Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• joconjjoconj Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I was wondering this was my first lease and Im trying to figure out if I got a good deal or not. I recently got a 2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5sv premium with tech premium +spolier and all the other stuff. I traded in a 2008 Honda accord with 80k miles. They gave me 13k for it. My total payments are $380 for 39 months with 15k miles per yr. I put down $0 + no fees at all + no first payment upfront.

What do you think? advice? Could I have done better than that?
  • Hi Car_Man,

Can you post the MF and residual for a 2011 Maxima SV Premium, without tech. Looking for 15k miles per year.

Thanks!!

T_Loca
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here you go biggbrother. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Maxima SV Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00022 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Nissan is currently providing a $1,000 loyalty cash incentive on the Maxima for current NMAC lessees. There's another $1,000 cash incentive available on leases of this car in certain parts of the country.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi t_loca728. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Maxima SV Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00022 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Sorry Car_man, I didn't specify the lease term. I need the numbers for 39 months, which are usually better than 36 mos. correct?

The dealer provided me with 12K mi. per year / 39 mos. 54% residual and money factor of .00022.

Are these numbers accurate?
  • ajpbf7ajpbf7 Posts: 69
    Hi Carman,

Could you please post the August mf/residual for the following:

2011 Maxima S for 39 months 12k
    2011 Maxima SV for 39 months 12k

I am in KY, don't know if any regional lease incentives are available. Thanks.
    No problem biggbrother. The numbers that you were quoted are indeed correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go ajpbf7. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Maxima S with 12,000 miles per year are .00077 and 56%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a base '11 Maxima SV are .00022 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • mellimelli Posts: 1
    i just leased a 2011 nissan maxima sv with premium package and premium technology package and splash guard and floor mats msp 40,735 i gave 2749 at signing supposely taxes and dmv fees and included a 1000 rebate. i brought this car from bay ridge nissan and my monthly paymenets is 450 a month I think I was taking for a ride. they told me i have free matinience like tire rotation and oil changes for 2 years. Is this a good deal or what
  • gs42gs42 Posts: 54
    A dealer is telling me rebates do not apply to leases, yet there have been some buyers here who have said they got the rebates... plus lease cash. What is the true story, please?
  • ahashmiahashmi Posts: 81
    Lies...it says there's a $1000 incentive/rebate on Nissan's website when you click on lease details in special offers.

Albeit, that's the only incentive available.
    Sorry for the unclear communication. The $2500 rebate on a car sale is what I am asking about. None of that applies? Some have posted that they got rebates along with lease incentives.

The price quoted by the first dealer was 373.00 for a base Maxima S. Way too high.
  • mook12mook12 Posts: 60
    Hi melli, I have dealt with those crooks before I would go back if it hasn't been too many days and renegotiate. I went to pine belt of Newport nj I got a sport and monitor package maxima about $38600 msrp I am paying $327 monthly with $700 out of pocket first month and DMV fees tax included in monthly payment. Never put a lot of money upfront typically you pay first month and even that can be added to monthly but once you tell them that you are not putting anything up front you start negotiating the monthly they will always start high but you gotta go really low I said $250 salesman looked at me like I was on crack. Lol but it works just gotta keep gonback and forth with these idiots. Go back if you can
  • john420john420 Posts: 28
    How many miles a year and how many month lease did you get? Also, did you lease it this month?
    Thanks
  • I just put a deposit down (yesterday) on a 2011 SV, not sure what package but has the spoiler, rear monitor, and 9 spkr bose. Anyway, $2,995 down, $269/month, 39 months, $19,820 buyout. Is this a fair deal? What part of this an be negotiated?
  • John, I leased it in June 39 months 12k miles
  • Hi gs42. The $2,500 to $3,000 consumer cash incentive that is currently available on the 2011 Maxima is not compatible with its special lease program. There is, however, a $1,000 cash incentive available on leases in the parts of the country that have $2,500 consumer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for a final answer to that question, Car_man, as there have been reports in this forum of rebates applying to leases also.

