Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• Car_man, may I ask what you are using to get the payment? I'm sure they are going to ask me. I just sent them my spreadsheet along with email from Kia with their numbers verifying I'm almost right on with their payment.
  • I ended up getting the Altima for $217/mo, no money down, which included 7% sales tax. It was about $6/mo more than I figured, but I felt it was close enough. They added me to the Gold Membership, whatever the heck that is, with some free stuff. Told me I wouldn't have a disposition fee on the old or new car because of "the" membership. I've never heard of it, so I'm not sure if it was just a gimmick or not. I know it includes free wiper blades for life (39mos ;), an oil change (not sure if it was just one or more), free rental car (which I've always gotten) for service, and some other things. They liked the spreadsheet I sent them which I made and said I was one of the most well- educated customers they had seen. Thanks to the internet :)
  • Thanks, Car_man. I will factor in the extra mileage above 15,000 myself - and understand the benefit of doing so up-front vs. at lease-end. However, will the additional miles change the residual value, and if so, is there a way to calculate that myself?

Re: the $1500 loyalty cash incentives to current NMAC lessees - I am not currently with Nissan, so does this apply to my situation? (i.e. - will that $1500 be negotiable with the dealer or is that strictly from Nissan, only for NMAC lessees of record?)

Appreciate all the info and advice - great forum!
  • Car_man : forgot to add the following to my last post - as a fall-back alternative I am also considering a 2011 Honda Accord EX-L V6. Same question as per the Altima - can you please provide the current money factor and residuals for 36 and 39 mo leases at 20K miles/year? (If not 20K, whatever the max is).

Similarly, are there any Honda cash incentives for Feb 2011?

Thanks for all your insights.
  • Hi Car_Man. I've been following your posts and information for a while and appreciate all the help you've given me.

I just got a 2011 Altima 2.5 S, Convenience Plus, Blue tooth, Aluminum Kickplates and splashguards (MSRP 25,870). I paid tax, tags and fees plus 1st month up front, and my payments are $189 for 39 months, with 15K a year and free service.

The dealer took care of my current nissan lease with three months left on it, and I got the full 1500 lease loyalty in the deal. I know the MF was .00097 and the resid. was 59%.

I trying to figure out if I could have gotten lower, since the best True Car quotes (without incentives) seem to be about $1000 less than the prerebate price I paid.
  • Sounds like you got a heck of a deal! I just purchase same Altima with SE package, mats, splash guards, $0 down, first payment and payments are $219 with 12k/yr, 39 mos, $1,500 loyalty rebate, .00097 money factor & .60 residual. I thought I did well... Just noticed they are running an extra bonus rebate of $500 for Presidents Day sale. Wished I'd waited a couple days. What was your selling price (without rebate) and extra fees? Dealer price is listed at about $23,370 on the car you purchased.
  • Hi Tinerbell:

The sales price pre-rebate was $22,819 (only consumer rebate was the $1500). Fees were 595 acquisition, 398 processing, 63.5 for tags. Tax in my state is about 3% of purchase price, but no tax on payments.

I don't understand where TrueCar.com come is getting their Best Prices from though, I remove the incentives when I'm trying to get a price certficate, but maybe they are still putting in these president's day specials.
  • My $217 included 7% sales tax of about $14. I'm a bit ticked off as I just saw on the Nissan website there is a $500 lease bonus rebate from 2/4/11-2/28/11 as well as a $500 holiday bonus rebate for weekend for Indiana. You may want to ask about those as well. I'm contacting my sales guy to see why I didn't get the extra $500 rebate on top of the loyalty rebate. I don't know if there are any restrictions on using all of the above together. Let me know what you find out about using all of the above when you talk with your dealer.

My Altima - selling price of $21,670.80 with $796.25 dealer fees. Our sales tax paid with monthly payment only.
  • Just purchased a 2.5SL yesterday with conv, conv plus, SL package, plates-mats-splash
    MSRP 27,150
    Agreed Upon Value 23,370
    Adj Cap Cost 23,734
    Res Value 16,278
    Acq Fee 595
    Up Front Tax 636.13
    Prez Day Rebate 500
    Down Payment 1,000
    Monthly Payment 227
    Purchased the GAP coverage for 3 a month bringing total payment to 230

Good deal? Is the GAP coverage a good purchase or a scam?
    The 60% residual and .00097 money factor look accurate.
  • Car man! How are you? You have helped me get the numbers right in the past years for a 350z and a Sentra! And now I need your help
    Once again!
    My girlfriend received a call today for a "promotion"
    To turn her sentra in a year early and get another lease no money down before Sunday. We are considering passing by but I want to go prepared as always!
    If you have a chance can you please tell me the money factor and residual % on a 2011 altima 2.5 36 mon 15k miles! And the same for a 2.5s same specs?
    Thanks for your help! You are the best!

