Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• lctcsclctcsc Posts: 5
    Still waiting to hear if anyone has had a lease deal that i described in message #272.... Not sure if this is a good deal or not????
  • tmnjmaxtmnjmax Posts: 19
    Tough to evaluate without price of car, interest rate etc.,
    also the residual looks very high at 63%. It looks like theres about $2500. in rent charges built into that lump sum assuming the residual is correct.

The only thing you really know is that the lump sum equates to about $429./ month when you divide by 39 and that does sound good for a 39k car. However you have to consider that you'll be losing about $75./month in income on the lump sum money(assuming you invested it at 5% interest). Have the dealer provide full details and repost-I'll bet you get alot more responses.
  • lctcsclctcsc Posts: 5
    Thank you for getting back to me.
    I am very reluctant to shell out a one-time lump sum on a lease. seems to defeat the purpose of a lease program to begin with.
    This sounds more like an "Open-End" lease, in fact the dealer said there are no more closed end leases.
    I agree, if I can get the same deal. Closed-End lease at $429/ mo. for 39 mos. It will be a good deal for that car!

I will let you know and appreciate any further responses.
  • Carman,
    I am looking at leasing a 2006 SL Murano with leather package. From looking at Edmunds I saw that I shouldn't pay more than $31,428 ($34,050 MSRP). The problem is that I am currently leasing a 2004 Honda Accord EX V6 fully loaded (no navigation system) for $303 a month and the lease ends in June. It is a 36 month lease and I have 15k miles a year, with 40,200 on it now. My buyout is $16.8k. I have 7 payments left. The dealer I talked to offered a selling price of $31.9k for the Murano he said he would waive the security deposit but claimed the market value of my Honda is $13k. When I looked at your site it says that I can expect $17,267 for my trade-in and the dealer retail would be $19,775. That being said, he said he could get me into the vehicle for between $449-459 a month, no money down. I could put $1k - $1.5k down but would prefer not to. I would like to have a payment b/w $325-$400. Is this possible? What is your take on these numbers and what can I expect. I really want to get into the Murano soon but am pondering about waiting until I get closer to 45k in miles so I can get a few more payments in. Please help me sort through this!!
  • as I said - i only paid 1000$ out of pocket, plus for the first month payment. and that is it. :)
  • tmnjmaxtmnjmax Posts: 19
    Good Job, that had to be way below invoice. What was the MSRP on the car?
  • Hi car_man.

I just received this quote from me Nissan dealer. Do you think it is competitive? I was hoping to get into the $400 dollar a month territory including tax. I am turning in an 03 Pathfinder that is leased through Nissan.

AWD SL with Touring package.
    39 month 15K=427.27 + TAX
    799.77 d.o.d
    sale price 33476
    msrp 36335

Thanks for your help.

Matt
  • Matt,
    For reference, Edmunds lists the Invoice/Others are Paying at:
    Invoice Others Paying
    $33,222 $33,489.

I just closed a lease (SL-AWD, Sunroof Pack) for $30900 (~$900 less than what is listed for others paying). I would try to get a bit lower. In my area there are 125 06's with the touring package available - odds are on your side.

RZ

RZ
  • I was just offered a deal of 39 month lease at 429/month 0 down, 12k miles and 19,000 to buy at lease end
    it was a murano sl awd with the touring package. I walked away because this is my first time and I am hesitant. Was I stupid?
  • terry92270terry92270 Posts: 1,247
    Well not being informed isn't stupid! ;)

That seems to be a pretty good deal, going by what others are posting here....maybe others know of better ones to be had?
  • Hard to say - how much money out of pocket for fees,tax,reg etc?
  • HE couldnt give me a exact amount on the taxes, regs, and etc because but I am guessing that stuff would come out to about 2000
    7.75% sales tax in California and Nevada. In California, license fees would be nearly a grand.....
  • Assuming you are buying the car at invoice and you are paying ALL inceptions fees UPFRONT -(taxes,acq.fee,registration,doc.fee,first payment)and you are getting the Nissan 39/12k money factor and residual you should be at approx 399./month-If you are not paying ALL of the above upfront - your payment will be higher.
  • are there any november lease deals? is there deals for current undergraduate students?

