Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• Thanks Car_man for all your help. I decided to take advantage of the 0 APR. One of the local dealers offered me a selling price of $2000 under invoice @ 0 APR for 60 months. I figured it would be cheaper than the lease if I kept the car for a long time. Thanks again for all your help guys.
  • Once I agreed on a price for the lease, What other fees can I expect once I am with the finance manager?
  • Thank you Car_man for getting back to me. I did receive those numbers on a quote.
    .00066 mf and 52 % residual value for a 2009 for 36/15. I hope I can get something done soon. Looking at a SV with sports package. 36,200 msrp. Best quote so far was 32,150. But I recently discovered a $1500 loyalty incentive.
  • You're very welcome, sahil908. You did well for yourself. Two grand under invoice plus 0% for 5 years is an excellent deal. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I am looking to lease an '09 Maxima SV with premium pkg & tech. Just wondering what the best deals were out there? I bid it out to dealers in both NY and NJ. I always like to know how low the bar has been set before I negotiate. Thanks!
  • Can someone please explain how the money factor and residual values work when leasing? Do they generally make for better deals as the model year ends? Or when the new model year begins? I am looking at leasing an SV. Thanks.
  • Hi maximadrive5oo. At lease signing most consumers have to pay their vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment (NMAC usually waives this), a $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome, lucianol. Good luck in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi srizzo. The following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com contain all of the information that you would ever want to know about money factors and residual values: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, lease payments are composed of two main parts, the interest portion and the depreciation portion. Money factors are used to calculate the interest and residual values are used to calculate the depreciation. This oversimplifies things a little bit, but that's the general idea.

The "sweet spot" for leasing probably happens some time in the middle of the model year, early enough that vehicles' residual values have not dropped too low but late enough that the manufacturer has introduced some decent money factor support.

Car_man
    Host
  • To anyone out there looking at Maxima leases, I just picked up a 2010 maxima sv with mats cold pkg trunk org ... for $586 total due at signing and $397/ month including Pa's 9 % lease tax . It residual is 57% with a money factor of.00160. I have been watching these deals for a while and just had to pull the trigger. I was quoted the same out of a pocket and $378 for a 2009 maxima s just last week. I got this deal at O'Niel Nissan in Warminster Pa. Let me know what you think. I was told I got the entire $892 hold back in the deal and I tend to believe them. Good luck everyone
  • djdezdjdez Posts: 75
    Car_man ... it's been a long time! Thanks for all your help in the past. I was wondering if you had the October residuals and money factors for the 2010 Nissan Maxima SV.

I'm looking at the SV with Premium package ... and looking for both 36 and 39 month lease figures at 12k miles per year. Did they change from September? And, is the $750 still available to be applied to the lease?

Thanks!!!
  • I was ready to "unjoin" this forum since I leased my '09 Maximas SV w. the Sport Package back in January, so I wasn't planning on a new car until 2012...Well thanks to getting broadsided by one of those bucket trucks from the Phone Company, I guess I'll be shopping sooner than I thought.

Spun at least once, all I remember is BANG, breaking glass, and a blur of airbags. It took out both doors and rear fender on the passenger side, rt rear wheel is at a 45 degree angle, lower rocket panel, bumper, trunk and some damage on the "C" panel, rear door about 10 inches into the passenger compartment (Thank God my dog wasn't with me). Even the glove compartment, console and trim are all popped out of whack!

Does anybody think insurance will choose to fix it and NOT total it?

I owe about $31K on lease & residual. Book value maybe $33-34K. Has anyone been in this circumstance? I put down $4,500 (the money factor was .028 when I got it)...Has anyone ever gotten money back on any equity you had in a car?

This could have been a lot worse, but I'm bummed...my car was black with Frost Gray, and 2010 SV Sport only gets black this year (I like lighter interiors), plus I had paid to have painted pinstripes, and aftermarket body side moldings and chrome rocker panel mldg. (Oh well)

The REAL irony...I was coming back from the body shop to get an estimate for a dented left front fender & bumper that was hit in a parking lot ($2,000)..this happened 2 weeks AFTER I had to have the front bumper reinstalled after it got caught on my dog's lead pulling out of the garage (can you say money down the drain?).

It could have been a lot worse, if it was the other side I wouldn't be sitting here telling you about this.

Anybody have advice for dealing with insurance, so amybe I can recoup SOME money? I have NJ Manufacturer's Insurance who is VERY good to work with, and I don't get charged for acccidents or tickets (oh, did I mentioned I got one of those too because I had to cross oncoming traffic to get into the parking lot?
  • You're very welcome, sahil908.

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome back djdez. I'd be happy to help you out. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00177 and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease of this car are .00177 and 57%.

Yes, the $750 cash incentive is still available on leases of the 2010 Maxima in select areas (the Northeast and FL).

Car_man
    Host
  • djdezdjdez Posts: 75
    Thanks Car_man! I appreciate the figures and the quick response. However, I knew I should have asked about 2009 numbers as well! I still have the September #'s but was wondering if they changed for October on the 2009's - since I just found out there are still some 2009's left .. and I almost pulled the trigger on one last month.

