Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• i see on line fitsmall 18641...all other figures fall into place if leasing for a super cheap lease.

this is the 3rd time asking, anyone have a better "BUY" or adjusted cap cost on a altima 'S'.

I am about ready to ship the car, my local dealer in fort lauderdale could not or would not match. with shipping I am still cheaper than what he was offering.

so anyone with better price.?
  • eleven03eleven03 Posts: 11
    Carman, does the residual and MF change on a 2.5 SL? (still 15k/yr, 36 mo lease). Also, on my last car,lease I was able to purchase an additional 9k miles up front for $900 (.10/mile), effectively upping my annual mileage to 18k/yr. does that have any effect on RV, or does the fact that I prepaid keep the RV the same?

Thanks
  • samalisamali Posts: 12
    This is my deal from end of April. I'd appreciate someone to evaluate whether this was a good deal or not.
    Sticker Price- 25,580$

Gross Capitalized Cost- $21,790
    Capitalized Cost Reduction-$801.21 (net trade in-$600 for 96 accord w/ 250k mileage, $375 Nissan rebate from dealer, $500cash-I know this was a dumb move on my part...)
    TTL (at delivery and includes 'doc proc fee') $439.2 I am in CA

Adjusted Cap Cost (used to calc base monthly payment) $21,583.79
    Residual Value $15,092.20
    Depreciation and any Amoritized Amounts $6491.52
    +RENT CHARGE (I THINK I GOT RIPPED OFF HERE!!!!) $963.72
    Total of Base Monthly payments= $7455.24 /36 months
    =Monthly payment $207.09
    +Monthly sales lease tax $ 18.64
    =Total Monthly payment $225.73

The dealer insisted I was "getting the best deal out there" for the SV brand. Maybe I should have just tried to get the best deal out there with the "S" base model. Is my money factor too high (Based on my rent charge?)? Could I have gotten away with this without dropping that 500 DP?Did this lease go wrong, or can I still benefit towards the end of the lease since it holds a good residual? When is the best and most cost saving time to do a lease swap (I am considering getting rid of this ride to find a cheaper one-)I wish I kept my trade in :(
  • samali-

So you put down $500 of your own money and $600 value of an accord!

Altima SV - 225.73 a month (which includes tax) - how about GAP?

15k miles - 36 months

that seems like a really good deal - is there anything that you are forgetting?

I am getting prices of 269 - 15k miles - tax and GAP included - with $1000 down on an S
  • samalisamali Posts: 12
    Yeah swamp-I'm not very happy about putting down my own money and trading in my vehicle. I made a compulsive decision fueled by timing and my old car not passing smog and regist. being up...I'm a bit confused,-you say I got a very good deal, but seem surprised by my DP and car trade in? Did I get both the good and bad happen here?

I don't have gap insurance. I don't see it anywhere in my paperwork. I'm also very concerned with my rental fee of $963.72

I think what I did forget to mention was the $595 CA acquisition fee which brings me total "gross capitalized cost" to $22,385.00.

If we look at my total amount due at lease signing it was 600tradein, 375Nissanrebate, 500cash for a total of "$1475" down payment, a slight step down from at the time, the Nissan advertised national lease deal of a $2000 downpayment, with 200$ per month on a Base model...not SV

The price range your getting quoted with 269 w/ 1k down sounds similar to deals I was getting for competitive dealers though on an SV model. I'd keep shopping around. I'm not sure how competitive it is with the GAP ins. being offered though...

In the end I'm thinking maybe I don't have the best lease deal , but perhaps it is one worth buying out at the end because of the decent residual or better yet getting an equity return on it. If I could swap it sooner that'd be better
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,134
    The rent charge is just the finance portion of the lease payment....

Depreciation + finance = payment...

That rent charge is for all 36 months... so, just about $27/mo.. Given the parameters of your lease, an equivalent APR of around 2%.. you aren't getting ripped off...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• badfish25badfish25 Posts: 2
    I've been shopping around different dealers online all day, and think I got a decent deal, but would like some feedback.

3.5 SL with Tech, 15,000/yr 36 months.
    MSRP - 33,190
    Purchase Price - 28,495.55 after $500 rebate (is this for current Nissan owners like me, or just a general lease rebate on these?)
    Monthly Payment including 6.5% tax is $300

However, Due at Signing would be $1,969
    Including such Junk as:
    $55 Private Tag Fee
    $599 Dealer Fee
    $180 Registration
    $2 Lemon Law
    $595 Acquisition Fee
    $66.50 Tire/Battery/rental
    $300 1st payment
    $171.04 sales tax (on fees)

If I have them roll in $1000 of those fees into the purchase price, I come up with a ~$327/mo payment.
    Anyone find anything better out there?

