.

Thanks
  • milt7696milt7696 Posts: 12
    Car_man,

I have so far negotiated a sale price of $20229 for a 2.5 S CVT sedan with floor mats, splash guards, and Conv package (MSRP $22665). Do you know what the money factor and residual is for a 36 month 15000 miles per year lease?

Thank you!
    Milt7696
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Congratulations on getting such a good deal on your new Altima, jatinb. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, bpuleio. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00087 and 65%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi milt7696. Nissan's current lease program is scheduled to run through June 30th. It is difficult to say what its July program will look like at this point.

Car_man
    Host
    I sure do, Milt7696. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Altima 2.5 S CVT with 15,000 miles per year are .00087 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello,

Was curious if anyone knows the lease rates for the coupe? MF and residual value % for 12K (10K as well). Also, this is in the Ohio/Michigan, are people getting invoice for this car. Lastly, any other incentives?

Thanks

J
  • gperrgperr Posts: 126
    Car_man,

I read the previous posts, but, mine is a little different. Can you please provide the June Res. and MF. for a 24 & 36 month lease on an Altima Coupe, S, with manual transmission (with premium and tech packages-don't know if the packages effect the residual).

Here is the kicker. My friend needs 20k miles per year. So I would suspect that 15K is highest from NMAC and then purchase bands of additional miles? Any info on those costs???

Thanks a bunch in advance.

gperr
    Here's the information that you're looking for, prosport35. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5 S with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00240 and 58%, respectively. I am not sure if NMAC offers a 10,000 mile per year option. I've never seen any mention of it. If it does, its 10k resid would probably be 1% higher than the 12k. Nissan is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car.

I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the Altima Coupe right now, but you may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for one by stopping by the "Nissan Altima Prices Paid & Buying Experience" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey gperr. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of an '08 Altima Coupe 2.5 S with a manual transmission (cool car, btw. I used to exclusively drive coupes with manual transmissions until I got married and had kids) and 15,000 miles per year are .00240 and 66%, respectively. the numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00240 and 56%.

You are correct, 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that NMAC publishes residual values for. If your friend needs to drive more than this, they will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the scheduled end of the lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty. I am not sure of the exact cost per mile though.

Car_man
    Host
  • will_22will_22 Posts: 14
    Does anyone know what the residual and money factor is for a 2.5 S Sedan (with the SL package) for a 36 and 39 month lease with 12K?
  • mikeanjmikeanj Posts: 2
    I very much like the Altima sedan 3.5 CVT with the tech package. I'm not very good at negotioation. Can I get a lease payment around $350? I'd like 12K miles and 36 or 39 months, minimum down (can I use the rebate as a down payment?) Thanks - I'm happy to see that so many folks are willing to share their experiences. What a great way to get informed.
  • jiggytomjiggytom Posts: 6
    Hey guys,

I just got a lease on a Nissan Altima 2.5s Coupe with the convenience package, floor mats and aluminum kick plates. $2000 out the door and 300 a month after taxes, fees and everything. Selling price was a couple hundred under invoice I believe. Wanted to know what you guys thought about the deal I got.
  • mikeanjmikeanj Posts: 2
    Hello all - I've been doing some research and I think I'm out of my price range for the 3.5. Can I get the 2.5 CVT with the tech package and leather? Still want to lease for 36 / 39 12K and keep payment around 350 and litlle or no out of pocket. Thanks in advance. Mike :confuse:
  • yakigyozayakigyoza Posts: 2
    Hi all,

The money factor for the 2.5 S Sedan for tier 1 credit is still 0.00087 (2.09%) for a 36 month lease. I believe the 39 month term has a different money factor. The money factor for the coupe is different. These are only good until end of June 2008.

I just acquired my vehicle today after calling and communicating with roughly 18 dealerships over the course of three days. Not all were ready to offer me good deals. Two were very ready to do business. To ensure the best deals, make sure you ask for an internet fleet manager and BE SURE to contact multiple dealerships.

Details of my lease:
    2.5 S Sedan with SL / Tech / Connection package / Automatic Transmission

MSRP = $29,470.00
    Adj Cap Cost (Negotiated Cost) = $26,800.00
    Net Cap Cost (w/ $595.00 destination charge) = $27,395.00
    Invoice = $27,163.00

Money Factor = 0.00087 (Tier 1 Credit)
    36 month Term Lease
    12,000 Mile / Year Agreement
    58% Depreciation

Drive Off = (1rst month + DMV Fees) = $650.00
    Monthly Lease = $357.21 / month

I was able to negotiate the net cap cost to roughly $363.00 below invoice. Another dealership offered me $500 below Invoice PLUS free oil changes for the life of the lease but I already told the first guy I would commit to him and I'm a man of my word. I believe in strong business ethics and I don't necessarily have to go with the lowest bidder.

