Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• Please share lease cash, bonus cash deals in Georgia.

Does anyone have experience with 20K/year leases? I have a dealer quoting a lower lease-end value for a 20k lease calculated as $0.15/mile for 16,250 miles ($2437.50) with 15K numbers for initial LEV. Seems I should take a 15K lease and pay over-mileage, since it will drop my lease pymt by having a higher LEV.
  • Hi Car_Man,

Need to know whether $1000 lease cash is available in Georgia, in addition to $500 Bonus Cash.

From previous posts, I see that for 39 month, 15K miles on 3.5SV, money factor = 0.00047, 51%. Still accurate? Thank you
  • eagle40beagle40b Posts: 11
    CarMan, or anyone with insight-

My current Nissan lease is up in 4 months, and Nissan is offering current lessees the opportunity to turn in leases within 3 months of termination and not be responsible for the last 3 payments, so long as we get into another Nissan.

My question is: Do I jump on the incentives that Nissan's offering right now (a total of $3000 cash that expire at the end of August) and eat 1 payment or do I wait and hope that the incentives are either the same or better in September?

Is there any historical information that shows what month is better one way or the other? Is Nissan sitting on a lot of 2010 inventory (specifically of the Maxima) that they want sold?

Thanks!
  • You won't get the full incentives on a lease. Depending on state, $500-$1500.

I've asked Car_Man for the total in Georgia, I think it's $1000.
  • carzcarz Posts: 20
    I took adavantage of this program. I got the $3000.00 lease incentive. I was able to get an 2010 SV for $331.00 p/m (taxes and fees included) with $500.00 down, 39 months 12,000 miles per year. I got the car in July. Here is some basic info the car:

Sticker $35,980
    Cold Pkg
    Monitor Pkg
    Spoiler
    Floor Mats
    Mud Flaps
  • eagle40beagle40b Posts: 11
    Carz, what was the Cap Cost (sell price) that you agreed upon? Also, do you remember what the residual value was and what the money factor was?

Thanks!
  • smartensmarten Posts: 2
    Went in to see about a lease on a 2010 Maxima. Loved the car. We wanted the SV with the premium package. They only had cars with premium and tech. We don't want nav but like the premium package. They tried to get us to take a car with the cold package and monitor. The interior is not as nice and some of the creature comforts we really like but they told us that most cars didn't come with the premium package w/o nav. I think it's probably not true but it probably is a very popular car and they don't have any left. The sales guy would not do a locate.
    After doing the math (would not answer my specific questions about residual and money factor they came up with monthly payments that were too high on both models.

I'm done with that dealer and moved on to another who will do a locate and tell me all of the numbers. They even told me on the phone what the final price could be which is very deeply discounted. Confirmed that the customer cash is $1750 but I saw another $500 on Edmunds. Wonder what that is? They haven't called me back yet. I imagine this car is hard to find.

So am I realistic to think that I could lease this car for 39 months for under $400 a month if I pay all fees up front like tax, bank and 1st?

I see some other folks have gotten pretty decent deals.

If not maybe this is just too much car for me. My calcs based on what I think the numbers could be come really close.

Thanks
    Susan
  • You should be able to lease this car for under $400 with only the first payment due at signing. We bought this exact car at the end of July. See post #886.
  • smartensmarten Posts: 2
    Thanks midas-I guess the difference is NY and July vs August. That is a ton of cash off the msrp. That is exactly the deal I want however they made it impossible to do anything without answering my questions. Still haven't heard from the other dealer yet and of course they said that I would have to seal the deal by tomorrow. Well, I can't drop everything if they aren't getting back to me. I assume that if they still have the car Tuesday, they will have it Wed and if they want to get rid of it they will do what they have to do.

