Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• drlev99drlev99 Posts: 2
    Oh, and one other thing the dealer missed that I picked up on before I signed the papers, thank god! There is currently $500 cash incentive on the lease. So, now my payment went down to $350/mo....nice! I am not sure Nissan even knew about it till I mentioned it.
  • miami13miami13 Posts: 2
    Hello All - I was offered the following deal this week and was hoping someone could review this and let me know their thoughts.

MSRP - $33,645

Model 3.5 SE
    Dark Slate exterior
    Black Leather interior

Packages and Options
    Splash Guards
    Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone System
    3.5 SE Premium Audio Package
    Power Glass Sunroof
    Driver Preferred Package
    3.5 SE Sensory Package

Accessories
    Carpeted Floor & Trunk Mats

39 Month Lease with only first month due at signing.

15,000 miles per year

$417 not including taxes

Appreciate any insight and thanks in advance...
  • Hi Dave. I see that you are considering making a $3,000 down payment on the Maxima that you want to lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be better off going with a zero down lease.

You never mentioned the selling price of the Maxima that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Greetings miami13. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure that the dealer you are working with uses its buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 Maxima 3.5 SE is .00076.

You never mentioned the selling price of the Maxima that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • puripuri Posts: 16
    i have a 2005 Altima SL that is coming to the end of the lease on Sept 21. I am considering upgrading to a 2007 Maxima, the quote i am getting for a 3.5SL with the driver preff package, leather, 6 cd changer etc with a price of 33,255. I am looking to put down 2089 down (incl title, bank and other fees), for 39 months, 15000 miles and the dealer has quoted me $389/month. Do you think this is a good deal?

would appreciate your inputs as i need to move on this ASAP.
  • puripuri Posts: 16
    the quote above includes taxes (i am a resident of NJ)
  • Thanks Car_man
    Unfortunately my girlfriend couldn't wait and went for the lease. But I still appreciate the advise, and we'll know better next time. My car lease is up next summer.
    -Dave
  • You're welcome, Dave. Let me know when you have any questions about the next vehicle that you want to lease. See you around the forums.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan,
    Can you tell me what the Lease Money Factor Rate for a 2008 3.5 Maxima SE is for 36 or 39 months? (which ever is better) Also, what is the depreciation factor/pecentage for the same vehicle for the same time period?

Thanks,
    Bob
  • jw3101jw3101 Posts: 1
    Seeking quotes on a 2008 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL w/automatic trans, super black exterior with a black leather or frost leather interior. Options to include: splash guards, power glass moonroof, platinum edition package, rear spoiler and carpeted floor & truck mats. We want to lease for 39 months, 15K miles per year for a total of 48,750 at lease end, no money down and no security deposit (we are coming off a 2004 Murano lease and will not need a security deposit)

I built the car on Nissan's website and see that the MSRP would be $33,695, I am shopping around and would prefer to stay with Nissan if the right offer comes in. I have received several quotes and am still awaiting others - I received differing info. on incentives - anywhere from $2k to $2.5K

1st response is $33,795 with all the above options and leasing conditions with a payment of $504 per mo. He stated the money factor is .0062 and the residual as $18,249 at the end of the lease instead of a percentage.

Am I correct in my feeling that there is still room to bargain? I figure between $440 - 450 per mo. is about right.

Thanks!
    Jim
  • Hi car_man, I was just wondering if there was a point in leasing a 2007 Maxima SL for 24 months at 15k/yr? Would the 2008 be a better deal? Thanks for your help!
  • I am interested in the '08 Maxima SL/or SE equipped with leather and the platnium package MSRP approximately $34500.
    I want a 27 or 36 month lease with 12K miles yearly.I want my initial payment to include 1st month(with tax) reg.&bank and only required fees no cap.reduction on my part .What would be a fair monthly payment at this time?
    I'm in Massachusetts and want my monthly to include the monthly tax
  • Hi
    I was offered below lease deal on a 07 Nissan Maxima V6 SE. The sticker price for this car is $28,995. I believe this car has all the goody options excluding the leather seats and Navigation. I think it is a good deal but I think it can be lower with no down payment. Could you please let me know?

15k miles/yr
    $14,500 residual cost
    Money factor at .091
    $450 down (drive off)
    39 months, $365(including tax) per month.

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated!
  • jap14jap14 Posts: 1
    I'm trying to find out what a good price to pay for a 36 month lease on a $33,325 msrp with no money down. I was quoted $522.00
  • ncelkncelk Posts: 22
    I would expect that with the 09 Maxima coming out in the next 6 months and the short production run of the 08 Maxima, you should be able to negotiate a good rate on a lease from now until the 09 models come out.
  • Just thought I'd share my experience; a friend works as the 'Internet Rep' for East Coast Nissan in NJ...

Maxima SE, with sunroof and "Sensory package" (I really wanted leather) - car listed for $32,600.

My deal was:
    12k miles/yr
    39 months
    $315./month, all-inclusive
    $3515 down, which includes all the jazz: fees, DMV registration, 1st month payment, taxes, etc. Was ok with this, as I wanted a low monthly nut ~

Might not be the cheapest deal here, but I thought it was pretty fair :D

Good luck on your hunt, and thanks to everyone for all your help!
    Best,
    Aurelio
  • Because the info I got from this website on leasing a couple of years ago, when my wife's 07 maxima lease was stolen two weeks ago, we got $2000 from insurance AFTER paying the lease out! And we put ZERO money down on the lease. Not even first month. Nothing but taxes and title fee.

I am looking for the lease numbers right now for a 2008 maxima. She wants the same car and wants it FAST.

She is a tier 0, nmac credit preapproval. (This is her third car with them).

So I REALLY like this service and appreciate it.

Thanks for a speedy reply.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Congratulations on getting your new Maxima, Aurelio. I can't believe how much its lease payment has come down since it was first introduced. It is a heck of a nice car for just over $300 per month. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts in your recent dealer experience. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey rwalkeredmund. I'm glad that everything turned out so well for you after your car was stolen. Heck, if I could get two grand for having my leased car stolen I'd go park it in the street with the keys in the ignition right now ;) . The lease payment for the new Maxima that you are interested in will vary depending upon a number of different factors, including its MSRP and selling price, how long you lease it for, and what mileage allowance you need. The best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that gives you a price that you are comfortable with calculate your monthly payment using your car's buy rate lease money factor.

The market for new vehicles is pretty slow right now. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you should not have any problem finding a dealer that will lease you a Maxima for a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice and then subtract the $550 dealer cash incentive that is available on leases of this car. You can look up the invoice price of the exact model that you are interested in by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, you need to make sure that the dealer uses this car's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate varies by term. Its current 36 month buy rate is .00016 for the '08 Maxima SE.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.