For my particular lease (12K), since it would cost $0.15 per excess mile if I drove over 36K miles for the 36 months, I decided to go for the 15K per year allowance because it was much cheaper. It was roughly 3.7 cents per excess mile if I drove 15K per year purchasing the extra miles up front versus sticking with the 12K per year program and paying 15 cents per excess mile at the end of lease. I knew I was going to easily drive 15K per year. Depreciation only changes by 1% for the 15K / year program so use 57% depreciation if you go for the 36 month - 15K / year model.

So for 12K / year (36 month term), it was $650.00 walk off and $357.21 / month.
    For 15K / year, (36 month term), it was $650.00 walk off and $366.64 / month.

I am from SoCal and of the many dealerships I contacted, I only recommend two dealerships / Internet Fleet Managers who I would use again. Both were very easy to work with and honest which is important to me. Should you need those names, drop me a PM and I'd be happy to let you know who I dealt with.

Happy Negotiating Guys and good luck!

-Yakigyoza
  • clasysclasys Posts: 26
    Hello all.

First of all, I want to thank everyone who shares his experience and prices here; that helped a lot with my last lease negotiations. Special thanks to CAR_MAN. :) In return I want to share my deal. Just took a delivery of my new 2008 Altima S with SL and Connection packages this saturday. Went with my wife just for her to test-drive it; ended up leasing it on a spot. I think I could have done a little better,like another $10 off the monthly payment, but my wife really liked the color combination, so we signed the lease:

$309 per month (tax included), $700 due at signing ($309 1st month, $250 MV fees and $141 cap cost reduction)

2008 Nissan Altima S, Precision Gray with Charcoal Leather
    Options:
    SL Package
    Connection Package
    Carpeted Floor/Trunk Mat Set w/Hooks (5-Piece)

39 mo lease/ 12,000 miles per year

MSRP: $26,655 (incl. destination)
    Base cap cost: $24,450
    Costs added to lease: $1,144
    Aquisition fee ( $595
    Doc Fee $299
    DMV Fees $250 )
    Cap cost reductions: $391
    Adjusted cap cost: $25,203
    Residual Value: $15,460 (58%)
    Money Factor: 0.00087 (I'm the highest tier)
    Lease term: 39 mo
    NY Sales Tax: 8.375%

Monthly payment: $309 ($285 base + $24 tax)

Depreciation: $9,743
    Finance charge: $1,380
    Total Sales Tax: $965
    Total of all payments: $12,088
    Total lease cost: $12,479

Hope this helps someone to negotiate his next great lease.

Any thoughts on these numbers? I think I did very well...

PS. I absolutely love its ride and connection package. Wasn't really looking specifically for connection package, but boy am I glad it had one! This bluetooth handsfree is just awesome! I also have 2007 Murano SL AWD with Touring package, Altima was meant for my wife. Guess what: today my wife took Murano to work, thats how good the ride is on this car!
    ~D
    I think you did very well. I actually made a deal back in April for this very car and my deal was very comparable to yours. And I'm very confident these are good deals.

I'm actually now helping a friend out and need to know the current money factor and residual for this month. Looks like you have them at .00087 and 58% respectively for a 39 month lease. This is what I needed to know. I'm also from NY and I noticed your sales tax is at 8.375%? Is that correct? I thought it was 8.625%?
  • clasysclasys Posts: 26
    Thanks. Yes, NYC sales tax is 8.375, or as dealer reffered to it 8.38%. Originally I was negotiating a 36 mo term, and 58% residual applied to 36 mo. But then dealer said that he cant do 36 on these terms, and offered me 39 months + 3 free oil changes for same price. We didn''t specifically negotiate new residual, it might as well be just a bit lower.

As far as I know current money factor and residual are good until the end of June. No one seems to know what it will be in July. Good luck with your friend's deal.

~D
    Ok, thanks for the update. I think the residual does go down 1% when you move from 36 to 39 months so I can adjust the calculations and use 57%.
  • troy15troy15 Posts: 5
    Hi Yakigyoza ,

I looking for the same car that you bought last week.
    I can put $1000 down and willing to get close to the $300 a month.
    I'm also from SoCal (S.F.V) and would like to know how did you deal with?

Are you happy with your new car? :)

Thanks,
    Roy.
This discussion has been closed.