Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• mr_t0admr_t0ad Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    Hi Car Man,
    I am new to this forum. I been reading the posts getting ready to lease a Nissan Maxima. I got a quote today for a basic 2012 Maxima S. The MSRP is $33,835.00. 39 Month lease, 12k miles. It is $1,850 up front which includes MVC fees, Bank and Doc Fee, First month payment. The payment is $299 a month including the 7% NJ sales tax. Does this look like a decent deal. I need to go back to see how much of the $1,850 goes to CAP reduction.

I just saw the post for Legend Leasing. Looks like my payment is good, but I could knock $500-$600 off the up front costs.

Thanks for you help
  • Welcome mr_t0ad. It always pays to find out what selling price you are being charged for the vehicle that you are interested in. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash or financing. Without the selling price, it is much more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what the selling price is and we'll tell you what we think.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it in your area into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • y2001y2001 Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man,
    Do you have information regarding money factor & residual values for both 2011 & 2012 Maxima SV? I am looking for a 39 months, 12,000 miles lease. Thanks for your help.
  • khuzbuzkhuzbuz Posts: 16
    I recently leased a 2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5S with Limited Edition Package over the President's Day weekend. I think I got a fairly good deal.

MSRP - $33,695
    Sales Price - $27,936 (After lease rebate of $1,000 and holiday bonus of $500)
    MD Tax - $1,778
    Tags - $272
    Dealer Processing Fee - $199
    Residual Value - 57%
    Money Factor - 0.00104
    Term - 39 months / 15k miles per year
    Out of pocket cash - $1,200
    Monthly Payment - $328
  • hey khuzbuz,

Did your out of packet cash include your first month's payment? Or did you have to pay $1200 down plus first month's payment?

Also, I am in MD too. Can you please tell me the name of the dealership? I am also looking to lease 2012 Maxima with the Limited Edition Package.

Your deal sounds good and I wouldn't mind going to the same dealership for a similar deal.

Thanks in advance.
    The $1,200 is total out of pocket to cover 1st month's payment, any other charges that needed to be paid upfront. I assume the tax gets rolled into the life of the lease.

I went to Herb Gordon in Silver Spring. I worked out the deal through email and then showed up for the test drive and to complete the paperwork. I was at the dealership for less than 2 hours.
  • iburrowsiburrows Posts: 8
    i'm located in a different state... so this all might be pointless, but from what I can see this "sale price of ~$27,000" doesnt seem to be possible. also, what tax % do you guys in have in MD? according to what I have here (i work at a Nissan Dealer) ~$1,700 in sales tax on this vehicle equals ~13%. again unless stuff is calculated drastically differently between Ohio and MD
  • jordanttjordantt Posts: 3
    I recently got a 2012 Premium/Technology car in NY. MSRP 40K the lease payment came out to $375 with $1200 due at signing which included my first month, bank fee, and dmv fee. At first I wasn't sure about it but I called the broker and I got the car. I shopped around and I was getting $390-395... Actually really nice guy, found him on swapalease and he responded quickly to the emails and I was really shocked at the process.
  • iburrowsiburrows Posts: 8
    for march in my region (OH) money factor is .00087 on any MAXIMA S. You didn't get a "fairly good deal": you got an insane deal. your sale price is $500 below dealer holdback! well done, they must have been desperate! tip: look out for Nissan Lease Loyalty in Feb. or Aug. 3 years from now... nissan will waive your remaining payments, waive $500 wear and tear, and also give you an extra lease loyalty rebate (right now it's an extra $1,000)
  • Thanks for that info. I also emailed the same dealership and they quoted me a similar deal. So this is good to know that they are offering a comparabale deal. I had visited a couple more dealerships here in the greater Baltimore area and their Internet prices were only good on the Internet. When I visited them, their typical story was "oh that includes all rebates/incentives and not everyone qualifies for all rebates."

So basically the price they showed online was about $2000 less than what they were actually selling the car for. I read Herb Gordon's reviews on dealer rater and emailed them. They actually surprised me and made an offer via email and it was very close to the internet price.

Thanks again for the info, when I'm ready to buy I also plan to visit Herb Gordon.
  • The sales tax in MD is 6%. Also 13% of 27,000 is 3,500 not 1,700. Don't know how you got 1,700 as 13%.
    Thanks for the heads up iburrows! That lease loyalty rebate is a significant amount! Hopefully, Nissan will come out with another great car within the next 3 years for me to stick with the brand.

I must admit I got a pretty good deal. I forgot to mention that I still owed 6 months of lease payments on my Acura that I traded in. The value Herb Gordon offered me, combined with the lease sales tax credit, made it a wash!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I sure do y2001. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a base 2012 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00041 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00003 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • commanderjoncommanderjon Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I'm looking at leasing a 2012 Nissan Maxima SV with cold and monitor pkgs.

I'd like to know if this is a great lease deal. I've never leased before so any suggestions/feedback would be welcome. Is there anything I'm missing or need to know?

Thanks in advance!

$2000 down and $339/month
    Lease term: 39 months
    Purchase Price used for lease calculation: $31169
    Addt'l fees: Tax $1972.08, Tags $272, Processing Fee $199
    MF: .00041 and residual 55%
  • alcapalcap Posts: 24
    Would anyone be able to set my expectation on what amount a dealer may offer me on trade in of 2011 Maxima SV Premium and Technology Package with about 10,000 miles on it. I currently lease it through NMCA and pay only 389.03 per month with 27 months to go and my buy out is 32,000. But my family is expanding and I am running out of room with the Maxima and need an SUV asap...But I know these dealer are going to try to rip me off. I did an appraisal through Edmonds and it came close to 30,000. I really don't know how close that is. If anyone has any advise or insight please respond by the way I am in Northern NJ.

