Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
edited January 29 in Nissan
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Nissan Maxima. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• carman,

can you please give me the money factor and residual for a 2006 nissan maxima SL for 36 months, 12k miles in NY?

thanks
  • Hi mschiavone. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Maxima SL through Nissan Motor acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00205 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi, Looking at similar lease on $32,570 with a discount price of $29120. What would be my payments on 36 months with 12,000 miles per year? Thanks, SilverFox1
  • Hi silverfox1. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Maxima SL with an MSRP of $32,570 and a selling price of $29,120 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $370.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi,
    Thanks for the info. Since posting my note I received a quote from local dealer for $379.28 for a special 39 month lease. Did not jump on it since they would only honor it until end of Oct. Don't like to be pressured. Looks like $370 should be a normal deal according to your post.
  • You're welcome silverfox1. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Carman,

You were very helpful several months back in helping me get my G35x. Now it's almost time for my wife to get another car. Can you please provide me with the money factor and residual for a 2006 Maxima SE w/o Navigation for both 24 & 36 months with 15K miles per year.

Thanks again for your help.
  • Welcome back andy2812. Here's the latest info that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Maxima SE through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00121 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00121 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Which car leases out better with comparable equipment.
    I am lookng for a 36 month 15,000 mile lease with NO CAP COST REDUCTION!!

Second part, does it ever pay to lease with the plan to buy out the lease at the end.
    My reasoning is as follows:
    If you buy the car you own it if you like it or not. If you lease and love or hate the car, you have the option to give it back or buy it out.

My plan is to lease the car for 3 years and then purchase it, (if we are in love with the car), for my son who will be 17 in 3 years.

HarveyT
  • jsb5jsb5 Posts: 3
    I think you were helping me on a Mustang earlier and I appreciate it. I am now looking at a Maxima (for better bad weather handling).

Do you know what the money factor and residual is on a 2006 Maxima SE (six-speed manual) with splash guards and floor mats from Nissan. MSRP is $32,295 and invoice is $29,364.

I am hoping to get it for $29,500, but would like to know the details ASAP. Thanks.

jsb5
  • Carman,

Can you please provide me with the money factor and residual for November for a 2006 Maxima SE w/o Navigation for both 24 & 36 months with 15K miles per year.

Thanks again for your help
  • Hi HarveyT. These cars' lease programs are fairly comparable this month. Nissan's 36 month, 15,000 miles per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 Maxima SL are currently .00161 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2006 G35 Sedan with 2WD are .00212 and 59%.

Your logic about using a lease as an extended test drive is sound. If you like the car at the end of your lease, you can buy it. One of the best things about a lease is that if you feel as though its lease-end purchase price is too high, or you just don't like it, or your car has had reliability problems or been in an accident you can just walk away from your vehicle at the end of its term.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome jsb5. I would be happy to give you an idea of what this car's lease program is currently like. In order for me to do so I need to know how long you want to lease it for an how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. you never mentioned either of these things in your post, so for now I will assume that we are talking about a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 26 month, 15k lease of a 2006 Maxima SE are .00139 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go, andy2812. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Maxima SE through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00139 and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00139 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • gidocgidoc Posts: 3
    Car Man,

Thanks in advance...

I was hoping for current residual value and money factor on a 36 mo, 12k per year on the SE and SL. Much appreciated.
  • Hey Car Man,

I was wondering if I could get the most current money factor and residual value percentage for a 2006 Maxima SE, 12,000 miles a year, on either a 36 or 39 month lease. The MSRP for the exact model I want, in case it makes a difference, is 32,295. Thank you so much.
  • Still waiting on the car to come in from the factory (next week sometime). I put down $250 to secure my name to the car when it comes in. Haven't signed papers yet, but here are the details of the deal we struck.

'06 Maxima SL
    Bluetooth system
    Splash Guards
    Floor mats
    MSRP = $31,195
    Cap Cost = $28617 (Invoice + $100)
    Lease Terms = 36 months/12K miles
    Residual = 58%
    Money Factor = .00176
    Cash Down = $3000
    Cap cost reduction (after fees and taxes on CCR) = $1682.44
    Pre tax monthly payment = $324.85
    After tax (9.1%) monthly payment = $354.41

Thoughts on my deal? I normally hate putting money down on a lease, but I really wanted to keep my payments at $350/month. Obviously I can still back out as I haven't signed any papers, so I'd love to hear feedback on this. I'm also interested in hearing about everyone elses's experience with dealer/NMAC fees and if they were able to negotiate any of them down. Here's the breakdown of why my cap cost reduction was reduced from $3000 to $1682.44.

$3000 : Cash down
    - 354.41 : First month payment
    - 175.00 : License fee
    - 35.00 : Doc fee (basically a dealership filing fee)
    - 550.00 : NMAC lease admin fee
    - 203.15 : Tax on my down payment
    = 1682.44: Actual cap reduction

Thanks!
  • carman-
    Can you please tell me the December lease specials (MF and residual) for a 24 and 36 month lease with 15,000 mi/yr for a Maxima SE and SL.
    Thanks.
  • The MSRP is about $29K with all the upgrades. We need a 12,000 mile per year - 36 month lease. i'm willing to put down $1,000. What kind of lease payments can I experct?

Thanks so much!!
  • Here you go, gidoc. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Maxima SE through Nissan Motor acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00139 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2006 Maxima SL should be .00161 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.