Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• hillscarhillscar Posts: 9
    Thank you carman. Do you think its best that I have them cut me a check if I am going to trade-in? I'm really just not sure what a good deal is for a lease on this car. I get that you should be negotiating a lease on the sticker price, not monthly payments, but how much should I expect to pay by the end of a 3 year lease in total, including down payments if I make one?

Thanks for this forum! It's great!
  • madhav2madhav2 Posts: 5
    got 1800 below invoice on a 3.5 Altima coupe before tax, tag and title. my advice if this is a good deal is use you internet and get multiple quotes
  • madhav2madhav2 Posts: 5
    I'm no car man, but you certainly should be negotiating on the sticker/invoice price. It is the basis for the lease calculations. Never pay sticker without a fight.
  • chemoychemoy Posts: 9
    First I must say I love this site and wish I knew what I know now when I leased my first car...I got an offer from a local dealer in Houston,TX on a 3.5 SE Altima...
    MSRP $32,885
    Selling price $29.838
    Residual 58%
    MF .00087
    39Months 15k.
    $369.64 Monthly payments
    0 DOWN only first month...
    The selling price might be off slightly but according to my sales guy Im getting this car for $500 over invoice and I was also adviced that their is no sales tax on this deal... I still think I could get this lower though cause when I use the calculator Im getting about $15 lower on the monthly payments... I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS DEAL?
  • steevosteevo Posts: 330
    Thats a good deal.
  • shinngshinng Posts: 45
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the published rates are generally for tier 1 credit, how does one factor in tier 2, tier 3, etc for the money factor? Is there a rule of "add + XX%" for each tier above tier 1? I do not have tier 1 or tier 2 credit and want to make sure that when I get quotes from dealers, I am not getting hosed on the money factor just because I do not have tier 1. It's easy to compare tier 1 money factor rates as it's posted everywhere on the boards, but it seems impossible to find out the money factors for tier 2,3, etc.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.
  • veldevelde Posts: 17
    I'm comparing the Nissan Altima 4 cyl to the Toyota Camry 4cyl, both with navigational options and am shopping price. The Altima customer reviews seem mostly positive and I am leaning in that direction. I drove one yesterday and it was a really smooth ride. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if the deal the salesman is giving me is a good deal.

Altima 2.5SL (CVT with tech pkg- Navigational)
    39 months
    $359.00 inc. all taxes and fees

He was lower than 2 other quotes I had for $369 and $371.
    I was planning on asking him today how much better he can do on the deal. I know very little about car negotiations, I don't want to insult him, but I don't want to get ripped off either.
  • skankinageskankinage Posts: 5
    Velde- I got basically the same car but did slightly better-
    2.5SL w/ Tech/Nav
    39 mos
    $347/nothing down
    I also got them to throw in a remote starter- can't live without it.
    Picking it up tonight.
  • veldevelde Posts: 17
    Wow! Thanks,
    I'm in Michigan, where did you find such a deal?
  • skankinageskankinage Posts: 5
    I'm on Long Island in NY. Can't wait to pick up the new ride, 3 hours to go! :shades:
  • chemoychemoy Posts: 9
    Thas a good deal... What dealership was this? I was quoted $389 0 down 2.5sl with tech,according to my sales person they only have 2left. And he said its hard to find sl with tech package...
  • jatinbjatinb Posts: 1
    I just got an amazing deal yesterday for leasing the Altima 3.5 SE!
    The sticker price on it was 25,915, the price that was negotiated down to was 22,700.

39 month lease
    15K miles/year
    Total $2000 out of pocket at signing
    $225/month!!!

I absolutely love this car, black on black, push button start, so niceee!
  • Im looking to get out of my current lease.... 4 payments of $305/month on a 2006 honda accord EX-L. the buyback on this car is $16,142. I went to a nissan dealership in Long Island, NY today and they quoted me the following (based on a 780+ credit score):

2008 Altima Coupe 3.5SE V6 CVT (Loaded with everything but tech pkg).
    premium package
    10k miles/year

$3042 down, $382/mo 39 mos.
    (this is including the takeover of my old lease).

after reading these posts i'm getting happier i didn't sign. Advice?
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 641
    why not wait until your accord lease runs out?
  • Well I really wanted something new for the summer, rather than get a new car in october and not be able to use it in nice weather for several months after that. Nonetheless, the honda i have now has very low mileage on it (<20K after 32 mos), and would be a steal for any dealer to buy back from me and re-sell. I was curious though if that was a decent price considering the circumstances.
  • bpuleiobpuleio Posts: 4
    What is the residual and money factor for a 2.5 S Sedan (with SL) for a two year lease with 15K?
  • ksacksac Posts: 1
    What dealership in LI? I think I might give them a call today.
  • The dealership I went to was Advantage Nissan in Westbury. Give it a shot, it took me quite a bit or negotiating to get my deal but I got them to crack.
  • milt7696milt7696 Posts: 12
    Carman (or anyone else), an ideas what things look like for july?
    Thanks!
  • cl1979cl1979 Posts: 2
    Just leased a:
    Altima 2.5S
    conveninece pkg
    12k miles

$305/36months 800 down which I think is a good deal
    PM if u want to know which dealer in California
This discussion has been closed.