Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi derfson. See my previous couple of posts for an idea of what Nissan's current lease program is like. If you are interested in a different trim level, let me know and I can tell you what the specific lease program for that car is like right now.

As far as cash incentives go, Nissan's normal consumer cash is not compatible with its special lease program. However, it is providing a $500 4th of July bonus cash incentive on this car through today that is. There's also a grand for anyone who trades in a GM or Chrysler product.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mikemartinmikemartin Posts: 205
    The problem with the Nissan national leases the large amount of money they demand down.

First, money paid up front on any leased car is generally a very bad idea from the consumer's standpoint.

Second, comparing lease deals from one manufacturer to another is complicated by the differing terms regarding how much money, if any, is required at lease signing.

The easiest comparison to make is to ask the dealer to give one a simple no money down, first month payment only, sign and drive lease. That way, one can compare apples to apples, and not apples to oranges.
  • Hi,

I am looking to lease a 2009 Altima SE Coupe w/premium package, sport package and moonroof. I am currently leasing an Infiniti G35x, which is due very soon.

I would only like to pay $250 - $300 per month for a new lease. I just spoke with a dealer who quoted its best price of approximately $35k and monthly payment around $350/month.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks!!
  • Hi Car_Man,

I am looking to lease a 2009 Altima SE Coupe w/premium package, sport package and moonroof. I am currently leasing an Infiniti G35x, which is due very soon.

I would only like to pay $250 - $300 per month for a new lease with 12k miles per year. I am flexible on the number of months. I just spoke with a dealer who quoted its best price of approximately $35k and monthly payment around $350/month.

Is this a good deal? What should I expect to pay? I would love to only pay $250/month, but the dealer claims they cannot meet that price with the premium package, etc.

I would love your insight!

By the way, I am in the DC area.

Thanks!!
  • r000r000 Posts: 53
    The MSRP is $31,335, where did you get $35k from?

35k is way too much money to pay for an Altima.

I think you should be around $27000 with Taxes.

As for the lease, I think mid 300s sounds reasonable. With very little money due at signing of course.
  • Sorry, you are right. I misspoke. Sticker price is ~$31k.

The dealership just called me back with a monthly payment of $340, assuming $1,000 down. The lease would span 39 months and 12k miles. It would also include free oil changes and filter and free gas (every now and then).

What do you think?

Thank you for your help!
  • The "every now and then" only referred to the free gas. Of course, the dealership would not like for their customers to abuse that privilege and stop in every day for free gas, but they seemed amenable to weekly or bi-monthly.

The free oil change/filter covers the life of the lease.

Thanks again for your help!
  • The "every now and then" only referred to the free gas. Of course, the dealership would not like for their customers to abuse that privilege and stop in every day for free gas, but they seemed amenable to weekly or bi-monthly.

The free oil change/filter covers the life of the lease.

Thanks again for your help!
  • Hi I'm 19 barely any credit and I want to lease a base model 2009 altima MSRP: ($19,900) with no money down. Do you think I can do it???
    $340 a month including taxes plus $1000 due at signing doesn't sound bad.

I doubt you'll be anywhere close to $250. Maybe $325. After all you are taking a loaded Altima.

I'd try a few other dealers in your area to see if they can beat it.
    Sure you can! No credit? No Money? No problem!

Just kidding..

Anyway, I think you can get a decent deal even with little credit history. What kind of monthly payment are you looking for?
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    I seriously doubt it. Leasing requires a fairly good credit score. I have heard 640 as a minimum, but I know third party banks require 675. The lease specials you always see advertised require a 700-720 minimum score.

You can get your score at places like equifax.com for around $20
    I know they have 3 tiers of credit on leases, not sure which tiers correspond to particular credit scores but Tier 1 is obviously the best.

Also keep in mind that when you have bad/no credit sometimes the monthly payment is so high that it kills any deal.
  • Thank you!!!
  • mambwe33mambwe33 Posts: 4
    I drive a lot so I usually purchase extra mileage in advance. I am looking at leasing a 2009 Altima 3.5 SL with 22,500 miles/year for 39 months.

The sticker on the car was $30,720.
    Selling price $27,831
    Payment $440

Does this sounds like good deal? What are the residuals and money factor on this car?
  • kcrx72002kcrx72002 Posts: 4
    is the money factor the same for the 3.5 as for the 2.5? i would like to get a 3.5s 6 spd for under 300 including tax per month with only 1000 out of pocket. is this possible for a 39 month lease?
  • ITS AN OK DEAL..MONEY FACTOR(15,000 MILES PER YER WHICH IS ABOUT 2.6 % APR..RESIDUALS 56%)
  • BEFORE I GIVE YOU FURTHER DETAILS WHAT IS YOUR CREDIT SCORE BECAUSE IT WILL STRONGLY DEPEND ON IF YOU CAN EVEN LEASE DA CAR AND I'M NOT SURE IF DA MONEY FACTORS ARE THE SAME BUT I WILL LET YOU KNOW AS SOON AS I FIND OUT.
    credit scores are about 740
  • Oh yes you are in great shape. The money factor is 15,000 miles per year(.00107) so that's about 2.5 % with the residual 56%
    i was looking at the 3.5SE as suggested with a std transmision tech package and sport package. invoice on this vehicle is 27375. Is the 1500 rebate available toward the lease?
    why are you yelling and spelling the, DA?
    typing in ALL CAPS is considered yelling, thus rude.
  • Rebates are for FINANCING(purchasing a vehicle)..
  • homie3368homie3368 Posts: 11
    hi everyone, this is my first post. does anyone know the money factor and residual for a 2009 altima sedan s..36month,,15,000mi,,,of course for this month..lol. im trying to calculate a good price to pay on a lease. i plan to start hunting this week. i;am not going to put any money down.

thanks...homie
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    hi, I test drove a 2.5SL the other morning and asked the salesman if the steering wheel controls and homelink buttons are illuminate at night. The salesman told me that only in the 2.5SL and 3.5SL are the steering wheel and homelink buttons illuminated at night. I wanted to find out from anyone else who has test drove the altima if this is true? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • dolphandolphan Posts: 1
    I just leased the 2.5SL with connection package 2 weeks ago. The steering wheel buttons illuminate, but I don't recall the homelink doing that. However, I highly recommend the car. It is much quieter and a better ride than the maxima i turned in and the inside is much nicer. I paid $2k total down (I know, I know, but I had a very good reason for this), and $285/month including tax. I personally don't think you need the 3.5. The maxima was a V6 and I don't miss the reduction in HP.
  • jay137jay137 Posts: 17
    I agreed to $2000 down, pay off my trade and $199 per month for 39 months. I then was to take the car for a test and the "sales manager" said he couldn't go with the deal he offered in the first place.
    Henderson, NV Nissan?
    I walked!
  • joeynymjoeynym Posts: 1
    hi everyone, love this forums....

Anyways I p/u a 09 Altima 2.5sl with Convience plus & connection package, basically bose/leather package w/out navi & spoiler for 1500 total out of pocket & 299.99 per month. last minute added on spoiler @ 308 a month. good deal??
This discussion has been closed.