Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• cbat1cbat1 Posts: 9
    Hi Car Man:

Can you please post the November residuals and money factors for the 2010 Nissan Maxima SV for 36 and 39 months at 12K and 10K miles per year. Thanks for your help.
  • Here you go, procrastinat. Through November 2nd, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Maxima S with 15,000 miles per year are .00177 and 59%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Congratulations on getting your new Max, djdez. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and let us all know how everything turned out. If you haven't already, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello cbat1. Through November 2nd, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00177 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00177 and 57%.

I don't believe that NMAC offers 10,000 mile per year leases on Nissan division vehicles, but if it does, its residuals for them are probably 1% higher than the ones that I provided you with.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man,
    Thank you very much for posting the rates. Can you help me out and let me know if I am getting my math correct?(with rates you posted as of Nov 2nd)">link title
    The dealer said if I was to buy the base model it would be $27,500(selling price)
    41% of (27,500)=$11,275
    Money Factor 2400*.00177=4.248%*(11,275)=$482.57
    Tax in NYS (11,275+482.57)*8.875%=$1,043.48
    Total=$12,801.05 + $200 DMV (approximate)=$13,001.05
    $2,500 down payment (13,001.05-2,500)/36 months =$291.69 a month

Am I calculating correctly or is there something I am leaving out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Hi I am in the process of leasing a maxima sv with the cold pkg. they are asking for 2000.00 down total out of pocket with monthly payment being 369 for 36 mos w12k per yr. Is this a good deal? Are there any other questions i need to ask i really wanted it with premium package and do not see any programs right now for incentives or rebates any help u can give me would be great. I live in ny.
  • Please help me Car Man & experts...

Does this seem right? I'm looking to take delivery this week & appreciate your help!

2010 Maxima 3.5 SV
    Remote starter
    Cold package
    Floor mats
    Splash guards

St of CT (sales tax = 6%)
    selling price of $32,319
    money factor of .00122
    residual of $19057.50
    39 month lease
    15,000 a year...
    with 1st month and dmv down ($645)= $426 a month
    with nothing down= $443.96 a month
  • Any Change to these numbers in November?

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00081 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00081 and 52%.
  • Does no reply mean you don't know or can't find out?

The dealer tried to tell me the money factor is .0024. I said there is no way a 2009 is .0026 and he said "well, if you know what it is, what is it?" He said the 2010 has a better money factor. I would really like to know this because I am escalating this to the sales manager. I have not given up on the deal, but can't understand why he was trying so hard to push me toward a 2010. I have him where I want him on price. We're over $2000 below invoice.

Please help.
  • My husband came home with a 2010 maxima with sport package. We had called around and I think we got a pretty good deal.

39month
    1000 down - includes first month, registration, etc
    ate our last 500 payment on our murano
    no turn in fee
    398 tax included

what do you think?
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    the amount down and your monthly payment is not to bad but why do people let Nissan sucker you into 39 month leases???? you never lease longer than the warranty period for a car!! you never want to lease longer than 36 months on a Nissan, Toyota, or Honda

not only is it bad to be out of the warranty for 3 months on a vehicle you don't even own, God for bid something happens, but you pay registration for 4 years; even on a 39 month lease, 9 of those months you won't even have the vehicle that you paid registration for!

and yes, I know Nissan claims that their 39 month leases give the best price but its all a bunch of BS; they tried to pull the same thing on my 2010 Maxima lease but I told them no, and then when I gave my reasoning for having the 36 month lease and Nissan's warranty being 36 month and the extra registration I'd be paying for that I wouldn't be using, the salesman didn't know what to say!
  • I JUST GOT A QUOTE OF $390 FOR 39 MONTHS. 15K $1000 DOWN. 2010 MAXIMA SV WITH COLD PACKAGE. MSRP 34250. RESIDUAL BUYOUT $18837. IS THIS A GOOD DEAL? I LIVE IN MASSACHUSETTS.
  • You're welcome, procrastinat. Your calculations are actually a little off. Here's an article that describes how to calculate lease payments, Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The main problem that I see with your calculations is that vehicle's residual values should bee multiplied by their full MSRPs including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized, not their selling prices.

