Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    edited January 2013
    REF: 1775
    Without knowing sale price, residual, and MF, i can only provide a wag. Based on $11 per 1000 of msrp, i would offer 319 per month and accept 325 or below. Not 340...

CORRECTION:
    Found estimates for lease calcs. Residual 68%, mf=0.00129, NMAC lease incentive $650. Using a sell price of 26800, i get 352 (pre-tax).
  • nissanznissanz Posts: 21
    Thanks for your reply

I got the numbers

MSRP - $29000
    Sale Price - $26000
    Lease rebates and bonus cash - $1150
    Final sale Price - $24850
    MF - 0.00078
    Residual = $19150
    Monthly payment with tax - $340

What do you think?
    edited January 2013
    something is not right! i get 297 pre-tax payment for 24 months
    tax rate?
    is tax charged on lease term only? most states are this way (not texas, etc.)
    msrp=29015?
    acq fee = 595
    Yes, tax is only on lease term only. The dealer said $29000. Maybe Its $29015.
    Dealer said tax on monthly payment is 9%
    i get 324 per month (including tax) using your numbers.
    are you sure you can get BOTH the 650 lease incentive and the 500 NMAC bonus cash?

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
    This was the quote I got from the manager
    With 12K miles the payment was $326
    I wanted 15K miles and he said it will be $14 more per month
    residuals:
    66% ; 324
    67% ; 311
    68% ; 298

so, 340 is too high if he gave you the right numbers
    Make them sweat til tomorrow...
    thanks pegasus17

Will try to negotiate for under $298
    actually, 324 should be your target for 15k miles per year
    the 298 is for 12k per year
    good luck
  • mit4mit4 Posts: 1
    State MA: I'm planning to lease 3 yr / 15K miles for 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV (with the technology package). Online MSRP comes to about 28K incl. sales tax of 6.25% (with the convenience and navigation package). If I am planning to put about 3K down payment, what monthly rate range should I aim for? Thanks!
  • In July, I'm going to be returning my 2010 Altima 2.5S, for which I'm paying $299 plus tax (around $325 total). If I get another Nissan, this will be my 3rd Nissan from this particular dealership. In reading these forums, I'm not sure I got such a good deal on this car. I had no idea that I could negotiate my lease (I should have done more research). I decided I want the 2013 2.5SL, but don't really want to pay that much more than I'm paying now. Long story short, is it wrong of me to expect an incentive to lease another Nissan?
  • Hi rccbrandon. I don't believe that Nissan is currently offering any owner loyalty incentives on the Altima right now. You can still negotiate a good deal on one but you won't be given any additional benefit that I am aware of for being a returning customer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • kekkalanekekkalane Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    mit4: I just leased my 3rd Nissan Altima. This time I got the 2.5 SV. With no down payment, my payments are about $350/month. With your down payment, you should negotiate for $325/month or less (for a fully loaded 2.5 SV).

Being a repeat customer benefits you if your current lease is through NMAC. I learned on my most recent trip to my dealership that once you have made 18 payments on time to NMAC, you are considered a valued lessee and could get any Nissan you wanted! Because I know better, I stepped away from the GTR in the showroom and got an Altima with more features than my last.

Hope this helps!
  • giovanni0311giovanni0311 Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    Today i finally talked to the dealership after doing intense research of my own to try and learn as much as possible and after i asked what other fees i would be paying she said i would have to pay for the miles. Now after all the research i have done and not once did i pass by a forum or tip/advice guide on leasing that i would have to pay for the mileage.

Anyways even if i did it wouldn't be bad because it would be an extra $50 a month. Here is the fine print on the ad in the newspaper :

42 month lease. Payment excludes miles and requires the minimum annual mile package of 5,000. prices include all costs to be paid by consumer except your local sales tax, actual registration, and title fee. Prices based on primary lender approval at best tier. Must take delivery from dealer stock. closed end lease without purchase option. Lessee responsible for excess wear and tear. No security deposit required. ) 0 due at inception, total of payments:($9163.00 for Altima.)

The value mileage package is 15k for 13cents a mile and the monthly payment of 2.5s is 99 a month for 42month. It also says 0 due at signing right under the picture of the altima and 0 due at inception in the fine print. On the top of the ad it says "zero down, zero 1st month payment, zero bank fee."

Also will i be paying the tax on the monthly payments ? or in just once in the beginning?

My question is this a good lease deal or should i not even bother?

Thanks in Advance.
  • ref: 1792
    Is that a Nissan (NMAC) lease offer?
    sounds very shady.
    A rule of thumb for lease is $11 per month for every 1k of msrp for a standard 12k/36 month lease. Tax on leases varies by state.
    where are you?
  • giovanni0311giovanni0311 Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    In brooklyn, new york. It also does not say anything about nmac.
  • I guess this is a really good deal then based on your last post or am i wrong?
  • Just talked to the dealership once again and i do have to pay for the miles which comes to an extra 1950 a year/12 month is 162+99 a month= 261 a month..
This discussion has been closed.