Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi cocolo2k. Nissan is still running a special lease program on the Murano in December. While it does have a special $500 cash incentive for recent or soon-to-be graduates on the 2006/2007 Sentra, Frontier, Altima, Versa, and Xterra, unfortunately this offer is not available on the Murano.

I personally am a big fan of leasing. While the cheapest way to drive a vehicle is to purchase a used one with cash and then drive it into the ground (assuming that you don't run into any major repair bills), if you like to drive a new vehicle every couple of years leasing is not that much difference than financing. Lease payments are composed of two basic elements, the depreciation portion and the interest portion. If you finance a new vehicle, you are still going to have to pay interest and depreciation, when financing though you will not realize the depreciation hit until you go to sell rather than monthly with a lease. There's not as big a difference between leasing and financing as one might initially think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ronaldc,

Do you mind sharing the name of the dealerships you received the two quotes from? I am very interested in the Murano and it appears I can save almost $3,000 by leasing a Murano in Massachusetts right now. It may be worth the one way air fare.

Thanks!
  • Hi tmnjmax. Nissan is still providing very attractive money factors for 39 month leases of 2006 Muranos in November.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here you go, Matt. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00039 and 50%, respectively. Don't bother with its 36 month lease program, it is not nearly as attractive as the 39 month program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi ronaldc. I personally would never lease a vehicle without knowing exactly what its selling price is. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without knowing this truck's selling price, you don't know how much of a discount you are being given on it or if there might be more room to negotiate. This late in the model year, I suspect that Nissan dealers will sell Muranos at pretty close to dealer invoice, at least in areas where there is a decent level of competition. Find out what this vehicle's selling price is and then stop by the following discussion to compare it to the prices that other community members have paid for similar models lately: "Nissan Murano: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello mapleriver. Nissan's special lease program on the 2006 Murano is currently scheduled to run through November 30th. It is difficult to say what its December lease program for this model will be like. At some point, Nissan is going to pull the plug on its lease support on leftover models and just provide straight dealer cash on them. A number of manufacturers have already done so. The question is whether this will happen next month or in January. It is difficult to say.

As far as this deal goes, you never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Murano that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi mediaguy2. The dealer invoice price of this truck is probably around $34,500 or so. The price that you were quoted is pretty close to this, which means that it is a pretty good deal. I don't think that you are going to negotiate a much larger discount than this, but you can always stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar models: "Nissan Murano: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Using the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $38,085 and a selling price of $35,789, I estimate that a 39 month lease of a 2006 Murano SL AWD with 12,000 miles per year would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $442.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Sorry for the delay, I was out of town. Try these:

1. Clay Nissan, Newton, MA
    2. Quirk Nissan, Braintree, MA
    3. Coastal Nissan, Norwell, MA

You can check inventories from Nissan web site. Good luck.
  • car man tell me what u think 12,000 miles
    07 murano sl AWD MSRP: 38660 selling price 35800 money factor: .00145 @ 53% monthly payment of 459 @39 months with taxes,bank,dealer fees upfront 2490+150dmvs
    this is with a touring pkg & navigation pkg
    what do you guys think? please let me know asap

he said 15000 miles would be $11 more.
  • waydewayde Posts: 198
    Hi Carman -
    What are the money factors on the 2007 Muranos? I see everyone is talking about the 06s, but there aren't any in my area.
    Do you think the 07 leases will get support in December?
    Thanks!
  • Hello all,
    I am new to leasing, so, I just left a dealership after getting the following figures, if someone could tell me whether this is a good deal, I would really appreciate it:
    2006 Murano SL AWD 2006 fully loaded model with everything except navigation or the dvd package for a price of $33855 (MSRP $37275).
    The lease is 39 mo, 12,000 mi/yr with .00039 money factor and 51% residual value. Nothing down at $471 a month with all taxes (7%) and fees included as well as the first and last lease payment.

Should I go for it, or should I wait till after Christmas when they are high and dry on buyers and get an even better deal?