Looking for same October #'s on a 2009 Maxima SV for both 36 month/12k miles and 39 month/12k miles.

Thanks again!
  • Sorry about your loss njshorewill. Well I honestly dont know the answer to your question, but I hope all the passengers in the car are okay.
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    I'm from NJ and I know my car insurance company covers what the car is worth and the gap insurance you get from Nissan financing covers the rest but I'm afraid all that money you put down just goes down the drain; $4500 down was way to much money to put down; your unfortunate circumstances is exactly the perfect example why you put down the smallest amount possible on a lease because if the car is stolen or totaled in an accident, the latter being your case, you will never see your down payment again; wish things could have worked out better for you and hope everyone involved is okay!!
  • Now that it's 3 days later, and I hd a chance to look at my car, I somehow doubt it's going to be totaled.

But I know I'll never really feel safe and secure driving a car that's had it's entire right side, structural beams, possibly chassis & undercarriage, and rear suspension (which I have been told WILL require replacement), brakes, bumper & assembly, not to mention a replaced interior (the headliner (the headlinere on my '05 was replaced 3 times, they could never get rid of the squeek!), all trim, etc have to be replaced because of Air bag deployment, removal of the dash to replace all of the sensors and computer wiring, new seats, motors, etc...I am going to have the $2,000 needed to fix the parking lot hit added to this claim (I'm not paying $500 deductible twice)...it seems the car will be rebuilt backward from its origial assembly (shouldn't the suspension, underbody and chassis be the basis of the platform that the rest of the car is built?

The guy said the only reason the roof didn't buckle was because I had the sunroof open.

I'm sure no matter how good of a job they do, there will be rattle & squeeks...I'll be driving a car whose only original paint will be the left doors, rear quarter panel and roof. Nissan will likely blame anything problems going forward on the accident, so there goes my warranty for the next 3 years.

In looking over my lease, I can't believe how STUPID I was in constructing this lease. I squeezed every penny out of the dealer on the purchase price of the car (actually got it BELOW cost).

But focusing on the monthly payment (I live on a fixed income, so I need to stay within certain limits) and to make affordable payment, my cap cost was $3,400, which included 10,000 miles bought @ .10 figuring I needed 18K per year (My '05 Maxima had 18K, and I was about 4,000 miles over when I turned it in, but at that time I had a job where I travelled 120 miles round-trip 3-4 times a week...that's evaporated thanks to the Sub-prime Mortgage Industry debacle) so I've only put 7,300 on this car in 10 months)...so there's $1,000 wasted, PLUS, in NJ, you pay for a 4 year registration ($250). If I do have to get a new lease, I can't transfer registration, so THAT's Lost. :mad:

My residual is $18,500. BUT, again to keep the payment lower, $1,200 in Sales Tax is lumped into that figure. I wonder if I have any ground on that, since I've only incurred $300 of that, the balance would be a "GIMME" to Nissan - so much for whatever I saved off MSRP or Dealer Invoice. :(

I guess this is all going to be a BIG Question Mark until I know what my insurance company is going to do. The picture SHOULD be clearer by this time next week.

I HOPE that I'll be checking in with some good news, and even tho' I'll have lost money on this car, I'll be asking for advise on negotiating for a NEW car.

I know I've gained an education the HARD way in the past 3 days.

I'd appreciate your input about how you'd feel about having to keep a car that's been so severely damaged. Wish I could post some pics. :sick:

Take good care!
    Will">
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    A few points...

1) With all the damage being to the rear of the firewall, and the car being relatively new.... the chance of it being totaled is remote. (It's a $30K+ car, after all).

2) If it isn't totaled, then don't worry about the way you structured the lease..it really doesn't matter. That's more of a lesson for next time. In fact, don't worry about it, even if it is totaled.. what's done is done. The NJ tax in your lease is paid upfront to the state... It's gone.. The sales tax being rolled into your lease payments doesn't affect the residual. That number would be the same, no matter what you put down or what costs you rolled into the CAP cost.

So.. assuming you get the car back...

1) This is one of the major benefits to leasing... At the end of the lease, you turn that car in and walk away. It may be worth $5K-$7K less, because of all the damage, but you won't be out one dime extra.

2) As far as future problems? It's hard to know... We had a leased car that took a major hit at just a year old.. Only one minor problem during the next two years of the lease. And, no driveability issues. Your experience may be different. But, again... if the car is problematic, it isn't forever... It's going back at the end of the lease.

3) If the work is done correctly, then your Nissan dealer isn't likely to blame any problems on the repair work. Your warranty is still intact. It's possible, but not likely you'll have issues with it.

A lot of these issues you can do nothing about now... it's water under the bridge.. Some people would say you were better off buying the car.... that way, you could dump it, if you didn't like the result... But, in that case, you'd be out many, many more thousands of dollars. Getting into a major accident really brings out some of the major financial advantages of leasing..

Good luck!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

This discussion has been closed.