Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi elsiesmom. You can trade in your current truck when leasing a new one. If you decide to trade your current vehicle in, it is in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for it rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers against making down payments on leased vehicles. the main reason that I do so is if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, any down payment that you made on it essentially disappears.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi,

I want to lease a 06 or 07 Pathfinder LE with NAV and XM radio. I built it and it priced out at $38,800. I have NO clue what to offer the dealer. I am soooo confused about haggling. Can anyone help?
  • Welcome pathynewbie. This particular discussion is for community members who are interested in discussing leasing a Nissan Maxima. Please post any questions that you have about leasing a Nissan Pathfinder in the following discussion: "Nissan Pathfinder: Lease Questions". Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • intrested in the SE or SL either one...the msrp for both would be around 34K and they are selling me invoice for the car but payments are very high for 12K miles year////i want either 12 or 15k miles a year and a lease for 24 months
  • Thanks for the additional information, cand1unc. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Maxima SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Maxima SL are .00152 and 67%. If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Car_man! What's the Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease Money Factor and Residual Value for(1) a 36-month lease of a 2007 Maxima 3.5 SE, 12,000 miles; and (2) a 39-month lease of a 2007 Maxima 3.5 SE also 12,000 miles? Thanks so much!
  • Does anyone know if Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. negotiates the price of buying a leased car at the end of the lease?
  • Good evening, Car_man. I'm also interested in the 2007 SE 36mo 12k miles MF and Residual. Is the year-end event bringing additional leasing deals as well? Thanks!
    Ryan
  • tomaxtomax Posts: 5
    Leased a 2007 Maxima for 24 months, 12K miles. Car list was 33105 + destination 500. Got 2500 for trade (later upped to 3000) and got payments down to 205 by putting in another $5000. I now notice lease did not go through Nissan Motor and wondering why and what else.

How is this deal?
  • tomaxtomax Posts: 5
    Fyi,

It is Nissan/NILT financing
  • Here you go, es_car3. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00210 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00259 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings breaks911. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi tomax. It sounds like you made a $5,000 down payment on your lease. I personally always advise consumers not to make any sort of down payment when leasing vehicles. I do so because if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, your down payment essentially disappears.

It is difficult for me to evaluate how good a deal this is without knowing your car's selling price. This number will show me how much of a discount you were given and it will enable me to estimate what your monthly payment should be. Let me know what this number is and I will let you know what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • i leased my 2004 maxima in april of 03, sticker 35,000 end of lease buy out 17,000 my payment is 549.00 for 48 mths with no money down......frm volume dealer nisian cherry hill n.j.car is fully loaded except for t.c. , i see my car with its options is selling for 24,000 and i have 2 payments left, am i able to use the difference or some of the difference as a down payment on my next car or should i buy it out and then try trading it in.........
  • So a local south fla dealer sent me this deal. best of the group so far. Thoughts?

'07 Maxima SE
    Sensory
    Premium Audio
    24 month lease
    12k miles/yr
    $1500 down
    $409 per month
    66% Residual
    .00087 but without credit check. Im assuming they will bump up as im the average range.

Thanks for looking-

Richard
  • 07 Maxima SE Precision Gray with Black Leather leased Oct. 2006 new.
    Sensory Package
    Driver Preferred Package
    Premium Audio
    Splash Guards and Mats
    Power Glass Sunroof
    MSRP $33,625
    24 month lease
    12k miles annually
    0 down and 0 due at pickup
    $395.00 inc. the 6.5% tax.

Drove out the door for a check written for $395.00, no DOC fees, title or plate transfer fees (in fact paid for a new 12 month plate)and they gave me their $49.00 VIP program for free.

Know I got a great deal. Had 4 dealers competing to lease me the car. So far the car has been great. Only a little disappointed in the MPG which is quite a bit lower than expected. I have owned Lexus GS models and Acuras and this car is right up there for thousands less!!
  • Hi 19994500. If your leased Maxima is indeed worth more than its end of term purchase option price then there is a good chance that you may be able to make some money off of it. Speak with the dealer that you want to purchase your next vehicle from to see what they can do for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi rcaldrn. The money factor that you were quoted for the 2007 Maxima SE that you are interested in is right in line with Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate for one with a waived security deposit. This means that the dealer you are working with is being very straightforward with you about this car's lease program.

Is the $27,790 price that you mentioned this car's MSRP or its selling price? I need to know both to give you a detailed analysis of this deal. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

One thing that I noticed about this deal is the $1,500 down payment that you are considering making. I always advise consumers against making down payments on leases. The main reason that I do so is that consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their car or truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Congratulations on your new car, keithand. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. It sounds like you got a great deal. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Car_man,

I have been speaking to several Nissan Dealers in my area in ref. to a lease and was offered the following:

- $150 over invoice
    - .00141 money factor
    - 61% residual
    - 36 month term

Are these good numbers? I saw a money factor on this forum of .00087. My credit is very good. Is this a current rate?
    How does the mileage (12k, 15k, etc.)affect the numbers?

Thanks in advance for your help
This discussion has been closed.