Thank you.
  • terry92270terry92270 Posts: 1,247
    Simple read back in this thread about three pages then forward. Several examples of good deals posted by Carman.... ;)
  • I read over them, and I am still kind of lost on it. It's so simple with a loan, and it's just way too complicated with the lease. :confuse: The dealer also gave me the option of giving $3000 up front and paying $378 per month. With the other option I would pay nothing at all at the signing, but my payment would be $471 a month for 39 months. Car man, could you please share your opinion on this one? Thank you.
  • Using the figures you posted, the monthly payment appears correct. The price you were quoted is near invoice for this vehicle and is better than most other prices posted on this site. I would also take the advice of Car man and not put any money down. Also, you could wait, but the supply of 2006's are getting scarce and this particular vehicle might not be available in the near future. Good Luck.
  • Thank you for the response. I figure that I can get either the payment down or get more for my trade-in car. Carsdirect does offer $550 below the invoice on these cars. So, these guys should be able to budge a bit more for me. Why should I put no money down, this would mean that the lease would cost me more if I do put money down? :confuse:
    You can make more on that money in a savings account or invested, rather than paying ahead, is why.
  • See Car Man's posted response #218 for a explanation of why it is not advised to put any money down on a lease.
    Reposted for the ease of newbies... ;)

#218 Re: Nissan Murano [salty600x] by Car_man HOST Aug 03, 2006 (2:34 am)
    Bookmark | Reply | E-mail Msg
    Replying to: salty600x (Jul 20, 2006 11:31 am)

Hi salty600x. Consumers are free to lease any vehicle they want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. Of course, your monthly payment will be higher for a zero down lease than it would be for one that you made a down payment on. Still it is in your best interest as a consumer not to put money down when leasing. I say this because if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered your down payment essentially disappears. At lease signing all you need to pay are your vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, NMAC's $550 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees. If you want to cut down even further on the amount due at signing, NMAC will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for an increase of .00015 in your vehicle's money factor and you can roll the acquisition fee into your vehicle's capitalized cost.
    Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • 2007 Murano SL 2WD w/Touring Pkg. w/SIRIUS and Floor Mats:
    MSRP $35,090-Dealer Options=$695.00=Total$35,785.00
    I traded a 97 Mountaineer and was given $3,000.00
    39 mos.-12,000 miles
    Cap Cost= $32872.48
    Residual=$18597.70
    dwn pymt=$500.00
    Monthly=$385.98

I thought this was a decent deal!Replys welcomed!
  • Does that include taxes and tags?
  • Yes> It includes Taxes and Tags
  • Does anyone know what credit score will qualify you for the Tier 0 or Tier 1 rating on the Murano leases?
    600+, I believe. One of the sales people or leasing people can help you more. Those rates are usually reserved for the very top 10% or so credit-wise. Meaning those who could care less. :P
  • I'm a total noob when it comes to leasing, so please go easy on me for what might be a stupid consideration...

...Does it make any kind of sense to consider leasing a Mo (as opposed to buying) if it will only 'see' about 6k miles/year?
  • Hi cocolo2k. A base 2007 Nissan Murano SL AWD has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $2,860 on a well equipped one. this looks like a very good price to me. The money factor that you were told looks good to me as well. If you like this truck, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey wayde. Nissan's lease program for the 2007 Murano varies depending upon the vehicle's trim level, the length of the lease, and its mileage allowance. Right now 39 months is by far the most attractive term for a lease of the 2007 Murano, so I'll provide you with the info for that term. For now I'll assume that you are interested in an '07 Murano S AWD. Let me know if you want a different model. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Murano S AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00129 and 54%, respectively. The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings rodsky77. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Let's take a look at the specific deal that you were quoted. The money factor that you were given is right in line with Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate for this model. This is always a good thing. You were also quoted a discount of $3,420 on this truck. Given the fact that a base 2006 Murano SL AWD only has a spread of $2,500 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price and the fact that Nissan is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this model, I'd say that this is a fantastic price. Overall I'd say this is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Rrodsky77, it's always better not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction, aka down payment, when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their vehicles are totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi pvsurfer. If you only put 6,000 miles per year on your vehicles, you probably would end up wasting money by leasing a Murano. While some banks allow consumers to lease vehicles with 10,000 miles per year or less, the lowest mileage allowance that I have seen mentioned on Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp leases is 12,000 miles per year. If you were to lease a Murano with 12,000 miles per year you would be in essence be paying for twice as many miles than you will actually use.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thanks Car_man... Are any leases (for any cars) ever written for very low (like 7000) miles/year?
This discussion has been closed.