Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    well I'm glad to hear your car wasn't completely totaled and hopefully things will work out for your as they sound like they will; you wouldn't believe when I went to lease my 2010 Max how pushy Nissan was for a 39 month lease, telling me that was the best one to get at the best price;

another lesson I learned over the years is that you never lease longer than the warranty period for a car because if anything happens to that car after warranty and your leasing your paying to fix or replace stuff on a car you don't or won't ever own yourself; I told the salesman how leasing past the warranty period doesn't make any financial sense and he didn't know what to say; for Nissan you want to lease for 36 months which is what I did; Toyota and Honda understand their warranties and advertise 36 month leases but for some reason Nissan seems to forget their warranties are only for 3yr/36k as well and advertise 39months;

if you get suckered into a 39 month lease with Nissan, not only is your car going to be out of the warranty for 3 months during the lease, you have to pay 4 yrs of motor vehicle fees/registration, as you mentioned; your paying for 9 months of motor vehicle registration you don't need because you won't have the vehicle anymore if you decide to return it; with a 36 month lease you'll only pay 3 yrs of MV registration, etc

anyway, hope everything works out for you; best regards!!
  • No problem, djdez. Here's the 2009 info.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00081 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00081 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • What's up guys...been lurking around here for a bit, just joined. I traded in my 06 Maxima SE in August and am in the market for new Max. I went to the dealer I leased the 06 at and heres the figures they gave me. (Dealer in NJ)

09 Maxima S

39 month lease 12k miles per yr
    Msrp 31,230
    $2,500 (out of pocket) includes taxes and fees(NYS by the way)
    $1,000 nissan loyalty
    $289 per month

Please me know what you guys think of this deal. Although I have leased one car in the past, I consider myself a newbie. Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
  • DON'T pay the Sales Tax up front..Pay it monthly as you go along.

I still don't know what's going to happen with my car...we're closing in on $19,000 in damage, and they're still talking repairs....

Back to the point, I paid all of the sales tax as part of my Cap Cost Reduction. I've made 9 payments on the car. If it is declared a total loss, I will have paid $900 in taxes for unincurred expenses, and I know I won't recoup those funds.

Also if you should move to another state, that state will require whatever THEIR sales tax amount be added to your payment. That happened to me when I was working in CT, and had my mailed forwarded there...I quickly changed it to my parent's address in NJ.

Try to have you monthly statement show your car payment and tax separately. The IRS is going to allow sales tax deductions on major purchases if you itemize.

Back to my situation, Regardless, I'd rather eat the $900 rather than have to keep an essentially destroyed then rebuilt vehicle, that will more than likely me be nothing but a headache going forward. I also suspect that my warranty will be essentially voided since there will be so many replacement parts, and they will lkely blame any problems on the accident.

Also, NMAC, does NOT get involved in any of the claim process or adjustments.
  • I wanted to make this a separate post, wondering if anyone has been in my sitaution..where the car is thisclose to being declared a total loss.

Has anyone ever gotten an independent arbitrator to inspec their vehicles and/or settle the matter.

I'd appreciate any advice you could give me..my head is really spinning over all of this.
  • Hi there... I got a quote today for a 2010 maxima 3.5 SV with premium and sport pckg... MSRP $38,400

Lease is for 39 months
    12,000 miles
    $1900 down (incl tag and first month)
    Also they are paying the last pymt on the car I currently lease now which is $430
    pymt will be $445 tax included

Does this sound like a good deal? :confuse:
  • It's been a hectic week and a half since I last posted, but to let you know that my insurance company DID declare my Maxima a total loss, and the appraiser intended to all along. The $17K estimate did not include structural damage at the "B" Pillar, Frame, etc, which he estimated at another $3,000 to $5,000. I didn't even notice that the roof was even buckled!

It was the Body Shop that was pushing to fix the car (hey, how many days do you get a $20K job to do?). When I got in contact with Adjustor and Appraiser and told them that the body shop was pressuring me to authorize them to start work, they cut the cord...they said that their experience with such severely damaged leased vehicles come back to bite them at lease turn in.

Between Insurance Settlement and Gap, I won't be out of pocket, and I should get back the prepaid Sales Tax and Excess Mileage, plus anything else, so I should get over $2,000 back.

So this should be the end to this saga...I'll start a new post about MY....
  • I had essentially worked out a deal before my Insurance Carrier declared the car totaled, so all I needed to do was do the paperwork...

Here's the deal I got

Maxima SV w. Sport and Monitor Package, Mats & Splash Guards...Sticker $36,980 (Invoice $33,950). Negotiated price to $33,750.

