Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey looking4maxima. Yes, NMAC charges an acquisition fee of $595 on every vehicle that it leases. You can either pay this fee at lease signing or have it added to your car's capitalized cost to bake it into your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go, ed108. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Maxima SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00076 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00076 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Westbury, NY

I wouldn't recommend them just yet though, as they have still not delivered my car. I smell [non-permissible content removed]...
  • sahil908sahil908 Posts: 43
    Hi Car_man and other experts.

How are these numbers for 3.5S for 12k Miles/ year? I am around NY area. Thanks
  • toddh3toddh3 Posts: 16
    I heard that Nissan has added a lease termination fee with their leases? If it is true, then does anyone know for how much..is it a standard no. or made up by NMAC based upon the value of the vehicle? Thanks!
    Hi, Just curious if you picked up your car yet...
  • It's a disposition fee if you do not purchase the vehicle after the lease ends, and it is $395. Not sure if it's based on the vehicle's value, or if they do it on every model.
  • Yes, after waiting for one dealership to shaft me around for 3 weeks, I found other dealerships that had the color and model I wanted in stock, and I went to one of those and walked out with the car the same day...for the same deal I posted to start this thread.
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    can you give us any more information on this disposition fee or a link to where it states that because that sounds absolutely absurd; I've returned a Acura and Infiniti lease at the end without buying and they didn't charge a fee for returning it; I mean Infiniti is a division of Nissan and they don't charge a fee (returned a 2005 FX in July 2009) I can't believe Nissan would
    Thanks for the info. I still can't believe that its bad enough that Nissan nickels and dimes you for every nick and dent on the car but on top of that a diposition fee of $395 stinks but I here that all the car companies still leasing are doing it so I have no choice.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    Yes Infiniti charges a $395 lease disposition fee. It started for cars leased this year. The G35 I leased last year doesn't have it, the G37 I leased last month will have it.
    Yeah I found it on both the Nissan and Infiniti websites; that disposition fee is absolutely outrageous; I went to the Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura websites and I didn't see a disposition fee listed at the end of lease section on their websites so they must not charge it; I'm currently leasing a 09 TL and it doesn't have a disposition fee listed on the leasing contract; I'm going to look into this because if it is true I won't be leasing a nissan; I'd rather lease a toyota or honda then pay that stupid fee at the end of a lease; why should I be punished if I keep my car cleaned and make my lease payments on time; absolutely outrageous that Nissan and Infiniti is pulling this crap!!! I got to find out if Toyota and Honda financing are pulling this crap too
    Thanks abstrakt. Can you please provide me with the dealership's name? My email id is ansari.mohammed at gmail. Thanks a lot. Appreciate your help.
    I can't believe this with Nissan/Infiniti; I've been looking into leasing a maxima or altima and didn't know about this until I'd read your post on edmunds; thanks so much for the information!!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,398
    Disposition fees aren't exactly rare.. More banks have them, than not...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• You're welcome.

Yeah, a lot of companies are charging these fees now...I don't know much more info on it, but I wasn't going to back out of the deal for this fee.
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    I paid a $395 disposition fee for my Volvo. I did however wait 30 days and split it into 2 payments. Not that I can't pay it, but it was easier to absorb.

That fee is waived when you lease again from the same manufacturer and bank.

I just leased a Subaru Legacy and paid $0 at signing. This way, I considered my Volvo disposition fee as the amount I was about to give to Subaru for inception fees.

For peace of mind, also consider putting 1 payment as security deposit (if allowed) to cover for the disposition fee at maturity date. In some instances, the security deposit will also lower the money factor.
    yeah the more I research it the more I see the majority of car financing companies are charging it; the only one right that looks like it still doesn't charge a disposition fee is Honda and Acura financing but that might change within the next year or two; this is just another reason in many why every year that goes by it is harder and harder to lease and get a good deal; it was a lot easier to lease way back in 2004 and 2005 long before the economy took a downturn the way it did last year; plus, dealers are doing what they can not to get 3 or 4 year old used cars back on their lot when these leases expire and the disposition fee is their way to try to get people to either buy the vehicle at the end of the lease or lease a new vehicle from them
    There is hope out there when you negotiate in good faith. Just signed today with a NJ dealer and did it via Edmunds internet dealing

36 mon (not 39!)
    15k per year
    $1500 down($584 cap cost plus $402 monthly plus the doc/regis fees) at
    $402 and change per month inclusive of tax
    Agreed upon value at lease end $31,800 for car listed at $37700.

I know I should know the MF and Residuals but at these figures I think they are standard NMAC nos. and who cares anyway as there is zero chance I would buy out the car at lease end.

I hate that there is a $395 disposition fee and none of the dealers openly disclose it until you sign but what can you do when most of the car companies are adding them and I don't feel like buying a car outright.

This is the first time that a dealer who committed to writing in an e-mail to me their final offer actually did the right thing and honored it without doing the bait and switch deal.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    Agreed upon value at lease end $31,800 for car listed at $37700.

Impossible. You are not going to get an 84% residual on any car for any lease term. You sure you don't mean selling price of the car?
  • Probably a typo. May have meant $21,800 as the value at lease end, which is around the 54-56% residual value.
    My bad guys....

Gross Cap Cost is $31,800 with taxes and everything else totals $33,441. At lease end, the purchase price is $19,798.
    Hi Toddh3,

Can you please provide me with the dealer's name? Thanks.
    Lynn Nissan in Bloomfield, NJ. Good Luck!
  • Please comment if you think I got a good/bad/average deal today:

2009 Maxima S (~$31K Sticker Price)
    39 Months
    $600 upfront ($355 1st Payment + $245 Motor Vehicles Fees)
    $355 a month (includes NJ 7% taxes, Bank Fee, all other fees in the payment)
    Termination Fee - $395
    Thanks Toddh3. I think you got a good deal. I am still shopping around for a Maxima. I am not sure if i want the sports package or prem. Anyways, You think I can use your name as reference when I deal with sales people at Lynn Nissan in Bloomfield, NJ? Can you please email me the sales person's name? my email id is ansari.mohammed at gmail. Thanks again.
    Hi Toddh3, did you have any trade-in? or is that all the #s?
  • nickmaxnickmax Posts: 9
    I'm in Long Island, NY I got a 09 SV silver no nav, with 1st payment and bank fee ($595) down; 39 months 15K/ year, $406 month. including taxes and junk fees.

What do you guys think? the S was like $382
  • carman56carman56 Posts: 11
    I'm looking to lease a nissan maxima sv w/ premium package in the South Florida Area. I have seen some fantastic posts with great offers from around the country, however the two posts I see from south Fl. are much higher than those from NJ or Phili? Is it possible to get these offer in South Florida? If there is someone who recently leased in S Florida where did you go and what was your deal?

Please help.

sticker: 37,790
    Hi sahil908. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Maxima 3.5 S with 12,000 miles per year are .00139 and 56%, respectively.

Nissan is providing a special $750 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area (its Northeast region). Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your car's selling price.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.