I would be happy to work up a payment on this car for you if you provide me with its MSRP (you already mentioned the selling price).

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mulanny. I find that the easiest way to evaluate whether a lease is a good deal is to look at the selling price that it is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given.

Find out what this car's selling price and full MSRP are and let us know. I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello kitty223 (get it, hahahaha...sorry I know that it was bad but I have to find some way to amuse myself ;) ).

The money factor that you were quoted to lease the Maxima that you are interested in is right in line with Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate for this model. That is always a good thing.

The other important variable that I always look at when evaluating a lease is the vehicle's selling price. I tried to configure a similar car to see what its MSRP is, but I can't seem to find the remote starter option's pricing. Let me know what this car's exact MSRP is and I will tell you what I think of the selling price that you are being given.

Car_man
    Host
  • Yes, leaserjo, Nissan's lease program for the 2009 Maxima has indeed changed this month. It appears as though Nissan is not providing support on leases of the '09 Maxima any longer. As a result, if you were to lease one through NMAC, you would have to use its standard lease money factor of .00290. That's the bad news. The good news is that at least this factor is compatible with the customer cash that Nissan is providing on the '09 Maxima right now.

If you really want to lease a Max at this point, you probably would be better off going with a 2010 model. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s November buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00122 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00122 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am in Mass. also and seeking a lease on a 2010 SV w/sport tech pkg. I sold Nissans for a year during college and have inside knowledge of the workings of a dealership. Remember, the most important number in a lease is the final sale price from the dealer to the leasing company, so don't allow the salesman to get you stuck on the monthly payment. First of all, never put money down on a lease, as it is(unless specifically designated in the contract) profit to the dealer, who then manipulates the selling price to the leasing company to allow them to pocket the cash. The only money down should be for the security deposit/acq. fee/registration. The document fee, regardless of how many times the dealer insists it is not disallow-able, will be waived if you threaten to walk. Secondly, never fall for "sign and drive", because it is a pressure tactic which disallows time for you or your financial adviser/attorney to peruse the contract.
    2010 Maxima SV Sport Tech Pkg $390/mo 0 down 36months 15k/year
  • Carman --

Trying to figure out whether I got a decent deal. Given that payments on similarly priced vehicles are all over the board, I've lost my perspective.

2010 Nissan Maxima SV - with just monitor package, splash guards and mats.
    MSRP on vehicle was $34,950 (including destination charge)

Dealer paid off the 2 months left on my existing lease for total of $900.

I put a total of $1,000 out of pocket (inclusive of first month's payment, title, etc.)

Payment is $342 a month plus sales tax (6%) equaling $363 a month for 39 months @ 12k miles per year.
  • clif3clif3 Posts: 10
    Please clarify - did you get a lease for a 2010 SV Sport Tech Package for $390/month, $0 down for 36 months and 15k/year, or is that the deal you are looking for?

If you got that deal, it is awsome. What did you pay for the car? Based on my calcuations, it would need to be around $2000 below invoice (which would put it at around $350 below the dealer's actual cost). This assumes MF=0.00122 and residual of 58%.

Please let me know what you paid for the car and your lease numbers. Thanks.
  • Finalized the deal late night, November 30th...on the last day of the month, sales managers agree to all demands(within reason) just to move as many units as possible.
    2010 Nissan Maxima SV Prem pkg, Rear Spoiler, Splash guards, Floor&Trunk mats.
    MSRP $37,850 -incentives of $1,750($750 lease loyalty, $1,000 dealer incentive)
    0 down / 39 month lease / 15k miles per year / Final Cap Cost $32,045
    $346 per month / $367 per month incl. sales tax MA 6.25%
    Out the door for $1,216 = $595 acquisition fee(no getting around that one), $367 first month payment, TTL $154, $100 doc. fee

Residual Value of 58%= $21,953
    Money Factor= .00122 (min. credit score of 740)

I realize I paid the doc. fee after advising one should never pay this fee. The dealers printed doc. fee on all forms was $444, as these fees are uncapped in Massachusetts. We had negotiated a final price of 32345, but the doc. fee was not to be waived. Talked them down to $32,045 and agreed to the $100, not bad.
This discussion has been closed.