Rob
  • This is the lease deal I just got in Denver

2011 Nissan Altima 3.5SR Sedan / Premium / Sport / Kick Plates / Floor Mats / Super Black / Blonde

- MSRP $30,585

- Negotiated Cap Cost $27,002

- Total Cap Cost Reduction $2300 = $1300 Trade Allowance, $1000 Cash Down

- Terms were 39 months, 15,000 miles per year, Money Factor .00097, and Residual Value of $18,351 (60%).

- Costs Added are $1520.20 = $27.20 registration, $595 Nissan acquisition fee, $499 dealer handling fee, $399 appearance (protection) package

- Adjusted Cap Cost is $26,222

- Monthly Sales Tax is 7.72%

- Payment is $245.07 + $18.92 tax = $263.99 total monthly payment

- Drive offs = $1000 down + $263.99 first payment + $77.72 tax on down = $1341.71

- 2 Years Free Maintenance
  • Ok I need some help (just like everyone else on here).

I've purchased cars in the past from nissan motors, and paid them off with no problems.
    Then a few years ago I had a business failure, and did a bankruptcy and turned in a car that was financed through Nissan Motors.

How can I tell if they would finance me without going to the dealer and going through all the pricing, and stuff if they would do a lease??

My credit is in the high 600's, if not low 700's right now.
    I have a VERY low Debt to Income ratio.

Thank you all in advance for any information you can provide.
  • I am being told that I cannot get the special lease rate and the rebate in the same deal, but it seems that many of you are getting the best of both worlds. I assume the special lease rates are 39 months with 60% residual and a money factor of .00097. The rebate was $1250.

Is everyone else getting the same story or are some of you getting both?

Thanks
  • Does anyone know about this?

Thank you!
  • 501501 Posts: 8
    Was offered the following.

2011 Maxima
    SL Package
    Convenience Package
    Convenience Plus Package
    Premium Audio Package

MSRP: $28,200

39 Months
    $700 down (includes 1st payment, taxes, etc.
    20,000 miles per year

$350.18 per month

????
    OK here is my new offer with 15,000 miles per year.

Altima S
    + SL Package
    + Splash Guards
    + Convenience Package
    + Convenience Plus Package
    + Premium Audio Package
    + Mats

$28,200 MSRP
    $25,748 Total Capital Cost
    0.00103 Retention/Disclosed Rate (Money Factor)
    $16,074 Purchase Option

$700.00 Total cash due at signing (included 1st payment)
    $307.60 monthly payment.

39 months - 15,000 miles per year

Good or possibly better out there?
  • eufeeufe Posts: 2
    Sounds like a good deal. Better than mine.

$28215 MSRP
    $26165 Capital Cost (Costco price, so they say)
    .00103 Money Factor

$1000.00 down (includes 1st payment)
    339.90 / month

39 months @ 15,000 per year.

Same car with same features. What state are you at. Im in San Diego, CA.
    Any tips to bringing the Capitol cost lower?
    Im in Michigan. I just emailed evey Nissan dealership within 100 miles (about 9 different dealerships) and the ones that came in the lowest I tried to get them to budge just a little more.

Is your deal with the $500 st Patty day cash figured in? Thats good until Monday I believe.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're welcome tinkerbell2011.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey tinkerbell2011. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Altima Sedan 2.5S with 15,000 miles per year are .00103 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jeep097. If you are not a current NMAC lessee then I don't believe that you are eligible for the loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Rob. Nissan is not currently running any sort of promotion that will let your girlfriend out of her current lease a year early for free. She will have to pay to get out of her deal now one way or another.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Altima 2.5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00103 and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Altima Sedan 2.5S are .00103 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    What you were told is correct bob_fl727. Nissan's customer cash incentives are not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • What is the current money factor & residual % for a 39 month 12k & 15k lease on the 2011 Altima 3.5SR

My current numbers for a 3.5SR with premium, sport & tech package is
    MSRP $32,585

Cap cost is $26,366

Thanks
    Sfowler22, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Altima Sedan 3.5SR with 15,000 miles per year are .00109 and 59%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

I'm looking for the buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of 2011 altima 2.5s with convenience + convenience plus w/15k miles a year. My parents are about to lease and I want to make sure they're not getting screwed. Thanks!
    Hello tacticalbuy. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Altima 2.5S with 15,000 miles per year are .00034 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • arf400arf400 Posts: 1
    Car_man,

How reliable are the money factor and residuals that you post? I can't seem to find any other sources for this information online.

I'm looking for the factor and residual for the Altima 2.5S w/ SL, 12,000 miles, top tier credit score.

Thanks, Tony
  • loud0g40ozloud0g40oz Posts: 37
    Car Man,

Looking to lease a 2011 Altima 3.5SR. I'm undecided on Coupe or Sedan. Can you post the Money Factor and residual for both models for 36 and 39 month lease terms? Assume 12k miles/yr
  • skoorbmaxskoorbmax Posts: 10
    Car_man's numbers are the exact ones I was told yesterday at a Nissan dealership in Western NY. Out of the gates in their paper ad they are offering $189/month for 39 months with $0 capital reduction. All due at signing is first payment, taxes, doc fee, etc. (so around $1800). I'm still looking but cannot really find any other sedans with similarly attractive deals as on an altima at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.