Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car Man,
    I was offered a lease of 265/mo with only 1st month payment (no down payment) for a 2011 Altima 2.5S w/ bluetooth, floor mats, and splash guards with an MSRP of 23,960, money factor of .00054 and residual of 13,657.29. The lease price includes tax, all fees, and registration. Is this a good deal??
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi icendio777. It would be easier for me to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide me with this car's selling price first. this would save me from having to back into it. Do you know what that number is?

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ahashmiahashmi Posts: 67
    Whats your term and mileage?

If I assume 39 mo and 15k/yr with the RV (57%) you provided, and Due @ Signing Cost is $595 bank fee, $211 DMV, $250 Doc Fee -- all rolled into you monthly, then:

Your selling price for the vehicle is $21,500 and POM is 43%. Which is not a bad deal considering the dealer is selling at cost, but you should be able to drop another $500, so your monthly is $252.
  • djdezdjdez Posts: 75
    Car_man,

Do you have updated numbers to reflect the new 24 month lease that's being offered in June?

Looking for 24, 36 and 39 months, with 12k miles MF and residual on both the Altima SL and Coupe S

Thanks!
  • alcapalcap Posts: 24
    Car_Man

I am looking into lease of 2011 Altima 2.5 S. Do you know updated numbers for New Jersey? So far the dealers I contacted are putting me in the high 300's with tax when I was thinking mid 200's with tax. Also on another note I might trade in a car with negitive equity, and the dealer told me for every 1,000 dollars you roll into the lease it will increase your payment by 30.00 dollars is that correct? And also if I trade in car that I still owe money on does it save me any money on the tax for the new lease?

Thanks,

Car_Man

15,000 miles per year/39 months lease
    SL Package
    Splash Guards
    Convenience Package
    Convenience Plus Package
    Premium Audio Package
    Mats
  • freddytttfreddyttt Posts: 8
    edited June 2011
    Hello everyone- here is what i got-i do need to move as quick as possible however i did walk out mid through negotiations-

I wrote these down as the salseman would not give me the paper-

2011 Altima s

Fully loaded-

39 month lease

Convenience Plus Package
    SL package
    Tech Package

1500 down to cover DMV deal whatever-(this does not bring price down)
    res. 17476(buyout)

324 month-

thoughts?
  • ahashmiahashmi Posts: 67
    28780 is not really lower than MSRP, you should be about 26k on this car with all the incentives. Try zag.com
    Hi djdez. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Altima Coupe S with 12,000 miles per year are .00230 and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00078 and 55%.

The 39 month numbers are .00078 and 54%.

I believe that the numbers are exactly the same for the Coupe with the SL package.

Car_man
    Host
    edited July 2011
    well i did on the phone in 10 min what i could not do face to face in 10 hrs with 5 dealerships. at that last dealership in person and the only dealership that had a black on black loaded with leather sl bose audio and so forth. in the middle of negotiation on price my wife blurted out that another dealer had the price at 315.00 a month. since i was still trying in negotiate the MSRP i new at that time it was GAME OVER. and of course the salesmen dropped from 359.00 a month right to 315.00. i walked out.picked up the phone at a deale 50 miles away who had a loaded black on black. 2876, 24734 OTD 265.00 a month. no haggle no BS. these prices were internet and posted online. i was shocked but very happy. this is a dealer in NJ.

this however did not include Tech package. i tried and tried and just could not find and see one with the Tech. package.
  • coke69coke69 Posts: 4
    This is my first lease and not sure what i can negogiate. Live in the NY/NJ area and looking to lease an altima 2.5S. What is a fair term. Appreciate the info/help/guide. Thank You, Joe
    Joe after 10 hours of face to face at 5 different dealerships in NJ all BS me i found one in NJ about 50 min from my home. 2.5 SL with everthing but Nav black on black(leather) upgraded bose and so on-

265.00 month 1000 down. if interested let me know-

(MSRP prices and internet prices are shown online so no BS) did everything in 10 min on phone and the wife went signed and picked up the car. zero problems.
  • smckdwn989smckdwn989 Posts: 11
    edited July 2011
    So I'm in the process of trying to hand in my 2008 altima, it's got 3 payments left on a 39 month lease.

i've been negotiating but the dealer today came up with some very surprising figures and I walked out since he wasn't willing to deal with me. I'd appreciate some help if you can.

Basically he insisted he was selling the 2011 altima 2.5S coupe with leather/premium MSRP of 29960 for 23800. Payments with 0 down still came out to 353 per month and i pushed on getting the residual and moneyfactor which is gave me as 51% and .00120 which differ greatly than the residuals and money factors that i thought (56% for a 12k lease and .00078).

Obviously they also baked in more fees than the typical documents, bank fee. I walked out, but want to make sure I'm doing the right thing and that they are playing with the residual and money factors to make it seem like I am getting a good base cap cost.

ps i am in CT and would be interested in finding info out on that dealer... I don't mind traveling if the deal is right
    Welcome Joe. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

If you provide us with the full MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact Altima that you want, you can find that information here: New Vehicle Pricing, I would be happy to work up a sample payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • fueledupfueledup Posts: 64
    altima 3.5 sedan, msrp 30,800.00, total out of pocket 1,000.00 includes first payment ,39 months ,12k per year ,total payment amount $315.00 that includes sales tax of 7% , includes 2-year maintenance, $399.00 disposal fee.
  • geffengeffen Posts: 278
    edited July 2011
    The first two links says page not found.
    Wondering if could let me know which dealer you went to for that deal?
    Huh, sorry about that geffen. They must have changed them. Here you go:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/10-steps-to-leasing-a-new-car.html

http://www.edmunds.com/car-loan/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

Car_man
    Host
    car_man, do you know what the July Lease rates are for the Altima Coupe 2.5S?
  • geffengeffen Posts: 278
    This is my first time leasing, last month i just started leasing a 2011 Nissan Altima and just wanted to know since i am paying tax every month on the lease will this be a taxable event on my 2010 state or local income tax ?
  • riccy8riccy8 Posts: 8
    I also live in jersey, could you tell me where you went to? i would love to get that same deal! please looking for lease asap... and honda is not cooperating with me Thank you
This discussion has been closed.