Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• sam_ksam_k Posts: 113
    Car_man,

Any word on the March leasing terms for the 2009 Maxima SV? Again, I'm interested in 36 and 39 month leasing terms for 12K and 10K miles per year. Thanks in advance.

Sam
    Actually I think I'm going to stick with a 36 month lease on the Maxima SV. The basic warranty is only 36 months / 36,000 miles so with a 39 month lease, you're not covered for everything the last 3 months of the lease. Most luxury cars have a 4 year basic warranty (such as Infiniti) so you'd be covered for a 39 month lease.
  • nyc7535nyc7535 Posts: 2
    Just signed lease yesterday at Starr Nissan in NY

Maxima S
    39 Months 10K

340 month (Including bank fee)

First, tax and plates total due at signing total ($1685)
    Money factor ,00220
    Residual 58%

MSRP 30,185
    Cap cost 26,342
    Adjusted cap 26,937 (over 2000 under invoice, 750 cash back to dealer included)

Went through Hann financing which does have a 450 disposition fee, but NMAC has a 350 fee i hear as well so no big difference and gap is included being that it is NY
  • That is a VERY GOOD deal.

How were you able to negotiate the $2,000 under invoice? Usually they are not available in nyc.

I was able to find more than $2K off invoice for 2009 SV in tennessee though:
    http://www.autonation.com/index.cfm?vehicle=2009_Nissan_Maxima&action=InventoryS- - - - earch&subaction=SearchDetailNew&InventoryID=16802832&inventorytype=New&preauctio- - - - nsearch=
  • bman33bman33 Posts: 59
    Car_man:

I am also looking for 2009 Maxima SV March, 2009 lease rates. I am interested in 36 month/45000 and 39 month/48750 money factors and residuals. Please also list any applicable rebates/lease cash/etc you are aware of.

Thanks,

Brian
  • nyc7535nyc7535 Posts: 2
    Thanks, as i stated the $2,000 under invoice did include the $750 manufacturer to dealer cash back so it was around $1,350 under invoice. Seems like the Maxima although a great car is not selling well. My third Maxima lease and never got one below invoice.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey Sam. Here's the latest info for you. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Nissan Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00226 and 57%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00226 and 56%.

I'm not sure if NMAC offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year, but if it does the residual values for that allowance are probably 1% higher than the above residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Congrats on getting your new Maxima, nyc7535. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you have the time, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Brian. Here's the information that you're looking for. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Maxima SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00226 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00226 and 55%. Nissan is providing some dealer cash on this car to dealers who hit certain sales targets, but I don't believe that it has any consumer cash incentives on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

Can you please give me the April leasing terms for the 2009 Maxima SV sedan? I'm interested in 24, 36 and 39 month leasing terms for 12K and 10K miles per year. This will be the last month I will ask for figures because the extension on my 2006 M45 lease expires this month. Thanks in advance.

Sam
  • mhupp2mhupp2 Posts: 2
    I was recently quoted a money factor number of .00164 for a 39 month lease on a 2009 Maxima SV. This seems like a big drop from what I was quoted for March--can I expect the rate to continue to go down? My current lease is up in June, so I am trying to time when the right time to lock in would be. Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,450
    Find out the money factor and residual and then decide if it looks good. You can turn in your lease for another murano at any time now and they will buyout your lease. Research the best price on a new one and do the numbers. Ask the dealer about paying off the lease. Check your tires -- might need a new set if the tread is low.
    Hey Sam. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Maxima SV is .00142. The factor for an otherwise identical 39 month lease is exactly the same.

You definitely don't want to lease this car for 24 months. Nissan is no longer providing support on 2 year leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man. You didn't mention the residual percentages for the 36 and 39 month 10K and 12K miles per year leases. Actually because the car only has a 36 month warranty, I'm only considering a 36 month lease so could you please tell me the residual percentage for both 36 month 10K and 12K miles per year leases. Thanks.
  • Does anyone know the current money factor for a 39 month lease on the 2009 Maxima S for 12k mileage?

Thanks
  • jps1010jps1010 Posts: 13
    I see the Nissan Maxima is offering a $1250 manufacturer to customer incentive for April. Can anyone tell me if this can be used towards a lease as a cap cost reduction? I believe so but would like to confirm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • goudaygouday Posts: 4
    ~~ I am new to the leasing game, and would like to obtain the best lease price on 09 Maxima SV prem & sports package; 39 months zero down & 12,000/year. I live in northeast ohio and have seen them listed @ $36,300, is this decent price?

