Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• fuma, what was the actual sale price of the vehicle? $350/month is incredible.
  • I am not 100 perc sure, but you can calculate it yourself with all the other info I provided. Off the top of my head, I think the purchase price was somewhere in the mid $36k range, but i also took advantage of $2.5k in total cash incentives that were being offered by Nissan.
  • Fuma, can you tell me the dealer?
  • Hi

Can I get numbers for a 2012 Nissan Maxima with Prem and Tech with 12,000 miles on a 39 month lease?

Here is what I was quoted:

MSRP $41,975
    $0 Down
    $540/month for 39 months @12,000 miles/year
    Residual > .53
    Money factor > .00016

This includes an estimated $5400 of negative equity from your Infiniti G37 trade in and all taxes, tags, and fees.
  • You're very welcome, fuma08057. Thanks for the update. The Maxima is definitely a lot of car for $350 per month with nothing down. Enjoy, I've always liked the Maxima...it's a good value.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi mgtarheels. After reading your last sentence the payment that you were quoted makes a lot more sense. When I first saw the monthly payment I thought to myself, wow what a terrible deal, but you're rolling a ton of negative equity into the lease.

If you don't mind, may I ask why you are trading in your G37 when you are so upside down on it for something so similar? You would be better off waiting to get something new until you are less upside down on your current vehicle unless it's a lease that you HAVE to get out of because you are way over mileage and this is the less expensive way to go.

What selling price are you being charged for the Maxima? That number will make it much easier to see how good a deal you are getting on your new car independent of the negative equity.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'd be getting the car exactly at invoice. They wouldn't give me the paper with everything printed on it to take home, though, so I don't remember the specific price. I'm looking to trade the G37 in because I moved to NJ from FL, and the car simply cannot handle any snow whatsoever.
  • Hi Car Man,

Do you have the new december numbers for 2012 Maxiam SV Cold & Monitor 39mth 12k /yr. I am also a VPP client. what should be a fair deal on a lease? i am in nyc. i also plan on rollin all fees and taxes except first payment and DMV.

Please help, i have been given different quotes and the run around by different dealers. i need some clarity. pleas help.

Thank you ahead of time.
  • I wouldn't prepay the Sales Tax.
    I did that on the lease of my '09, which was totaled. I had a helluva time getting NMAC to reimburse me for the tax.

I did it AGAIN, with the 2010 I leased as a replacement, to keep pmt lower. Well, I was able to get into a new 2012 Max under the "move forward" program. So now I have 6 months of sales tax to try to get back. The sales tax is now included in my monthly payment amount.

Also if you should relocate to another state, You will be charged that States sales tax with your monthly payment as well.
  • Hi Car Man,

Do you have the new December numbers for 2012 SV Sport & Cold & Monitor, 39 months, 12 or 15k/yr. I am a VPP client and live in Columbus, Ohio. What incentives are currently being offered for my area?
  • hi everyone, my 2010 maxima has 6 months left and I got a letter from the dealer that they are offering me 2995.99 to buy out my old lease and get me into a new car

Does anyone have any experience with nissan early termination that is sponsored by the dealership ? Does it benefit me to hand in my maxima earlier and get into a new lease?

Are there any "gotchas" with this ?

Thanks in advance
  • Following up to see if I can get the December numbers.

Thanks,
    Rich
  • Hi antd21. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00016 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I was in the market for this car in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus the lease cash minus the bonus cash AND minus the $500 holiday bonus cash that according to my crystal ball Nissan will introduce on this model later this week.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi richmusch. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • What are the specific numbers in Columbus Ohio on the lease, lease cash, bonus cash. I would like to know exactly what I should be expecting.
  • ecash5ecash5 Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man, it is now Jan 2013 and I am looking to lease the Nissan Maxima SV 2012 with Premium Package and Navigation Package. How do the residual value and money factor change now that it is 2013 for 15K miles, 39 month lease. The MSRP is $41,650. What does the True Market Value look like again now that it is 2013? Thanks!!
  • Hi ecash5. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Maxima SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus any available cash incentives, which vary by region.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Carman,

Can you tell me what the lease incentives are for Columbus, OH.
  • Hi richmusch. This car's lease money factors and residual values vary by term and trim level. If you tell me exactly how long you want to lease for and exactly which car you want I can provide you with those numbers.

In your area there is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of most 2013 Maxima models, though this allowance is higher on select trim levels.

Car_man
    Host
  • Looking at 2012 and 2013 SV's for 12k miles.

Thanks,
    Rich
  • Hi Rich. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Maxima SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for the 2012 version of this car are .00003 and 52%.

Don't forget about the cash incentives that are available on leases of this car. They vary depending upon how you want it equipped.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi. I stumbled across this post after I've come to the realization that I think I got a bad deal. Looking for a straight answer.
    Leased a 2012 Maxima Sport package in CA - it has the navigation, back up camera, etc. 39 month lease at 15k/year. I put $400 down, 850 credit score. Comes with 12 month free maintenance from the dealership. Payment of $510/mo. Reading all the other posts (wishing I would have done that first) and coming down from the "New Car" smell.. I think I got a bad deal... Someone???
  • Always ZERO down on a lease. I Absolutely love the Maxima but would never give $510per mo to lease unless I had a driver. If you can afford it and love the car no sweat. Otherwise, they got you.
  • Thought so. Ugh - makes me so mad. They saw me coming, I'm sure - said upfront I could pay $400-500. Did no research on this car prior - was shopping for other makes/models first. I do LOVE the car but could think of PLENTY of other ways to spend the extra funds. My fault. Lesson learned. Thank you for your prompt response.
  • Carman, can you update 2012 and 2013 sv, 12,000 miles for february. Also, what cash is out there, I know they announced a loyalty program this week. New York/NE region.

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here you go mdspinner. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Maxima SV Base with 12,000 miles per year are .00024 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00003 and 54%.

Yes, the new Spring loyalty program is out there. It provides $1,000 to current Nissan lessees who lease a new one.

There's another $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the SV Base model on top of that (the cash is higher on different trim levels).

Car_man
    Host
  • nickdetomasonickdetomaso Posts: 11
    edited March 2013
    Hi Car_man,

First off - thank you for all of the valuable information you provide.

Can you provide the MF and residual percentage of a 2013 SV Premium with Tech based on 36 months and 12K/year? I am located in NY.

Also, can you advise as to what the loyalty cash is for this trim level?

Thanks in advance and have a great day!
  • carzcarz Posts: 20
    Hi Car man.

I am looking to re-up (lease 39 mon) with a 2013 Maxima with Sport Pkg, floor mats and mud flaps. The sticker is $39,990. I have 5 months left on my 2013 SV lease. I understand the Nissan pull a head program is in place (waives 3 month off the lease) with a $1000 loyalty incentive. I also read someplace there is also an $1800 incentive against the lease for Max with sport pkg.
    I was quoted in Feb a lease price of $339.00 (tax incl) plus 1st month payment if I pay off 3 off my 6 payments. I do not have any other numbers to share on how the dealer arrived at that monthly payment. I decided to take a chance and wait a little longer till I have 3 payments left.
    Can you tell what the lease rates are right now?
  • carzcarz Posts: 20
    Correction to my post #1351, I have a 2010 SV not a 2013 SV.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome nickdetomaso. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Maxima SV Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00024 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The trim level description of the cash incentives that are available on leases of this car are a tad confusing, but it looks like there's $1,750 on leases of it for all customers. Plus another $250 for St. Patrick's Day weekend in your area. Plus $1,000 for returning NMAC lessees.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.