I'd have to drive to a dealership about 2 hours from me :(

Thanks!
  • rlbjr2rlbjr2 Posts: 67
    That is a pretty good deal. You are paying $1,500 below invoice not taking into account the $500 rebate. Edmunds also lists a $375 Leasing Bonus Cash rebate as well. I am looking to lease the exact same vehicle with the same lease terms as you. What state are you in? Was the car on the lot? How did you get them to agree to that price?
  • badfish25badfish25 Posts: 2
    I'm in Central Florida. Got the deal just by emailing the internet depts. of every dealer one by one in order of how close they were to me. Telling them exactly what I wanted and wanted to pay. Eventually found a dealer somewhat far away that gave me the offer right up front vs. many of the others that would simply say, "come in and we'll talk"
    How did you come up with that price($1,500 below invoice) you wanted to pay?
  • ehabermannehabermann Posts: 11
    i am lookign to lease a new altama as i want to get rid of my maxima which lease ends november i am paying 369 a month all except navagation. i put nothing down just first months and dnv. it has bose radio ect. what i want is the same package in the altama except now i may want to get navagation and not a v6 what would my best lease payments be now on this car. 12k a year plus a 3 year lease.
  • So I'm relatively indecisive with this. I have never leased. I have always purchased but it seems leases are getting better and seem to be the way to go.

We worked out a deal of 239.00 a month with a 3000k trade in of an 03 Honda Pilot and no additional money down.

Its a 3yr/36k The MSRP is 31,800 and the sale price was 29,700.

Not 100% sure on all the other number except the Residual being like 18k

Thanks for any feedback.

Is this a good deal??
    Hi Car_Man,
    Can you give me the August MF and residual for the Altima 3.5 SL sedan w/ Tech Pkg. 15,000 miles/yr and 36 mo. Top tier credit. Thanks.

Also, sorry to post this here but the Kia forum is pretty inactive and I cant find this info anywhere else. Can you give me the August MF and residual for both the Optima SX w/ Tech Pkg/Prem Touring Pkg and the Optima SX Limited. 15,000 miles/yr and 36 mo. Top tier credit. I will also post this in the Kia forum. Thanks.
  • Leased a new altama 2.5 sL with tech package no money down just first months with leather Bose
    Radio navigation taxes included 12 k a year 320 a month 36 months is this good
  • That sounds like a good deal, where are you located? For the same car I was offered 340 a month with 600 down payment.
  • Long Island New York all I put down was first months and DMV taxes in payment
  • i am on Long Island- what dealership?
  • Im also in Long Island!! What dealership? I'll stop by tomorrow if I could get such deal!
    Does anyone have the August MF and residual for the Altima 3.5 SL sedan w/ Tech Pkg. 15,000 miles/yr and 36 mo. Top tier credit. Thanks.
    2013 Altima 3.5 SL sedan
    36mo, 15K mi/yr

MF = .00055

Residual = 58%

I'm sorry, but I don't have any information on whether the Tech package affects residual.

regards,
    kyfdx

• kyfdx,

Could you provide the August money factor and residual for a 2013 Altima 3.5 SL 36 months / 3 Years for good ole' Rhode Island? If you know Sept already, I'll take that as well in case I don't close a deal before then.

I am cross shopping the Mazda6, Altima, and Kia Optima (I will also post the mf and dep. request in the Optima forum). Thanks!
    The August lease #'s are in the previous post by kyfdx. For an Optima SX w/ Tech and Prem Tour Pkgs, the Residual is 55% and the MF is 0.00115 for 36 mo and 15K mi/yr. I know because I just leased one.
    Check post# 1983.

If you want the 12K/yr residual, I think that Nissan adds 1% for that (but, I'm not positive)...

• kyfdx,

Could you please provide me with the MF and residual for a 2013 Altima 2.5 SL lease at 36 months and 15k/year, please? Thanks a lot.
    .00055 and 56%

regards,
    kyfdx

• I just noticed this forum...great wealth of info!

To any of the ones in the know...I'm looking to lease a 2013 Altima 2.5 SV or SL. 36 months, 12K/year. Have the MF and residuals changed since Aug, or still 0.00055 and 56%? Excellent credit. Also, are 2014 numbers different? I would guess so but am new to leasing. Thining of the 2013 as I'm sure I can get a better cap cost on that.

THANKS!!!

Steve
    .00059 and 57% on the 2013

.00142 and 60% on the 2014

• kyfdx....THANKS for the quick reply! Will be great to have those numbers handy when I talks to some dealers this week.
  • kyfdx,

I'm looking for the MF and Residual for both the 2013 and 2014 Altima 2.5 SL w/ tech package. I know you posted Septembers rates already, but not sure if the tech package changes that. Thanks in adavance!
This discussion has been closed.