Thanks for confirming what my imaginary numbers said.
  • First time leaser & thank you all for your posts. I came across this site last night & read every post from the last couple months.
    Per your advise I got the dealer to give me a $4k check for my 02 passat trade - with the gap insurance included, why take on the risk of a big down payment right.
    Here are the terms:
    2010 premium pkg with technology & navi, mats & guards (paddle shifters & zenon came with it), bought 9750 extra miles for 18k/yr.
    MSRP $39,590
    Gross cap $35,663.50
    Cap reduction $2414.77 (told me there was a $2k rebate)
    Adj cap $33,248.73
    Cash our of pocket $850
    Residual $19,215.90
    MF .00047
    Term 39 mo
    Pmt $406.00
    Thanks again!
  • Car Man

Are there any special lease incentives for Labor Day. I noticed dealers are advertising deals lower than August. Also, is .00047 and .52% still good for a 2010 SV for 15K/39 months. Any idea what the current lease incentive is?
  • Hello,

I was wondering if people on this forum would be able to tell me if what I will be paying for my new Maxima is a "normal" payment. I will be leasing. It is clear to me also that after reading posts on this forum from various people there is tons more I need to learn. I go back to the dealership after work today to either accept the deal or not.

The car is a 2010 maxima sv with the sports pkg and the backup camera. I am putting $1,000 down. Here are the basics.

Payment Details
    Term: 39
    Base Payment: $350.53
    Purchase Option: $19,287
    MSRP: $37,230.00
    Miles : 15,000

I was just hoping I am not getting gouged as far as my lease. To me it seems like a pretty typical Maxima payment, but know people on this forum would know much better.

Thanks!
  • Carman,

Can you please tell me the money factor and residual for September for a Maxima SV for 39 months and 12K miles.

Jeff G.
  • Car Man,

The delaer just emailed me the 2010 Maxima SV money factor of .00028 and residual of 51% for 39 month and 12K miles. Is this accurate based on your current info.

Jeff
  • Just made what I believe to be the best deal available this weeken from DCH Nissan in New Jersey. Here is the deal:

2010 Maxima SV with (1)premium pkg, (2) Technology pacakage, (3) mats & (4)splash guards.

MSRP $39,590 (Invoice $36,099)
    Agreed upon selling price(gross cap): 35,724
    Following items added into CAP:
    Acquisition fee: $595
    Taxes: $1,188
    DMV fees: $274
    Doc Fee: $249
    Tire Fee: $7.50
    First Month: $420
    Rebate: ($2,500) - included $500 holiday bonus cash for labor day
    Adj cap $35,958
    "Sign and Drive" - Zero out of pocket
    Residual at 51%: $20,191
    MF .00028 ( .67%)
    Term 39 months, 12K miles per year (total miles for this lease 39,000)
    Pmt $420.00

Car man - I dont think I left much on the table at almost $380 under invoice. There must be some other hidden incentives the dealer is getting on the 2010 leftovers as I had two dealers willing to do it at this number this weekend only.

Jeff
  • Hi nojalopy1. I love your username :).

Unfortunately, while the $1,000 cash incentive is available on leases in Florida I don't believe that it is available in Georgia.

There is $1,000 NMAC bonus cash in your area that is available on leases of the 2010 Maxima however.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi eagle40b. While it is impossible to tell exactly what an automaker's future incentives will look like, I personally would not be willing to eat a payment on current car to get into a new Maxima right now.

The beauty of the early termination program is that you have the luxury of getting into a new car any time in the fourth quarter.

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome wiscott. You definitely made a wise move by having the dealer cut you a check for the equity that you had in your trade instead of using it as a capitalized cost reduction.

Congratulations on getting your new Maxima. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited September 2010
    Hi fsrtwo. Nissan was providing an additional $500 bonus cash on select models, including the Maxima, for Labor Day. Unfortunately, the extra cash has expired.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a base 2010 Maxima SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00028 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

As far as cash incentives go, Nissan is currently providing $1,000 NMAC bonus cash on this car in all regions plus an additional $1,000 on leases in select regions.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Jeff. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

NMAC's 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15k resids.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.