Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Armada Lease Questions

Comments

• matta3matta3 Posts: 8
    I have a 2006 Nissan Armada LE, and I pay $ 643.00 per month, which includes Full Coverage Warranty.
    It has 21,000 miles, and is in great shape.

I am thinking of trading it in and seeing if my dealer, or another Manufacturer, will be willing to pay off the lease balance and get me into a new vehicle without penalties.

Am I crazy or has anyone done this 19 months into a 36 month lease before?Thanks
  • kipckipc Posts: 3
    In case anybody cares, I wanted to let you know the deal I was able to work out this past week for an 08 Armada. I went in armed with data from the Edmunds site and after they realized that I was going to be one of "those guys", they laid down. I bypassed the sales guy who was one week into the job and dealt straight with the new car sales manager.

I got a loaded LE with every option except the DVD Entertainment Package and Moonroof. The reason we didn't go with the DVD package is because I had them add in aftermarket DVD headrest units in the driver and passengers seats. In addition, I also had them include $1400 of after market custom 20" rims to replace the factory ones.

My monthly payment on a 36 month/15K lease is $692 with $0 down at closing and only 1st months payment due. In order to take advantage of the $4000 rebate that was being offered in Oct., they didn't do the lease deal thru Nissan or Infiniti finance, but thru an outside independent bank. This rebate was used to reduce the cap cost on the lease. In addition, they paid the last two lease payments totaling $1,350 on the Inifiniti FX45 that I was driving and turned that car back to Inifiniti.

I feel pretty good about the deal, but probably could have done a little better if I had kept pressing.
  • Hi Car-man,

I received a deal on a loaded LE with every options except the DVD Entertainment Package for 39,816. I was wandering if you can help me with what my monthly payment would be on a 36 month/15K lease or 12K with $0 down at closing and maybe only 1st months payment due at signing. I was also wandering what financing would you suggest thru Nissan or Infiniti finance, or thru an outside independent bank. By the way, I am in Miami, Florida

Thanks
    Stan
  • pmtrepmtre Posts: 55
    Did you do the deal? That was a great price. I'm looking to get the same set up.
    MSRP $50,610 incl detination charge, Your $39,816 was $10,794.00 off that price.
    That's the best deal I've seen posted here. Like to hear if you bought or leased and the details.

Tom
  • hell yeah, that deal is better than the one I just got. Fantastic ride though!
    worth every penny.
  • I have an 05 Pathfinder with 6 payments left. I'm under mileage and the truck in in perfect shape, I want to move into a loaded 08 Armada LE, any idea how early Nissan will let me terminate??
  • since you are an existing leasee, you should be able to get out of it now.
    good deals to be had.
  • sbuhlersbuhler Posts: 100
    I would recommend that you call Nissan Credit (if that is who the lease is through) and get a payoff quote (you can also do this online). The dealer can payoff your trade based upon this payoff quote - it really does not matter that it is a lease. I would also post information about your vehicle in the real-world trade in values section of the carspace auto forums on edmunds to get a realistic trade in value (in addition to kbb and edmunds TMV). There is a possibility that your vehicle is worth more than the trade in value (especially at the end of the lease).

Sam
  • I had 6 payments left on my 05 Pathfinder and went to my local Nissan dealer. They were more than willing to pay off the lease and get me into a loaded 08 Armada LE for more than $10k off sticker. Love the new truck but alot to learn with all the new toys!
    That seems like a great deal! What was the MSRP of the 08 LE? What were the remaing payments on the Pathfinder? Did you end up buying or leasing?
    Where was the dealer?

Thanks in Advance,

Tom
  • Sticker was $52,290 paid $42,150 after the $4500 rebates. I had 6 payments of $345 left on the lease and they paid off the truck to Nissan as well. I ended up buying this time because I hated watching the odometer. So fay I love it, lots of cool toys!!!
    Thanks for the reply! That's an amazing deal.
    Do you know what the residual on the pathfinder was?
    I wonder if the dealer thought there was some equity there and bought the lease out to resell?

Tom
  • Hi

Relatively new to this negotiating game and just wanted to see if anybody had a view on the following:

4 x 2 LE with a MSRP of $46,170
    inv: $41,878
    Capital: $44,133 (inlcudes $2,850 of payments on existing lease, 6 months early due to near max miles)
    Money factor: 0.00140
    Residual: 52%
    39 month, 15k pa
    Down $1,000 including first month
    Monthly: $634.57 plus tax

I'm sure I can do better but the dealer keeps claiming that the current $4.5k rebate is only for sales rather than leases etc.

Thanks for any views
  • sbuhlersbuhler Posts: 100
    Just wanted to give you my opinion. The $4,500 rebate will not be allowed with the NMAC money factor and residual value. You could use the rebate and then go through an independent bank (but most probably the money factor will be much higher and the residual value will be a lower percentage). The only concern I have is your existing lease. What type of vehicle is it? I would recommend getting a payoff quote on your current leased vehicle. I would also recommend posting your leased vehicle in the real-world trade in values to see how much it is worth. I would be interested to know what your payoff value is compared to the trade-in value. I would think that about $5,000-6,000 off of the MSRP is all you are going to get if using the NMAC buy-rate money factor and residual value.
  • Thx for the info. The existing leased vehicle is a 2005 Infinit FX35 (zero down, 39 m lease with 12k pa - I'm at 38k and the lease terminates in July). 6 payments of $475 (inc tax) left. end of lease residual = $24911.60. Pay off value = 27,461.28 and KBB trade value = $24685.