We made a deal on a 2011 S model on Sept. 2. Since we were leasing a 2009, the dealer and NMAC were willing to make a deal that included 1k loyalty cash, 1k lease cash, and $500.00 bonus cash for the holiday week. The trade in car had only 26k on it and that was a factor..no dents, scratches or damage...like new.

Zero cash at signing with taxes and bank fee rolled into the payment of $309.00 and the kicker was the remaining six lease payments of $337.00 each were forgiven. There is a lot of inventory and this dealer was willing to stretch to move this one. Wasn't my negotiating skills, the salesman came up with the offer. Guessing there was an existing buyer for my trade and the money was made on that end.
  • You're welcome gs42. Congratulations on getting your new Maxima. It's an amazing value. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
  • Thats an OK deal, though I leased a 2011 maxima SV with cold and monitor package end of July, stickered at $36500, out the door with tax title license due at signing ($500~) $284 a mo plus tax ($299 after tax)....
  • In reading some of the posts here, I found that the Residual is 54-55% on a 2011 Nissan Maxima SV with Premium Package on a 39 month 15,000 Lease with a 0.00022 MF.

The reason I ask is because on a car with an MSRP: $39,250 I did a Lease on Monday and was told the Residual is $21,985 which indeed comes out to 56%.

However I was called back to the dealership 4 days later to resign paperwork because the "dealership made an error" and the Residual on that car is actually 52%?

So I wanted to ask, which one is it? 52% or 56%??

Obviously, with a lower Residual, you payment goes up. However, I was able to get the dealership to match the same payment by lowering the price on the car by close to $1500 and lowering the MF from 0.00022 to 0.00004 (0.10% APR, total Rent Charge on Lease = $86)

So in the end it worked out well for me. But this seems highly unusual, I have done plenty of leases in the past and am surprised a dealership would make this type of a mistake.

That and I have never seen 52% Residuals mentioned on this board! Thanks for clarifying!
  • I have been shopping the Maxima SV Premium package in NY and have gotten a residual of 52% for 15,000 miles and 53% for 12,000 miles with a money factor of .00004/0.10% at several dealers.
    These have all been for a 39 month leases. What concerns me is that Nissan's warranty is only for 36 months so I am on my own in terms of warranty coverage for the last 3 months. Opinions?
  • Just signed a lease deal for a 2011 Maxima S in NJ. Had a trade in for $6500, so with that as a down payment I was able to get $185/month for 39 months. Total payments including tax,title, etc came to $13400 for the lease term. I was also pricing a base accord and passat and this deal was just 1500 over 3 years more so it made sense with all the standard features maxima had.

A little jealous some of you were able to get the premium versions for $30/$40/month more but I really didn't need the extra frills. This is mostly a drive 20 minutes to work car.
  • Where is Car_Man???
  • Ugh! Wish I could buy a billboard outside their showroom to simply encourage buyers to 'run.' I had a very bad experience here back in 2002 when the Altima had first been restyled. Long story short, I walked out of that dealership, drove across the VNB and purchased my new Nissan from SI Nissan. Just leased a Maxima yesterday at SI and talked about that experience 9 years ago. Suggest you do not take your auto to Bay Ridge for service for anything other than routine maintenance. Crooks in that category, as well. Your lease deal does not seem optimal, but don't know all the facts. But if instincts tell you something's not right, based on your dealer, I'd be inclined to agree that you're smelling a rat.
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 258
    Just curious, do you work fo SI Nissan? Bay Ridge guys are crooks but SI Nissan are as bad as their Broooklyn counterparts.
  • The 52% residual value that you were subsequently quoted is indeed correct. It sounds like an expensive mistake on the dealership's part if they're lowering your car's price enough to make up the difference.

Car_man
    Host
  • Of course, I do not work there. But I just leased my 4th Nissan from them and haven't a complaint to make - including my impression of their fair dealing. I can conclude that the buying process for big ticket items like a new car is sure to leave anyone skeptical. I get it.
  • I am looking into a 2011 Maxima SV with msrp of $36,645. I want to make an offer, was thinking of $33,000. Is this good or should I go lower?
    Truecar would indicate a couple thousand lower will fly in most areas, check it out.
This discussion has been closed.