Also, what is the starting point when negotiating a lease with a dealer?
    Has anyone received any good deals in Cleveland, OH
    thanks
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    The starting point on negotiating a lease is first knowing how a lease payment is calculated. Try Lease Guide as a education tool. After figuring out how then find out how much right here by getting the current factors for the car you are looking for.
  • korey_kkorey_k Posts: 3
    I am currently leasing an Accord which ends mid-June, and am looking at a Maxima. Given mileage issues, its too much out of pocket, to get a new car now and return the Honda early avoiding more mileage. My question is whether there is any way to know what the money factor/residual % will be for May for the SV. The residual % seems to be pretty steady, so the wildcard is the money factor.

What about other rebates/incentives? Is it basically wait til May? Since I have until mid-June, I can try for a better deal. I'm guessing the answer is that there is no way to know until May.
  • elanspelansp Posts: 36
    Signed on the dotted line tonight to replace my 2006 G35x. Picked up the S with standard options (mats, etc). DMV and doc fee was the only money out of pocket. 39mo/10k year came out to be $365/month (all taxes, first month payment, etc rolled in). NJ sales tax is 7%.

Can anyone make me feel good and tell me that I got a good deal :-) ?
  • gs42gs42 Posts: 54
    Yes.

I leased one in November and was 2999 out of pocket plus 339 a month 12k per year 39 months. You did very well. I expect it to get a little better by August or so... but if you enjoy the car as much as I do mine, that won't matter.
    Dealer finance guy showed me on his computer that they "lost" approximately $396 on the deal. What happened behind the scenes (leasers and purchasers take note) they finances through Hann Financial and were able to use the $1275 rebate (they had me sign it over to them). If the deal was done with NMAC they would not have been able to apply the rebate and they would have given me a worse rate.
    see my post below # 363
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    My question is whether there is any way to know what the money factor/residual % will be for May

Only if you are a physic.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,128
    Or a psychic! ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Got the following deal offered in Tampa FL

2009 SV with bluetooth, mats

MSRP 34,205
    Sales 33,300
    Down 1,299
    Residual 57%
    MF .00142
    39 months 12K miles
    Payment $395 pre tax

Not too keen on the down over 1st payment but might be applying to TTL etc. What is the current Dealer Cost (profit) on these leases?

I have been working with the on-line lease calculators and a similar excel spread but can't seem to get back to their pmt. I had to back into Cap cost to match their pmt vs quote price. Would indicate they are adding something but not disclosing.

Have been working with them several days and this seems like their bottom. Residual seems like a good deal vs. others lately for other brands <50% on Honda Pilot.

Leaning toward sitting still till next month (Memorial Day Specials) to see if it gets better. Also looking at Pilot for best "value" Can't believe it will get worse.

Any thoughts?

Thx
  • traindrivertraindriver Posts: 328
    I can't comment on MF's and residuals but if you are only getting about $900 off of sticker price, that seems steep to me. I posted this in the "2009 Nissan Maxima" thread a few days ago:

For comparisons sake, I occasionally look at a few dealers in the southeast and mid-atlantic for online pricing. dobbsdirect.com, teamdirect.com, Brown's Sterling Nissan, fitzmall.com, nissanofforestcity.com, antwerpennissan.com, etc. I don't think I have seen anything as low as 26.8 with the options you want.

The discounts offered are quite a bit bigger than $900. Do some inventory searches on some of those sites and see what you think.

I was down in Augusta, Ga about a month ago and they had some "sale tags" hanging from the rear view mirrors: Maximas with MSRPs of 36k for 31-32k. FWIW.

Maybe you are posting a sales price that includes (a lot of) Florida taxes????
  • zooch76zooch76 Posts: 4
    Hi Everyone,

I almost bought an 09 Maxima SV tonight on a whim (went in for an Xterra but the lease rates were insane so I looked @ the Maxima). I REALLY liked it but decided to wait a bit so I could do some research. Can someone please tell me if the below deal they offered is good?

MSRP: $35,300
    Down: $2999
    Monthly Pmt: $542 (incl. tax)
    Residual: 56%
    Money Factor: 0.00250

My credit is Tier 2 and I live in Southern California.

If the above deal isn't good, does anyone have any suggestions as to what is a good deal?

Thanks in advance!
    You're welcome, Sam. Here's the latest info for you. NMAC's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Maxima SV Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00108 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00108 and 55%. I'm not sure if NMAC offers 10,000 mile per year leases on Nissan division vehicles, but if it does, its 10k residuals are likely 1% higher than its 12k resids.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.