Both old and new lease thru NMAC
  • wantmbwantmb Posts: 15
    CarMan,

Can you please provide the MF and Residuals for Nissan Armada LE 4x4 with MSRP of $47,446 and Sale price of $$44,221 -$4500 rebate for a grand total sales price of $39721 (which is invoice).

I am aware that you have to use independent back to get $4500 rebate, do these banks follow the same residual and MF as NMAC? Additionally, I am interested in a 36 or 39 month lease with 15 k miles, I live in MD 5% sales tax on entire purchase.

We need a large vehicle for the expanding family and Nissan price seems attractive, however we are not set in stone on Armada if there is a better deal on a large 4x4 SUV out there, do you have any suggestions on good lease deals if Armada lease is not a good deal (which after reading previous posts it appears not to be a good deal in general).

Can you provide what the after tax payment should be assuming I put zero down. I appreciate your support in advance!

Additionally, you provided excellent information that helped on the purchase of my last 2 vehicles (Mazda RX8 and Acura TL), thanks again.
  • Where are you located? Are those types of deals still out there? We are looking to buy before the end of the year.
  • Car man,
    I have read several posts and am a bit confused by the lease vendors. I hear that NMAC does not allow for rebates on their leases, however i also hear that non-NMAC will allow the rebate. I didnt know this was possible, how do i research other banks that will lease so that i can apply the rebates to the price? I guess i will have to research their money factors as well...and their residuals.

Thanks.
  • Hi medicallady. Nissan does not usually allow consumers who lease through NMAC to take advantage of customer cash incentives because in most cases it is already providing a large amount of lease support on the NMAC program and allowing the combination of both programs would be extremely expensive. As far as Nissan is concerned, a lease through a different bank is no different than a cash purchase and it would be eligible for any available customer cash. Having said this, NMAC's lease program is usually so much better than the ones that are available through independent banks that it usually pays to go with a NMAC lease even if if means forfeiting the cash.

Most independent banks do not deal directly with the general public, but require consumers who want to lease through them to go through a dealer. So is is difficult for individual consumers to find out what the lease programs for independent banks are like on their own. Dealers usually have computer programs that enable them to search the country for the best deals that are being offered by independent banks. If an independent bank is offering a more attractive program than a captive finance company, dealers will usually try to steer consumers in that direction.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Retail price is roughly $48,000 and selling price is roughly $42,500. I have $5,372 of negative equity in my current lease. Total capitalized cost will be roughly $48,299.00
    Quoted 36 months with 15K the money factor is .00123

Stupid question, but do I simply multiply the total capitalized cost times .0123 to get my lease payment???

Thank you
  • Disregard my message above as I had a brain cramp. I guess I am looking for a full proof money factor to multiply times the capitalzed cost to get the payment.

Is that even possible or do you have to do all of the calculations each and every time?

When will the 2009's come out?
    Thanks
  • mcbobbykmcbobbyk Posts: 5
    Car Man,
    Would you mind running the numbers on the following lease? I'm comparing their figures from NMAC against a lease calculator and I'm not having any luck.
    2008 Armada LE MSRP $52,400
    Invoice and selling at $47,400
    12,000 miles, 39 month lease
    NJ 7% sales tax
    $0 down except for 1st month payment

Saleswoman says the NMAC money factor is .000123 but was a bit hazy on the residual. I'd like any help you can give me on this lease. Thank you in advance.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi mcbobbyk. Dealer invoice is an excellent selling price for a leased 2008 Nissan Armada. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of an '08 Armada LE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00123 and 51%, respectively. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $52,400, and a selling price of $47,400, I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $622.

Car_man
    Host
  • tron2tron2 Posts: 1
    I was just given a price of $619 per month for 39 months on a 2009 Armada SE 4X4 , most options except tech pack. 20,000 miles per year & $7000 down. I was upside down on my trade, a 2002 Q-45 & I owed $14,300 on that. Can anyone weigh in on whether this is a good deal or not. The trade is confusing me. The buyout at the end seems high as well, $23,200??
  • scottinkyscottinky Posts: 194
    go smaller man, you paying a ton for that lease, 7K down? damn. walk away,
  • aamcaamc Posts: 13
    Car_man,
    I was wondering if you had access to the July/August money factors / residuals for the '08 and '09 Armada 4x4 LE at 15K/year for both 2 and 3 year terms.

Thanks,
    Anton
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi Anton. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Armada LE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00088 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00088 and 49%. The numbers for the '09 model are .00153 / 59% and .00153 / 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • sysman0sysman0 Posts: 5
    Ok Car Man, please provide me the money factor & Residual for the following:

2009 SE w/ Premium Pkg, 39 mth lease

or (if its different)

2009 LE w/ Tech Pkg, 39 mth lease

This will be in South Florida

thanks again, your information has always been a great help!!
  • You're very welcome, sysman0. Here's the info that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Nissan Armada SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00058 and 44%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host