Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• Here's the fine print from the national deal. If you do the math, you're assumption is correct. They are selling the car at MSRP minus your money down. They're not selling the car at invoice minus your money down.

2013 Altima 2.5 S with Splash Guards and Mats Lease
    24 Months - $219/Month - $2,399 initial payment.

Excludes taxes, title, and license. $2,399 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $2,180 consumer down payment, $219 first month payment.) (Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.)

2013 Altima 2.5 S with Splash Guards and Mats lease model 13113 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $23,555 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $20,514 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $5,256. At lease end, purchase for $16,489, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. Disposition fee due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 10/01/2012.
  • Yea, I don't think he wanted to listen to me on that. He told me a 13 2.5sl 12k a year, 39 months will be $415 a month. I told him he's crazy. He kept insisting on his sticker price of 29xxx even though they had the overstock.com price of 26xxx
  • I certainly do mikers1981. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s September buy rate lease money factor for the 2013 Altima Sedan is .00149. this car's residual values vary by trim level.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi mikers1981. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. While most manufacturers assume some sort of discount from MSRP in their officially advertised deals, I doubt that Nissan is using a selling price of dealer invoice. The selling price used to arrive at the advertised payment probably assumes some sort of reasonable discount that can be beaten by consumers who live in an area that has a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
  • Wow, that's still a high money factor. I guess we probably won't see lower rates until next year
  • when did lease rate come down, i was at 2 nissan dealers this weekend, i am tier one, and its still .002 (4.8%) they said., yours at .00149 (3.56%)...when did it change....also called an out of state nissan dealer, and got .002...so if it came down, it was not reflected this weekend.
  • you claim you got this but wont say from which Broward county florida nissan dealers of which there are 5. i went to all...none are selling at 89-90% of msrp as you claim.

i wish you provided me with the dealer you went to..but o-well.

i went to all 5, 2 of them gave me on a msrp on a 2013 2.5SV w/ packages etc, a sales price of 25412 (93.6%) of sales price and the other 93.25% of msrp or a sales price of 25317. all the others were at 94-95% of msrp.

using the best price, the deal including 1000 down and after paying taxes regi, and 1st payt etc, left 434 toward cap reduction.

final tally 319. plus broward county 6% sales tax=19=338.

the figures of nathenek of 296 plus 6% tax for a total payment of 316, based on a 89-90% selling price is not attainable by the 5 soputh florida broward county dealers, so says my research.

i also got professional after market tinting, and most important VIN # etching no charge.

now let me explain about VIN # etching...dealers charge about $175 for this. but it will save you on your insurance premium about $19-21 per month.
    ***PS---shame on you nathenk...you take place in this conversation, then bail...its difficult to believe you after my extensive , exhaustive research.

as for negotiating a lease , and the dealer gives you the national deal, you gotta do homework, check dealers thru-out the usa, see what their msrp to sales price is,,,all the other numbers are set. RV is 60% of msrp, the money factor is what it is for tier 1 if u have v.good credit. these arent numbers the dealer moves off of.

the number dealers move on is msrp to sales price....and if you know how to figure a lease, and there are plenty of websites to know and understand, you can go into a dealer with your numbers, and get it. if not do as I did and walk and go to another dealer. Im fortunate, i have 5 (actuall 8 less than an hour awayy. good luck all.
  • you have got a lot of homework to do Im afraid, and sorry to say...i did it and you can too to get the best deal you can.

as for negotiating a lease , and the dealer gives you the national deal, you gotta do homework, check dealers thru-out the usa, check different areas, east vs west vs south etc, just pick any four random dealers or better yet look for the mega dealers/auto malls etc..., see what their ratio of msrp to sales price is,,,all the other numbers are set. RV is 60% of msrp, the money factor is what it is for tier 1 if u have v.good credit. these arent numbers the dealer moves off of.

so after msrp, negotiate a price, your sales price...I found dealers in my area were at 94-95% of msrp, i got two at 93.25 and 93.6% of msrp.....they started at 97%...after that, I try to put little down, in my case i went for 1000 down , 338 for first payment,228 for tax etc, and 434 toward cap cost reduction.

the number dealers move on is msrp to sales price....and if you know how to figure a lease, and there are plenty of websites to know and understand, you can go into a dealer with your numbers, and get it. if not do as I did and walk, then go to another dealer. Im fortunate, i have 5 (actually 8 less than an hour awayy. good luck all.
  • i was offered a 2013 2.5 sl with tech package for 39 month 15k. $4000 down and $270 a month. I was wondering if this a good deal and if there is anything I should be cautious about because everything I've read on here hasn't really come close to this.
  • Hey mikers1981. The redesigned Altima just came out. Give it a little while and the support will eventually come.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi steen013altima. Nissan's September lease program came out on the 5th. The .00149 money factor for the 2013 Sedan has been available since then. Some dealers may be trying to mark this factor up though.