Received $1,750 in rebate money under the "Tent Sale" event...applied to downpayment, also paid $1,750 out of pocket.

$3,500 down, inc. Cap Cost Reduction, 1st month, Acquisition Fee, DMV,

39 Months,
    15K Miles (Prepaid 9,750 miles @ .10 - $975. Damned if I paid/damned if I didn't)
    $421 plus tax.

Got Crimson Black with Charcoal Leather Great Color, still wish they had Frost Gray)

So in all, I paid $2,750 Less out of pocket, paying about $20 a month for a car that stickered for almost $2,000 more than the 2009 Maxima that I leased less than 10 months prior.

Also, everyone should remember that the IRS is allowing a Sales Tax deduction for the purchase of a new automobile on their 2009 Tax Returns.
  • Congrats man....everything worked out for the best!
  • I was told you couldn't deduct sales tax on a leased car. Hope I 'm wrong but the owner of a dealership said since you don't actually take ownership of the car you can't take the deductions.
  • Car Man,
    Still searching for a deal. Can you please post the October rates for a 2009 SV, and 2010 S maxima. Would appreciate it. Thanks
  • Srry for double post. Saw the 2009 SV rates on the previous page. If you could still post the 2010 Max S(base model) that would be great.
  • djdezdjdez Posts: 75
    Once again - thanks to Car_man and the other folks who post on here. I was trying to grab a fully loaded 2009 SV and take advantage of the year end money but no one could locate one in the color combination I wanted. I had pretty much given up when a local dealer called me on October 17th - which was the last day before the extra 'tent money' was going away.

Anyway, I had done a little negotiating with them via email and was able to walk in there and tell them EXACTLY what I wanted - I was going to settle on a different color in a 2009 to get the best deal. Then, I figured, what the heck - I knew where there was a 2010 at another dealership in the exact color combo and specs I wanted. It is a 2010 SV with Premium and Premium Tech packages - MSRP of $39330. I was able to get them to use the $1250 in combined incentive money to go $1250 below invoice, as well as around another $400 below THAT! Adjusted Cap Cost was a tad above $34000. I only paid $1100 at signing (just inceptions) and leased for 39 months/12k miles and the monthly payment is $440/month, including 9% PA Tax!

I pushed for $430/month, they originally wanted close to $450 and around $1400 due at signing ... we agreed on the numbers above. They got the vehicle 2 days later and I picked it up that night! Other dealers wanted $450-470/month on a 2009!

Car_man, this is a little out of character for me, as I usually get good deals on outgoing model years, but this deal was too good to pass up! Thanks again!
  • 2010 Maxima MSRP $34,250
    Nego Price 31,576
    Rate .00177 Residual .56 for 19,180
    Down pmt. $750 Monthly pmt.$455 including tax
    39 mos at 15,000 miles
  • cbat1cbat1 Posts: 9
    What are the options on the car? I am about to do a lease on an SV, but these figures seem high based on my research...
  • toddh3toddh3 Posts: 16
    I have to agree that while your lease mileage is high at 15k and your down payment is low at $750 the dealership is making up for it with your large monthly payment at $455 for 39 mons. You should try for 36 mos even though the dealer will tell you that Nissan is not supporting those lease. Everything is negotiable nowadays

Based upon your MSRP you have few options so it does not sound like a great deal to me. Try to set the purchase price at least $1500 below invoice as this car has not been a great mover for Nissan despite the fact that I personally find this car amazing at this price point as long as you're not a car snob.
  • The Maxima is an SV with no additional options. The salesman said he would not go $1500 below invoice on a 2010. I'll work on the nego price a little more.
  • djdezdjdez Posts: 75
    Pick a new dealer! Did you not see the lease deal a few posts above that I was able to get on a fully loaded 2010 SV Premium?

Even at 15k miles, your MSRP is $5000 less than mine - your payment should be in the high $300 to low $400/month range ...
  • cbat1cbat1 Posts: 9
    Which state are you in?
  • I'm in NW Florida. Going to offer $30,576 which should be about $1,000 less than invoice and everything else remains the same. Also they are taking back a 2006 Maurano S with 3 pyts left on the lease and 2500 miles over at no charges but the Maurano is in excellent shape and a win win for them. If they don't take the deal I'm on to another dealer. I'm only working with the Maxima because the dealer says he can deal better on the Maxima than a Maurano right now. Any suggestions on dealers in NW Fla or South Alabama?
This discussion has been closed.