Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• gargamellgargamell Posts: 2
    koppel nissan in Ny, queens
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi cinci5313. The money factor that you were quoted on this car looks great. It's right in line with NMAC's current buy rate for it. Now let's look at this car's selling price.

A 2009 Maxima SV equipped as you described has a spread of around $3,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. As you mentioned, the selling price that you were quoted is around $1,200 over dealer invoice plus there's a good chance that the dealer that you are working with is making another $1,000 in dealer cash on the stairstep program that is out there right now.

If you were in an area that had a decent level of competition and were willing to be flexible about this car's equipment I would say that there's a good chance that you can do better than this offer. However, if this is indeed a limited combination of options / color and if there is limited competition in your area then this deal might be reasonable.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Congratulations on getting your new Maxima, an414666. How do you like it so far?

Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Real world examples like this are always helpful for other consumers who are in the market for similar vehicles.

If you'd like, you can hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com and share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well.

Thanks again and enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • tedr5tedr5 Posts: 3
    Ardmore Nissan
  • rsazmanrsazman Posts: 4
    SV with Premium, Premium Tech:

Base $33,580
    Premium Pkg $3,450
    Premium Tech $1,850
    Cargo Organizer $150
    Floor Mats $180
    Mud Guards $170
    Spoiler $370

MSRP $39,750
    (Invoice $36,089)

Dealer adds $1,995

Total $41,745

$0 cap reduction (acquisition, doc fee, registration and 1st month paid up front)

Payments $378.74, plus tax, so sale price/adjusted cap cost was approx. $33,750.
  • akhan2akhan2 Posts: 4
    It was time to turn in my lease 2006 nissan maxima SL, so i shopped around for a few different cars and just signed on a new 2009 Nissan Maxima SV Sport lease, this is what i got: (Southern California)

2009 Maxima SV (radiant silver on black) with
    Sports Package
    Premium Charcoal leather
    Technology Package
    19 in summer tires (included in sports)
    Splash Guards
    Carpeted Floor & Trunk Mats

MSRP was ~ $38,500, below are the lease details:
    Selling Price ~35,000

39mos /15k miles a year
    Money factor: 0.01085
    residual: 55%
    1900 due at signing
    $450 a month (includes CA tax 8.25)

If someone is in the market, i would highly recommend the Sports Package - on the last generation i found the SE package too stiff and ended up getting an SL but now the Sports Package is slightly stiffer and makes for a very comfortable ride. Highly recommended.

Good luck to everyone
  • I just leased a Nissan Maxima S for $380 a mth tax included. $750 cap cost reduction plus tax title , fees etc total out of pocket $1400. I think its a pretty good deal. I'm in the South Florida area. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? Ps. Love the car!
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    You didn't tell us the selling price, lease length or miles so its impossible to tell. Cap cost reduction though is never a good idea on a lease.
  • Final SP was about $27600
  • td_inctd_inc Posts: 17
    Hi, thanks to everyone on the board! always been helpful.

I'm looking at a Maxima SV SportTech in NJ (7% tax) and this is what I've got:

MSRP - 38480
    Sale Price - 33234
    Out of Pocket - 1700
    Monthly - 398 including tax (39 months)
    and they'll pay last lease payment of trade in $306

I've asked for the same deal on a PremTech and they've said ok, not solid yet.

Is that the best it'll get? What do you think?
  • pajaha1pajaha1 Posts: 5
    td- sounds like a good deal to me, I've been casually shopping the north NJ market- I'm looking to sign in late July. May I ask which dealer you're working with?
  • td_inctd_inc Posts: 17
    Sansone Rt.1 Automall in Woodbridge

My wife's lease doesnt go back until end of July too, i'm inclined to wait because if they are willing to pay the monthly payment then why wouldnt they be willing to take that money off my out of pocket?
  • pajaha1pajaha1 Posts: 5
    I never bite on the "we'll make your last payments" thing. I know Nissan is aggressively clearing inventory this month, but I cannot see things changing for July.

I've shopped several deals in the Morris County area and yours is as good as I've heard. Stay away from Nissan World- they are crooks and I hope they're lurking on this page!
  • rw799rw799 Posts: 5
    rsazman - This deal seems to good to be true, but I hope that it is. If I read your post correctly, you are leasing this car, SV with Premium, Premium Tech, for $378.74 a month and $0 down. Is this correct? If so, what dealership?
  • audiguy5audiguy5 Posts: 2
    Here is my deal:
    Premium SV Black/Black everything but navigation
    MSRP $37,355
    Sell Price $34,052
    39 Month/ 15K per year
    54% residual
    MF .00129
    $500 out the door including 1st month and 3 months license
    All taxes and fees rolled in(5% state sales tax)
    Payment $469

Good deal? Bad Deal? Room to negotiate?
    2009 Maxima SV with Premium Pkg and Premium Tech Pkg.

MSRP: $38,355.00
    CAP: $34,800
    RES: 54% ($20,711)
    MF: .00108
    TERM: 39 Months
    Mileage: 15K/yr
    TAX: 7.25% ($2,523)
    OTD: $1000
    Payment: $469/mo ( everything included)

Please let me know what you think of this deal. When I punch these numbers into Edmunds.com's Lease Calculator I get $454/mo. Thoughts?
    Gargamel

i just picked a 2009 sv with premium package with technology package. has everything but a spoiler. 2500 bucks total out of pocket thats including taxes 1st month payment and dmw and my payments are 376 for 39 months

Can you break this down into MSRP, CAP, MF, LENGTH, MILEAGE, RESIDUAL, and TAX for me. I would really appreciate it.

rw
  • rsazmanrsazman Posts: 4
    Correct, from Midway Nissan, Phoenix, at the very end of last month's Nissan retro step incentive program.
    Hi akhan2. Thanks dor taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Real world examples like yours are always helpful for community members who are in the market for the same car. If you have the time, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi audiguy5. Let's take a look at this deal. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '09 Maxima is .00108. That's slightly lower than the factor that you were quoted for some reason. Make sure that the dealer uses the correct factor to calculate your payment.

Now let's take a look at this car's selling price. The Maxima that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $3,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were quoted a dealer discount of around $3,300 on this car. That looks like a very good price to me.

As long as you get the slight money factor discrepancy straightened out, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.