Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• Can I also get the info for the 2012 model? Thank you
  • Carman - I am interested in a 2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL. As I would like it, the MSRP is $29,920 and the invoice looks to be around $27,300 (with destination fee). I would prefer the 2013 because of the improved MPG.

Can you tell me what the residual percent and lease money factor rates are for the month of August on a 15K miles per year for a 39 month lease term? My lease is up January 8th, but they've offered me 3 months forgiveness off my current lease if I lease again by September 4th and $1000 loyalty cash incentive. I'm trying to figure out if now is the time to make the change. Do you think the 2013 incentives or lease rates will get better later in the year?

Also, I have read that you should negotiate the selling price even on a lease. Can you confirm that is true?

Thank you for helping me.
  • I just leased a 2012 Altima 3.5 SR w/ sports and premium package and carpet and floor mats for $245/mo +TTL (In Illinois where you have to pay tax on the entire vehicle price and not just the lease term) with $0 down and a $3000 trade in (for a car I've paid nothing for). This is a 39 month lease. Is this a great deal?
  • zi_rahzi_rah Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man

Looking to see if you can provide me with the residual value and current money factor of a Nissan Altima 2.5 S Model with a lease term of 39 months 12,000 miles/yr.

Thanks
  • hjasonhjason Posts: 1
    Same question here for me as well.
    Also, I got a quote on 2012 Altima 2.5SL with a lease term of 39 months 12,000miles/yr
    $1000 down with 250/month for the rest of 38 months (TTL included). Can I do better on this one?
    Please help Thank you.
  • zi_rahzi_rah Posts: 2
    Yea you could definitely do better I think. When I was negotiating with them they started out with $0 down and $274 a month but talked them down to $240 with nothing down. Didn't accept the offer right there because we were interested to see how much the insurance would be (came out to $130). Plus with the new 2013 models out and how different they look you would think they'd want to move the 2012 models off the lot as quickly as possible.
  • Hello Zi Rah,

You got a great deal! Congratulations on your excellent negotiation.

I'm going to lease a 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5s today and I would like to ask you some questoins if you can help me out.

Can you please tell me the specs of the lease for the $240/mo price?
    * # miles per year?
    * # of months?
    * did you mean $0 down for capitalized cost reduction? or literally 0 down? The reason I ask is that most dealers usually want you to pay the following upfront:
    - First month payment
    - Acquisition Fee (usually ~ $500 an non negotiable)
    - Documentation, Registration, License, Tag, and Title Fees (usually ~ $300)

So, I would have thought even for such an awesome deal ($240/mo), that you would still have paid ~ $1040 up front to cover the costs I listed above.

Can you please elaborate on this?

Much appreciated!! Thank you.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Welcome back jknast. I'm glad that you've found this forum so helpful. It sounds like the dealer is playing games with you. There really isn't any magic way for the dealership to get you out of your Maxima lease 9 months early. Chances are if you are getting out of your Maxima that early that you will end up overpaying for your new Altima. You would be better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your current deal to get something new, if possible. As an added bonus, the deals on the 2013 Altima will likely be significantly better several months from now.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Altima SL with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 60%, respectively for top tier customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi new_buyer1216. NMAC's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Altima Sedan 2.5 S with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi new_buyer1216. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Altima Sedan S with 12,000 miles per year are .00020 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi worleygirl. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Altima Sedan 2.5 SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the incentives that Nissan has to provide on the 2013 Altima improve. the question is how long will the new model honeymoon period last with it? It is very possible that this car's programs will be more attractive in January than they are today, but it is difficult to say for certain what Nissan will do with its future programs.

You absolutely should negotiate the selling price of a vehicle that you intend to lease. The selling price of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi zi_rah. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Altima 2.5 Sedan S with 12,000 miles per year are .00020 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • khuzbuzkhuzbuz Posts: 14
    We finalized a deal for my brother, who is about to graduate college, and is taking advantage of the College Grad Program. With $2K out of pocket he will be paying $350/month on a 39 month lease for 15k miles per year. Monthly payments include tax, tags etc. Residual is 0.61 and money factor is 0.002.
  • Can you please tell me What was the sticker price on your brother's car?
    MRSP - $28,980
  • Hi everyone,

I'm actually looking at a lease on this - 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S - with 12,000 Miles per year for 39 months. The numbers I have been able to negotiate towards pretty much line up with your numbers.

It's for 200/month with 1500 total due at signing. So not 0 down, but the 1500/39 is comes out to $38 a month so it's pretty much a wash (excluding the time value of money, of course). Money Factor is .00020 and the residual is 51%

I'm not sure if I can do any better than that or not, but if anyone has, I'd certainly love to hear about it as the deal will be done this week!
  • Thank you. Was there any Dealer Incentive Cash offered to reduce the Sticker price?
    I'm not sure if there were any rebates. I really doubt it since this model just came out in the market.

MSRP - $28,980
    Internet Price - $28,200
    Final Agreed Upon Price - $26,700 (This is the 2nd vehicle we leased from same dealership)
    MD Tax - 6%
    Tag/Title/Doc Fee - $471
    Money Factor - 0.002
    Residual - 0.61

Total Out of Pocket - $2,000

Monthly Payment - $350 for 15,000 miles per year on a 39 month lease.
  • Test drove both the 3.5 S and 3.5 SV last week and very impressed with the car. I'm stil in the process of negotiating a good deal with the internet sales department of a dealership in my area. (New Jersey). I'm waiting on some lease numbers from them. I figured maybe I could get some helpful info here. So far I was quoted a "special internet " price for the 3.5 S of $24,699. Still waiting on a price for the 3.5 SV. I was told they are scarce because Nissan is still shipping. Based on my research thus far invoice for the the 3.5 is $24,165 so they are close but I still think I could get invoice or below. With that said can you please provide the money factor and reisdual for both the 3.5S and SV? 36 months and 39 months 12,000 miles per year. Also, if anyone recently got a great deal on the 3.5 and can share there experience that would be awesome. Thanks!
  • I got a very specific/targeted (or maybe not) offer from my dealer and I need your opinions to see how good it is... Here's the deal:

1. I'm currently on a lease on 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S w/SL with 8-9 payments left (I got a reasonable deal on it back in 2009)
    2. The dealer is offering me a new lease on a 2012 Altima with the exact same specs as my current one (2.5SL without navigation) for a pretty good price (under the TMV). The price is good because of a rebate due to the 2013 model being released and a rebate due to re-financing with Nissan (and some negotiation).
    3. Now, the kicker for me is the payment forgiveness for all 9 remaining payments and no wear and tear costs (including a scratch on the vehicle from a parking accident) or mileage costs etc. Basically I hand in my older vehicle and pick up the new one.
    4. I pay 0 down on the new vehicle and my monthly payment is even slightly lower than what I am paying right now.

Questions:
    1. I know the 2013 model is a new generation model and has some significant differences. The 2012 model is almost exactly the same as mine, except for some minor differences and a better CVT. But is the 2013 model worth a huge premium?
    2. What I want to do ideally is take the lease and buy the car out after a year or so by paying the residual value. If I buy the car outright now, they are not offering me any rebates or payment forgiveness. In what situations does it make financial sense to lease and buy during the lease?
    3. Leasing the same car again - what do you think about that?
This discussion has been closed.