Thanks!
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 258
    edited March 2012
    Put it on swapalease or leasetrader or both. With $2,000 incentive some one will gladly take your lease over. I cannot imagine any dealer offering you more than $30K for your car. Another option is to roll the negative equity into your new lease/loan, but try swapalease first.
  • alcapalcap Posts: 24
    LOL! I wish a dealer would come close to 30 even 28 I went to a few dealers and they were in 23/25 range to me that is a joke. I looked into swaplease and they told me my car would go in a day ay that price but NMAC will still leave me on the lease, and I am not to comfortable being a joint with a stranger. If a dealer would give me 28,000 I would be happy I would eat the 4 grand pay 2 grand and roll 2 grand negative into the lease.

Thanks for the info

Alex
  • Want to lease the sv maxima price about 40k need 15k miles 39 months have one lease payment remaining 469, want to put down 1500 what should I expect to pay in south Florida
  • Just leased a maxima sv with prem & tech package with nothing down for 435 a month here in NJ I started neogiating at 525 a month and still think you can get. closer to 400 Good luck
  • td_inctd_inc Posts: 30
    Hi jmcaleney,

Was the $435 a sign and drive number, all out of pocket rolled in? Can you tell me where/what dealer? I may pick up a Maxima this or next month.

Really appreciate it! :shades:
  • bought it at coral springs maxima, Steve Malin my salesman, don't use anyone else there......... $1500 down, 15K miles and even less than the $435, see him tell him Lori from California Closets sent you he'll rake good care of you
  • Yes it was sign and drive! $435 foMKaxima Sv with prem& tech package. It was Somerset Nissan in Somerville NJ. Ask for Seth Sladowski and please mention my name Jon McAleney. He will take care of you. I already giving him a referral. If you do get a car from himplease let me know. I get a referral fee of $100. If you need help let me know. Good Luck!
  • dford78dford78 Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV in Southern NJ. It has splash guards, monitor package, cold package, floor mats, trunk sub-floor organizer. Total sticker price $37,155. I traded in a 2009 Altima with a negative value of $514.00. I wasn't complaining about the negative value because it had $2,600 in damages and I owed $13,114. The numbers look like this 39 month lease, 12k miles a year, $1000 down payment, $1700 in rebates and non-cash credits, about $600 in fees. My payments are $420 a month. This was a spur of the moment deal in which I should have waited. The dealership I purchased from had just given me an awesome lease on a Frontier about 8 months ago so I trusted them, maybe I shouldn't have. If that was as bad of a deal as I think it was I won't be going back there in the future.
    Thanks for any advice.
  • shaposhapo Posts: 1
    I'm in Atlanta and trying to lease a 2012 SV with Premium Pkg, Tech and Spoiler. 12k per year and 39 month. I received several purchase quotes the best being:

MSRP $40,835.00

Your Price $32,786.00

When I asked them to give me leasing numbers, including residual, MF (probably tier 2 with not perfect credit) I have been told that the rebates don't apply to the cap cost. I've never heard of this. They are now trying trying to say that the Cap cost will be 36,400.

Please advise
    Hi shapo. While it is correct that Nissan's normal consumer cash incentives are not compatible with its special lease program, Nissan does provide different special cash incentives on leases in some areas. Unfortunately there is no cash on leases of the '12 Maxima in your area right now...just as you were told.

Car_man
    Host
  • flurofluro Posts: 2
    I'm in Boston, and have been looking at the Maxima 3.5 SV for a couple weeks now, and after reading previous posts and other internet sources, I thought I knew what a good deal was.

MSRP: 39035
    Sell price: 36900
    Lease incentives: 1700
    Cap cost: 35200
    Residual value: 21078.90 (54%)
    Money factor: 0.000886
    Monthly: quite a bit lower because of trade equity

They wouldn't go any lower, and while an okay deal, didn't seem like I was passing up much by walking. Was I wrong?

Thanks
    edited May 2012
    Car_Man (and friends)

Here's my deal...
    SV Prem and Tech
    MSRP - 41,280
    Sales near - 36k
    MF - .00017
    Residual - 54%
    39 month/12k
    $449/ month
    $999 at signing ($700 includes 1st payment and $299 MV)
    They are taking care of 3 months @$394/month for my current lease

Looks like someone else just got the same car for $435 and without the $550 i'm giving (when you minus 1st payment).

But i don't know if they also had $1200 of current lease being taken off their hands. Do my numbers add up? Good deal?

I can't sign officially til next week because I am finishing up a refi. Please let me know!! And again much appreciation for all the help! :)
    Both the selling price and the money factor look good to me, td_inc. I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • tuska788tuska788 Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me what a good price to lease the 2012 Maxima Sv with tech?

and the also the tech and prem package as well?

thanks ive spent so many hours researching and i give up!!! lol
    Hey Tuska788,

I always wished people would give more upfront info or yes/no on pricing here so we could make this a quicker process. SO... I'll offer my two cents if it helps. I'm in NJ

I just leased a 2012 Maxima SV with Prem + Tech (12k/yr)
    $449/month/39 months
    $500 + first month payment out of pocket. (The $500 covered MV and misc)
    They paid off $1200 in lease payments i owed on previous car.

If i was bringing someone back to the dealer with me I'd look to get the same car but I'd want to pay $435-445 without giving that $500 upfront. I didnt haggle any further because of a couple factors. (I couldnt sign yet because of refi on my house but they took care of everything anyway, they were paying off my existing lease, and I was getting a $2000 rebate card from Nissan)

If you want the name of dealer and salesman... send me a personal message and I'll provide.
This discussion has been closed.