little off topic:
    is it me or does leasing you feel like your throwing away money on a rental car? I like the murano but I was wondering if I should go certified used on a 05 or 06 model and save some... I want to keep my payments as close to 400/month as possible what are my best options if I have 7+ score on credit?
  • If the rates are still in effect for November IMO you're better off leasing the 2006 Murano due to the lease support Nissan is providing. The 39 month lease money factor equates to an interest rate of 1.37 pct. Check Edmonds rebate section.
  • clueless,
    where did you go?
  • Hi Car Man,

Do you have any idea if the lease rates from Nissan have changed (for 06 SL AWD w touring package) from last months numbers? I am interested in a 36 or 39 month lease with 15k.

Thanks
    Matt
  • Local dealership has offered to lease me a 2006 Murano S AWD MSRP $31,045 with no money down for 39 months,12,000 miles for $279 a month plus sales tax. Up front payments are $550 ACQ Fee, $299 Doc Fee, first payment $279 plus registration and title of $85.00 He only has four 2006's left at this price. This appears to be a great deal. Am I missing something or something I should ask before I enter this lease?? I did not ask for Cap Cost, Residual Value or Money Factor because of the great monthly payment.
  • ronaldc,

This appears to be a very good deal. Where are you located? I was quoted $368 per month for a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles per year and $900 due at signing. Our quote was on a 2006 Murano S FWD with an MSRP of $27,450 in Indianapolis, IN. Compared to other vehicles, the lease we were quoted doesn't seem to be very competitive. However, I know I would move forward with the Murano lease if I was offered the same deal you posted.
    Where you live, AWD would really be a big help, and better resale value. ;)
  • I live in Massachusetts. Checked with another local Nissan dealer today and they are offering the same Murano for $289.00 plus tax. It seems that this is the going price in this market.
  • Received an offer tonight from a dealer in NE on an '06 SL AWD with the touring package, MSRP of $36,685. 39 mo., 15k miles/year, zero down, for $390/mo. First payment + TTL due on delivery. Seems like a great deal - but I'd feel better if someone would confirm it. Is this a subsidized lease offer that expires soon?
    Read the last two or three pages here (and you might want to scan the Prices Paid forum as well)...it seems like a good deal, comparable or better than what others have gotten. :)

CarMan posted here someplace about that special deal....see it is 3 months longer than the normal 36 month lease, and has a special % and all that.
  • Hi decentdeal. By looking at the MSRP that you posted, I take it that you are looking at a stripped 2WD 2006 Murano S. The selling price that you were quoted for this vehicle looks good to me. It appears to be right around or slightly below dealer invoice. Using the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $28,485 and a cap cost of $26,475, and Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s 39 month, 12,000 mile per year lease program (.00039 / 50%), I estimate that this truck's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $329, just like you were quoted. This looks like a very good deal to me. If you like the vehicle, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • You're very welcome, clueless_girl. Congratulations on your new vehicle! It sounds like you got a very good deal. Enjoy :).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings to the appropriately named needanewmurano. You still have nearly 5,000 miles left on your Accord before you have to pay any excess mileage penalty. At your current pace, 1,340 miles per month, you will only exceed your mileage allowance by 3,000 miles. Paying an excess mileage penalty on 3,000 miles will be a heck of a lot cheaper than trading in your Accord with $3,800 in negative equity in it. If I was in your situation I personally would keep my Accord until I was closer to the scheduled end of my lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Matt. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00039 and 50%, respectively. I believe that the truck that you described has a spread of around $3,200 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $2,859 on it, which is pretty good. Using these prices and the aforementioned lease program, I estimate that this truck's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $413 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing and $421 with the deposit waived.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi cocolo2k. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Murano that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • black '06, msrp 38,085 -- touring w.sirius, vdc, , spash guards, mats, sunrood wind deflector, cargo area protector, gross cap cost 35, 789, residual 19, 423, acquisition fee 550, 1150 due at signing includes first month, monthly is 467 with tax, 39 months, 12k. i think i can bring it down some and boost to 15k. but all comments welcome on the lease deal as it stands.
This discussion has been closed.