Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• Congratulations on getting your new car, Jeff. Nissan was providing an extra $500 cash incentive on the Maxima for Labor Day. That's why dealers wanted you to finalized your deal last weekend.

$380 under dealer invoice after the deduction of all the available cash incentives is a very good deal. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ahpillahpill Posts: 2
    I'm looking at the Maxima SV with Sports package .... the dealer has the 2011 available and will locate a 2010 if I want ... now I'm trying to figure out which will end up as a better deal for me.

Does anyone (Car_man) know the October residuals, & money factors for a 12K lease on the 2010 vs 2011?

Also what are the current incentives/dealer cash (in New York)?

Thanks for much for all any/all info.
  • Not sure where this question falls, but was hoping someone could answer.

I recently leased a 2010 Maxima and Nissan mistakenly put my name and info on the car title and sent it to me instead of NAC and keeping it.

Based on this being their mistake, and me having the title in my name, am I still obligated to pay the lease?

I'm sure it comes down to them having the signed paperwork saying it is a lease, but curious if I could perhaps work out free maintenance or incentive for me to cooperate with them in getting the title back.

Thanks in advance.
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    You are now technically the owner and have full liability of the amount owed. You might want to correct it quick.
  • But if I already have the Title, doesn't that mean that I already "technically" paid the amount owed?
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    You know, you might be right. But still, you have an open loan that needs to be paid.
  • bmkjbmkj Posts: 16
    I am in the same boat. Trying to decide on 2010 vs 2011 for a SV with Premium and Tech. October residuals, money factors and incentives/cash for both 2010 and 2011 would be a great help. 12K per year lease.

Thanks
  • ahpillahpill Posts: 2
    bmkj,
    Went into a dealership near me the other day ... they had a limited stock of Maxima SVs - & did not have the '10 or '11 sport ...so ended up talking to them about the a base '11 SV that they had available (with monitor and cold weather package MSRP $35,730) - was told on the 12K lease the residual is 60% & the money factor was .00194. Their current leasing incentive on '11s is $1,000, and the impression I got was he still had another $1,000 in cash back on the '10s, but they didn't seem too into giving me info and numbers on cars they did not have ... was told the incentives are the same on SV base or sport ... but did not confirm if the rest of the numbers were the same

I realize not exactly on point but hope it gives you some idea of where the numbers are going.
  • bmkjbmkj Posts: 16
    Thanks.
    I have been dealing with salespeople on the phone and the difference for comparably equipped 2010 vs 2011 is anywhere from $10 to $80 per month depending on the dealer. Not sure who to believe, so trying to get real numbers to do my own calculations before making a final deal. More 2011's to pick from, but is it $10 more or $80 more? Big difference.
  • Hello,

Can someone please provide me with Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of the 2010 Maxima S and SV's? Also, what are the current cash incentives Nissan is offering in the Carolinas?

Thanks in advance!
  • Hi ahpill. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Maxima SV Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00028 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00194 and 62%.

In the New York area, Nissan is currently providing a cash incentive of $1,000 on leases of the 2010 and 2011 Maxima through NMAC.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go, bmkj. NMAC's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Maxima SV Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00028 and 53%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00194 and 63%.

See my previous post for the information on the cash incentives. Nissan's cash varies by region, so if you're in a different state let me know and I'll tell you if it makes a difference in the program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello kem5882. NMAC's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Maxima S with 15,000 miles per year are .00075 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 Maxima SV are .00028 and 50%.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that Nissan is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the Maxima in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • I've learned a lot from this forum, so I wanted to 'pay it forward' with my own experiences:
    I leased a 2011 Maxima 3.5 SV with monitor package, spoiler, and cold package in Smithtown, NY on October 15 2010. I had 5 remaining lease payments on my altima. I put $0 down and payments are $365/month (39 months). Dealer also threw in free oil changes for the first 30,000 miles of the car after I asked for it.
    Overall, I'm very happy with the deal. Hope this helps others!
  • soulchildsoulchild Posts: 11
    edited October 2010
    Car_man... could you possibly provide me the money factor, residual value, and incentives for a 2011 (and 2010) Maxima 3.5 SV with Sport, Monitor, & Technology Packages on a 36mos / 45k lease in New Jersey? Thank you.
  • I'm glad that you've found this discussion to helpful, edcrewguy. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go, soulchild. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2011 Maxima 3.5 SV Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00194 and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00028 and 51%.

When negotiating your deal on either of these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of them in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • angelmay321angelmay321 Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    I was wondering if this is a good deal. I have been reading around but still not sure.

Lease 2011 Maxima S
    I have 8 payments left on an Altima they are taking over (comes out to around $1700)
    $3200 down total (taxes, fees, dmv, etc)
    15K miles/yr
    with rear spoiler
    $319/mo for 39 months

I appreciate any help on this. I received a great deal on my Altima but not sure about Maxima deals.

I'm in New York. Went to a couple of dealerships around Queens and Long Island. This was the cheapest price I received.
  • Hi angelmay321. The easiest way to tell how good a deal you are getting on your Maxima is to look at its selling price in relation to its full MSRP. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey edcrewguy,

Thanks for the info on your deal. Was it for 12k mi/year? Also, did you do a real "sign and drive" meaning the up front costs were rolled into the payments? Sounds like a great deal if so.
This discussion has been closed.