Car_man
    Host
  • ummm...$4000 down on a 39 month lease, way too high.

approx figures bc I dont know msrp etc.

but an SL2.5 msrp of .............................................28800
    selling price 26800 (about 93% of msrp is a good price)+destination595=================27400
    residual 60% of msrp = 17280
    gives you payt rental charge of 259 + interestmonthly (money factor @.002) +89 . total payment before monthly sales tax 348.
    this is with 500-1000 down, which would cover 1st month and regi/tax etc.

so 270 w/ 4K down, equating to 370 is too high IMO by about 20-25. so payt w/ 4K down should be 245-250.

good luck
  • steen013altimasteen013altima Posts: 34
    edited September 2012
    thanks...it equates to 4/10th of an interest point, and lowers payments by about 15-20 for tier one.

Ive leased 10 cars in my lifetime, the last 4 nissans, Ive never had a dealer mark the money factor up , because it doesnt come from them but from the nmlc, or nmac in nissans case

the only way to mark it up is if your credit score doesnt make the mark or grade. tier one Ive come to find out from nissan only is credit score of 710 and above,...not 720 which is toyotas or even 740on GM's, i dont know why 710 , but it is..

so if your score is that or above, getting tier one .00149 shouldnt be a problem.
  • I got this and don't know if it's a good deal or not ?
    MSRP: $30,250
    Selling Price: $28,135

24 month lease
    Residual 67%
    Money Factor 0.00139
    Drive off $861+ ($846.00 for registration+acq)
    Mo Payment $389

Should I get it ?
    Thank you
  • steevosteevo Posts: 330
    edited September 2012
    Thats a pretty good deal right now for 24 months especially if thats with 15000 miles. Still good even if 12000.
  • I had posted this on the general buying experience, but believe, it fits better here.

Got the follwoing quote for the 2013 2.5SV with nav, convenience + external lighting ( as aftermarket):
    List price: $ 27150
    Discount: $ 3215 ( VPP )
    Aftermarkets: $ 399
    Total Purchase: $ 24334 ( incl. Ext. lighting of 399 as aftermarket )
    Admin Fee: $ 699
    State + Local taxes ( live in SC, but offer from NC dealer ): $ 300
    Title + License fees: $ 595
    3 year/36K maintenance: $ 489

Total OTD: $ 26417

Am planning to lease for 36 months with first rate of $ 345 as down payment for $ 345 per month; residual is 59% with a buy out of $ 15933 and a rate of 0.00149

Have to say they are giving me good money for my 09 Cube with 47K miles ( $ 10500 ), which is what I still owe on it, so this will be a wash for me. I think, I can get them to waive the maintenance and the downpayment. Then I still have a 500 $ voucher/coupon from them, where I am not surem if they will still accept them - at least it would give me a 20$ walmart gift card i just read about the $500 Visa Gift card and checked the saab.com webpage but could not find it there, so I would be very interested in where I could get that as well.

Would be very thankful, if you can let me know, if this is a good deal, since I want to pull the trigger soon.

Thanks a lot !!!
  • REF: 1688
    I would be very wary of this dealer. Mx costs for a 3 year lease are zero (Nissan warranty covers ALL). Admin fee is pure BS. Neither NC nor SC have ANY required admin (doc) fee so that should also be zero. Do your research before you get hosed!
  • Thanks alot, Pegasus17 !!! The maintenance plan is for the regular maintenance for the scheduled events, at the 3750, 7500 miles, etc. Since I will drive a lot, I will defenitely see the big check up and all the smaller ones, which I believe result already in more then the 489 $. Are you sure, that those maintenances, oil changes, etc. are included in the warranty ??

Besides the admin fee, etc. do you think the deal is good ???

Thks
  • REF: 1690
    Warranties do NOT cover routine items. Scheduled mx on a 3 year lease is limited to oil changes and tire rotations, period. Why spend $489 on those small items?

Tell the dealer you are going over to test drive the NEW Accord and see if they get easier to deal with...
  • Thanks a lot. What do you think of the overall deal, though ???
This discussion has been closed.